Farang got Stabbed

ShopBoy

"The farang will in no way have deserved what he got, no matter what he did. This is why the attitude here to life is in total contradiction to the so called state religion of Buddhism"..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Damn ! Just laughed so hard when I read the dribble above that I sprayed my laptop with coffee, but thanks for the chuckle, I needed that.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The farang will in no way have deserved what he got, no matter what he did. This is why the attitude here to life is in total contradiction to the so called state religion of Buddhism"..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

dam_n ! Just laughed so hard when I read the dribble above that I sprayed my laptop with coffee, but thanks for the chuckle, I needed that.

So you saying he deserved it then?

dam_n ! Just laughed so hard when I read the dribble above that I sprayed my laptop with coffee, but thanks for the chuckle, I needed that.

Even if he did (not saying that), what the hell do you care? You're just intent on bashing the Thais, for no other reason but your own inadequacies. Truth is, there's near 100% certainty that the Thai guy was provoked. Thais don't just go off on farangs without provocation. But if you think Thailand is such a dangerous place for farangs, that farangs can't walk down the street without being sliced to bits, then leave already.

• Like 2

Incidentally, I do believe that he is using a samurai sword. Another shocking sub-culture going on in this country. There is a mushrooming of 'samurai gangs' in Thailand. My wife just watched that video and her first comment was, that looks like they copy samurai gang. There are many now, they attack people for nothing with samurai swords, they are crazy. It on the news. They think it cool to do it.

No klubex99, I am not saying he deserved it at all, because like you I was not there and do not know what happened before this horrible attack.

My laughter was directed at you and your melodramatic babbling, not at the events concerning the attack.

As another poster said, not much of what you say makes any sense...ever.

And thanks to Berkshire, the last line of your last post summed it up nicely. Glad I am not the only one who thinks that way.

• Like 2

rip mate ...he had a go ..should have run the other way instead of running to his attacker ....have seen similar here in los ...unprovoked attack with sword ...guy was high on something ....rip once again ....hope the bastard gets 20 years ...he wont though ...

"A warning to anyone. Do not say ANYTHING remotely critical about anything to do with Thais, Thailand or the Thai culture. If so, you are a racist scumbag.".............................

See how long you can go without making a nasty comment about Thais, Thailand or the Thai culture. I bet you don't last long, your type cannot help themselves. whistling.gif

• Like 1

The use of the word "farang" is completely stupid and unnecessary, why can't it be said that a tourist was stabbed, or a foreigner?

Then again, the ways taxi drivers react to white people is very very different than how they act toward asian people, especially those with status.

Because a farang got stabbed maybe?

You aren't going to start another 'the word farang is insulting' debate are you?

I haven't had any bad experiences with Bangkok taxi drivers so what's with this 'reaction to white people' you are claiming?

RIP for the victim.

This particular cabby has it ALL coming.

Thanks for the update Klubex99. wai.gif

A shocking, cowardly despicable act.

Now we have a name and a face to the victim can we keep in mind that as is usual, the victims friends and family will usually find their way on to Thaivisa looking for assistance and answers.

Mr Pilkington certainly didn't deserve this over a taxi fare dispute.

• Like 2

Incidentally, 9 British killed in Thailand since 2009.

Look at the record of the US for tourist deaths - that's worrying!

Edited by diyer

Thanks for the update Klubex99. wai.gif

A shocking, cowardly despicable act.

Now we have a name and a face to the victim can we keep in mind that as is usual, the victims friends and family will usually find their way on to Thaivisa looking for assistance and answers.

Mr Pilkington certainly didn't deserve this over a taxi fare dispute.

I totally agree. Lets keep it decent for the sake of his loved ones who have my deepest sympathy at this time.

Even if he did (not saying that), what the hell do you care? You're just intent on bashing the Thais, for no other reason but your own inadequacies. Truth is, there's near 100% certainty that the Thai guy was provoked. Thais don't just go off on farangs without provocation. But if you think Thailand is such a dangerous place for farangs, that farangs can't walk down the street without being sliced to bits, then leave already.

Not entirely true Berkshire, there's been plenty of examples of farangs getting rolled and beaten up for nothing.

I'm not talking about robberies and such. But seriously, Blether, is this something that you've witnessed with any sort of regularity? I mean farangs just getting beat up for no reason? Do you believe Thailand to be an unsafe place for farangs? If I thought that for even a brief moment, I'd be out of here in a nano second.

Klubex sounds the sane one here , if provoked or not, this action is not justified for any disagreement.

An argument over a fare and using a samuri sword like this is definately cowardness.

Yes, this one act. So do you believe like Klubex that all Thais are cowards because of this one guy?

This attack took place a couple of days after Richard Barrow (@richardbarrow) was tweeting about how you should take a firmer stance against taxi drivers who refuse to accept farangs as passengers. Let's hope this 'advice' did not contribute to this incident.

A few months ago Mr Barrow's blog was encouraging people to act as 'bounty hunters' and go after a violent Australian criminal who escaped custody at the airport. He later changed the blog after he thought better of it.

Another page in the long running novel of crazed taxi drivers....

The Thai government needs to provide anger management courses for these

guys, or perform some sort of screening. This kind of story obviously

will have an effect on tourism. Or I guess it could help taxi drivers.

When they ask for some insane amount of money, people will be quick to

pay up , rather than get the sword....

• Like 1

My question would be will he get of ?

I hope the American embassy is all over this and pressures the Thai govt to prosecute him.

Like I read about so many killings the murders are walking the streets of Thailand.

Can any one shed some light on what might happen to this guy ?

Rip

• Like 1