Farang got Stabbed

ShopBoy

Got attacked around Sukumvit 68 20.30 6/7/2013

Stabbed dead anyone have more news ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1399217790289612

///Edit: same video with the action in slow motion in post #252 of this topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651819-farang-got-stabbed/page-11#entry6586991 — Maestro

Edited by Maestro
added edit note

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time of this post there is 2400 thumbs up on Youlike for this stabbing, what a deranged world we live in.

And what percentage of those are Thai?? which might tell you a lot about Thailand.

Absolutely dreadful.

Don't argue with Thais, because their lack of appreciation for the gift of life is so scant, this is an all too common reaction.

If life is so sacred to Buddhists, then tell me why Thailand is head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats.

Is Thailand really head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats? I find that very hard to believe, are you taking the population of countries and expats into this statistic? Although I believe Thais are amongst the biggest cowards (not them all), if you mind your own business, and stay sober, Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

Not if they are carrying a samurai sword.

• Like 1

Absolutely dreadful.

Don't argue with Thais, because their lack of appreciation for the gift of life is so scant, this is an all too common reaction.

If life is so sacred to Buddhists, then tell me why Thailand is head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats.

Is Thailand really head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats? I find that very hard to believe, are you taking the population of countries and expats into this statistic? Although I believe Thais are amongst the biggest cowards (not them all), if you mind your own business, and stay sober, Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

Not if they are carrying a samurai sword.

There is no excuse for anyone using a weapon except in self defence. I would find it very hard to believe that the Farang who was stabbed was walking down the road, perfectly sober, and minding his own business, although I accept it was possible.

Absolutely dreadful.

Obviously Thailand has a much higher concentration of western expats and tourists than most other countries. But even before I lived here, I was always hearing of Brits murdered here, a lot more than any other country. When Brits are murdered abroad, it makes the news.

Its a pity you have to stay sober and mind your own business to stay alive.

Even when I was here a year, I went back over to the UK to clear up some business and sell my car I no longer needed there, and the woman I sold my car to when I told her I was now living in LOS, she replied, oh... My uncle was murdered there 3 years ago... Says it all.

I would agree with that.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are nutters everywhere,the whole world is more violent nowadays.I know of farangs who carry weapons too,and no doubt would use them in a so called protecting themselves mode.

So many hotbeds of violence in uk too, take Glasgow for instance,supposed to have more nutters than anywhere in the uk

• Like 1

Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

First you say there is no excuse for this attack with a waepon, then you backtrack as say that it must have been provoked. Did you watch the video? The farang was unarmed, walking away when he was attacked from behind. The farang may have balked at a fare price or had some verbal altercation with the Thai, but it is no excuse to kill him on the street.

This is my point exactly.

In most other countries you can express yourself and if offense is taken then you may get a punch in the face, and that is extreme in my book. But here, it is much more likely the offended will reach for a weapon and see it as justification to murder you.

I also agree with the other poster... Thais are very cowardly, because so many carry weapons. But I would say that above all this. Tuk Tuk and Taxi drivers are probably the worst to annoy. For some reason they seem to think they are above the law and almost always have a weapon and over react in a situation.

I will guarantee one thing is for sure.

The farang will in no way have deserved what he got, no matter what he did. This is why the attitude here to life is in total contradiction to the so called state religion of Buddhism.

That's why the streets are crawling with manky soi dogs, because they think it is wrong to control them by destruction orders, yet if a human offends another, they will shoot you or hack you down like a manky soi dog.

I agree with the point about a sick soi dog,the vets will not put them to sleep,cos of bad karma,yet a thai can hack somebody to death over a 1,000 baht.However its not fair to put Thailand as the worst,there are far more dangerous places in the world for violence,acts of god etc etc.Remember the soldier who had his head hacked off,thats uk,remember the 14 yo girl who was stoned to death for having a boyfriend not of the family faith,its a sick world mate.

• Like 2

Loptr, take another look at my posts, where did I say this stabbing must have been provoked? No, there was no excuse for killing him in the street, I was only making the point that Thailand is a very safe country to live in, if you stay sober and mind your own business, I am not saying that if you are drunk and don't mind your own business, you should be killed.

I also agree with the other poster... Thais are very cowardly, because so many carry weapons.

A lot of Americans carry weapons. Are Americans cowards? Klubex, you're a bit of a nutter. Not much of what you say makes any sense...ever.

Exactly. Criminals and thugs in all countries carry weapons. Thailand is no different, although to read some posts you wouldn't think so.

In Brazil, football a referee stabbed a player to death on the field and then the spectators decapitated the ref and dismembered him. Thailand seems like a gentle paradise!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357453/Brazilian-soccer-referee-beheaded-angry-fans-head-stake-stabbed-player.html

Warning: the video is gruesome

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

Loptr, take another look at my posts, where did I say this stabbing must have been provoked? No, there was no excuse for killing him in the street, I was only making the point that Thailand is a very safe country to live in, if you stay sober and mind your own business, I am not saying that if you are drunk and don't mind your own business, you should be killed.

Sure, more Brits and Aussies die in Thailand than any other overseas destination, but having SEEN many of those people in action, am I surprised ? How many here would be willing to stagger around Soho or Sydney's King Cross at 2am bombed out of their minds ? Before someone leaps on me, I'm not saying that was the case with our unfortunate friend, but I've done it many times on lower Suk (and in Patts, apparently a great place to meet one's maker) and survived the experience. Probably in more danger from vehicular traffic than frutcakes armed with swords.

Given a choice between Suk and the Cross, I'll take Suk every time. As for the comment re 'having to think about what to do' if attacked by someone with a sword, I doubt that there is a credible self-defence instructor on the planet who wouldn't advocate working on your cardio fitness and endurance drills ... I'll take laughter behind me over a disembowelment any day of the week ! ;)

• Like 2