Farang got Stabbed

ShopBoy

you

Loptr, take another look at my posts, where did I say this stabbing must have been provoked? No, there was no excuse for killing him in the street, I was only making the point that Thailand is a very safe country to live in, if you stay sober and mind your own business, I am not saying that if you are drunk and don't mind your own business, you should be killed.

You just condoned the killings of a good many tourists....as drinking in thailand is sort of a major tourist attraction. I say you are "Dead Wrong." Not that I think that drinking is a good thing....but hey....get with the program...half the people in the bars of Pattaya, Phuket, Soi Cowboy, Nana and Chiang Mai deserve to die....according to you.blink.png

Problem with your comment is that for the most p

you

Loptr, take another look at my posts, where did I say this stabbing must have been provoked? No, there was no excuse for killing him in the street, I was only making the point that Thailand is a very safe country to live in, if you stay sober and mind your own business, I am not saying that if you are drunk and don't mind your own business, you should be killed.

You just condoned the killings of a good many tourists....as drinking in thailand is sort of a major tourist attraction. I say you are "Dead Wrong." Not that I think that drinking is a good thing....but hey....get with the program...half the people in the bars of Pattaya, Phuket, Soi Cowboy, Nana and Chiang Mai deserve to die....according to you.blink.png

Problem with your comment is that for the most part it is the Thais who are the drunks, especially on the road, but the police are too busy writing 400 baht no helmut tickets instead of doing real police work. Whoops, sorry that is real police work. And these people wonder why we laugh at them.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you

Hehe...sorry...reread your post. I misquoted you...and read too fast... my apologies sir....wai2.gif

**** Thai language removed, this is the English language side of the forum, if you want to post in Thai language, you can do so in the Thai Language forum.****

It says (some parts I am unsure of as i am not that good in thai) a western man was attacked by a taxi driver, then details of the taxi pink colour, registration number 6549 bangkok, it says the taxi driver attacked him with a sword, and the location of the incident being sukhmvit 68 at 20:30 yesterday, then it says whoever knows the taxi driver or sees him should report him to bang Na police station or call 191.

Some taxi drivers take yaba by the way, which might explain things a little.

Edited by metisdead

>>If your a foreigner in Thailand and did not already know alcohol, late night travel and tuk tuks are a bad idea then your not too bright.

Easy there chief, you might want to learn to use grammar before writing something.

Whether water was thrown on the driver or not, taking out a huge sword and killing a passenger is not the behaviour of a sane person. Maybe the driver was the one on the booze.

Oh my apologies for offending your delicate ears with my grammar. You are right it was incorrect grammar. Was multitasking with a little repair job. No excuses for my grammar crime.

And worth pointing out good english grammar will protect people in all sorts of dangerous situations like blade attacks and bullets.

Enjoy your tuk tuk rides !!!

you

Hehe...sorry...reread your post. I misquoted you...and read too fast... my apologies sir....wai2.gif

Apology accepted, I have no problems with social drinkers, but drunkiness will get you into trouble in any country.

Absolutely dreadful.

Don't argue with Thais, because their lack of appreciation for the gift of life is so scant, this is an all too common reaction.

If life is so sacred to Buddhists, then tell me why Thailand is head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats.

Is Thailand really head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats? I find that very hard to believe, are you taking the population of countries and expats into this statistic? Although I believe Thais are amongst the biggest cowards (not them all), if you mind your own business, and stay sober, Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

The murder rate is very high in Thailand, but I've no idea how many of the victims are foreigners.

Violent death rate in Thailand is 13 times higher then in Germany, 8 times higher than in the UK:

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/thailand

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/germany

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/united-kingdom

It's fairly common knowledge that a lot of taxi drivers, having worked a long day shift, will use Ya ba or similar to keep themselves awake into the night.

I would normally check the driver to see if he has dilated pupils and and that familiar glassy look in his eye, and will skip them if they exhibit the symptoms.

Forget the samurai sword, I don't want a drug crazed psycho driving me through the streets even if the fare is reasonable!

