10 seasons out of the prem can Leeds United do it

whiteman

Well the above speaks for it self.

Do you think that this could be the year that Leeds United finally break out and get back into the big boys division. We have waited so long but at last Bates is 99% gone along with his cronies from Leeds.

I have put a tenner on them to do just that.

What do you guys think for thoes that still care.

MOT

there are a few clubs that stand out , probably cos they've shrewd or wealthy owners and or got the parachute cash behind them , like blackburn qpr bolton and or some with just serious money and /or are together enough to challenge like notts forest brighton and Leicester , then there are quite a few others that with a wind behind them could challenge, leeds atm, 4 me, are one of those 'other', so could they?YES, will they? 50 /50.

Edited by rijit

As a supporter of Leeds for over 40 years, I would love to see it, but they have no money to buy class players, and so will probably miss out yet again.

The false dawn of the Kuwaiti money has failed to materialize, but hey we can always beat Man U or Spurs in the FA Cup again.

They have the right manager.. McDermott got a collection of average championship players promoted as champions. Leeds are much bigger than Reading and should make the top 6.

The relegated teams have a significant advantage in the massive parachute payment.

And there are still teams that were in the prem the year before that probably have a better chance.

Leeds to finish outside the play-off places again in my book.

I'd like to see 'em back

Hope not,their fans are the worst in English football,a disgrace angry.gif

I do remember a section of your fans throwing Turkish Delights at visiting Leeds fans in at OT in 2000/01. There's always a group of nasty ones in every crowd.

I'd like to see 'em back

Hope not,their fans are the worst in English football,a disgrace angry.gif

back in the day ,i would have agreed with you, next to Portsmouth they were the 'scariest angriest bunch i'de ever come ax , but come ax them in the last 4 ? seasons a couple of times and didn't have the air of threat anger, that they had bac in the day, totally different kettle of fish

Edited by rijit

• 2 weeks later...

Not many in West Yorkshire believe in them any more. The revival will take longer than one season and needs some real money even if it's to be a couple of seasons away.

Can't believe the fourth largest metropolitan area in England* can't raise a decent team. Every <deleted> chip shop hamlet in Lancashire has an EPL team ferchrisakes.

They publicise Leeds-Bradford as being the third but I think they do something strange/dodgy to the Manchester conurbation stats to claim that

• 3 weeks later...

They won on saturday and bates is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 33,000 at the game MOT It is looking up

Yeah!!! I helped myself to a big Thai champagne (whisky soda) when I read that news toosmile.png . Might even truck on down Elland road myself when I'm back in West Yorks later this month.

They need to find a few more Aussies. Go Leeds!

No no NO...It was shown on Star sports here in Thailand that in February Harry Kewel was going to Liverpool for 11M quid....the story was later withdrawn..... a few months later what happened.??...the little Ozy shit left and he KNEW he was going months before...as for that ponce Viduka nothing more than a show horse prancing around ... More African strikers is what we need.....

MOT!!!!!!

They need to find a few more Aussies. Go Leeds!

No no NO...It was shown on Star sports here in Thailand that in February Harry Kewel was going to Liverpool for 11M quid....the story was later withdrawn..... a few months later what happened.??...the little Ozy shit left and he KNEW he was going months before...as for that ponce Viduka nothing more than a show horse prancing around ... More African strikers is what we need.....

MOT!!!!!!

Leeds were more successful with Kewell and Viduka in their side than when Yeboah played for them

They have the right manager.. McDermott got a collection of average championship players promoted as champions. Leeds are much bigger than Reading and should make the top 6.

Bigger club than Reading?...YES

Better club than Reading?.. NO

But I wish BM every success in the world there, but he has been screwed already by being told he had funds to spend and then finding out he has not