So you tell a tax driver,

look mate,ithink you have been taking Yabba so i arent going to get in your taxi in case you chop me to bits,what do you think he will say or do ?????

Absolutely dreadful.

Don't argue with Thais, because their lack of appreciation for the gift of life is so scant, this is an all too common reaction.

If life is so sacred to Buddhists, then tell me why Thailand is head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats.

Is Thailand really head and shoulders above any other nation in the murder of tourists and expats? I find that very hard to believe, are you taking the population of countries and expats into this statistic? Although I believe Thais are amongst the biggest cowards (not them all), if you mind your own business, and stay sober, Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world.

The murder rate is very high in Thailand, but I've no idea how many of the victims are foreigners.

Violent death rate in Thailand is 13 times higher then in Germany, 8 times higher than in the UK:

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/thailand

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/germany

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/united-kingdom

Why are you wondering? When everything is cheap, life is cheap too.

Edited by syncsync

Judging from the video, for the sake of accuracy, and to show how bad the attack was, reports should say "hacked to death", not "stabbed to death". There's a big difference between the two in the level of aggression involved.

so, one cab driver loses control, kills a foreigner and suddenly thailand becomes a country full of killing maniacs who deeply hate farang people and can kill them and walk free. sigh... can the people who think like that please get their bags, take a cab (pun intended), drive to bkk airport and leave.

One???? You need to read the papers or internet a little more. Phuket and Pattaya are out of control. Or better stated, in control by Thai and Russian mafia. Try renting a scodoo and get a scratch on it or not and see what happens.

Thai bashers wouldn't exist if the Thais didn't bring it on. The old saying, "where there is smoke there is fire". And I am not talking about the burning season. LOL It's pathetic what they get away with here against the farongs. Yeah, we can leave but it's more fun to waste our time ranting on TV. And besides, the bargirls are all sleeping until 8pm anyway. Of course there is no prostitution in Thailand. I don't go to bars anyway so I suspect the farongs go there to chat.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 2

UPDATE.

My wife just found the story on the Thai news website.

The guy was 51 from USA. Name: Troy Lee Pilklington.

He dies after sustaining injuries in an attack by a taxi driver after an argument over the fare. Mr Pilkington got out of the taxi and walked away, when the passenger was attacked from behind with a large knife (sword).

The attacker is in police custody, and the attack happened near Sukumvit Soi 68.

I won't post the pictures here, too graphic.

Here is the link to the source.

http://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/217278

RIP Troy. You didn't deserve it, no matter what anyone says.

Not quite according to my wife.

As the American got out of the taxi, he threw water from a bottle into the face of the taxi driver.

By that time both men were extremely angry in the heat of the moment and it became a fight to the death, the American was attacked with a weapon but did not back off even through he was unarmed.

Aha. Good to see more information coming to light. It seems that the taxi driver was provoked by more than just a simple fare dispute, but was actually "assaulted" by water. Still no reason to react in such a violent way though - absolutely unbelievable.

This is just desperate justification from the driver, if not from where else. The driver was not threatened from the video and the American had no weapon, so it was not a 'fight to the death' but cold blooded murder by the taxi driver against an unarmed man trying desperately to fend off the maniac. where is the evidence that the driver had water thrown at him? somebody will be claiming next this was attempted murder by the American!

Edited by sms747
  • Like 1

so, one cab driver loses control, kills a foreigner and suddenly thailand becomes a country full of killing maniacs who deeply hate farang people and can kill them and walk free. sigh... can the people who think like that please get their bags, take a cab (pun intended), drive to bkk airport and leave.

I think that people here are posting in response to the fact that this sort of thing can be seen as typical (in a lot of views). Just because it is being discussed on this thread, doesn't erase all the other thousands of incidents. This thread is about one incident, but the discussion is about the wider picture... Take your blinkers off.

• Like 1

Judging from the video, for the sake of accuracy, and to show how bad the attack was, reports should say "hacked to death", not "stabbed to death". There's a big difference between the two in the level of aggression involved.

i think the difference comes with the kind of weapon involved.