Top 50 Must Sees In Chiang Rai Province.

theblether

I was going to put a limit on it per member but nice to see you showing some restraint biggrin.png

Incidentally, you've given me inspiration straight away. wai.gif

Oh, any chance we can get rough directions as to where the attraction is, I Google Earthed those two VF and I couldn't locate the second one. sad.png

Edited by theblether

I was going to put a limit on it per member but nice to see you showing some restraint biggrin.png

Oh, any chance we can get rough directions as to where the attraction is, I Google Earthed those two VF and I couldn't locate the second one. sad.png

They have a website at Boon Rawd Farm. It is listed on my Map. I have some more pictures on my blog under "Visiting Rai Boon Rawd in Chiang Rai".

If you follow the road from the White Temple (1208) to the end and turn right on the (1211), shortly on your left you will see a big gold statue of the Singha Beer symbol. Turn left at the entrance.

• Like 2

I like this place - when we came there first time a few years ago there was almost nothing but a litle statue inside,but that has change alot since.

Also a great place to get some nice pictures as you can see fare away from the top.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/86242878

Here it is in the evening:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5633A68BD0870CFE!6192&authkey=!AP0rQ0HmTMxkLr4

Edited by brianmarinus

They have a website at Boon Rawd Farm. It is listed on my Map. I have some more pictures on my blog under "Visiting Rai Boon Rawd in Chiang Rai".

If you follow the road from the White Temple (1208) to the end and turn right on the (1211), shortly on your left you will see a big gold statue of the Singha Beer symbol. Turn left at the entrance.

One would hope you are planning on producing a Map to go with this Top 50 list. If you are, please feel free to lift whatever you want from the locations I have located on my map. It may speed things up just a bit.thumbsup.gif

What I was thinking was, if we get the list made up and agreed, and in numerical order, we could square up the list and if TV allow, present it as a pinned topic.

You would imagine that people would want to see the top 10 at least so if we could work out a routing and timing then that would be a great help to those that were requesting help as to their itineraries. However your map idea is even better.

From a selfish point of view it would give me ideas and inspiration for places to visit, and on top of that, I could see we Chiang Raiophiles setting out to make a point of visiting every one of the top 50 locations. So making up a downloadable check list would be a great idea too.

What do you think?

• Like 1

What I was thinking was, if we get the list made up and agreed, and in numerical order, we could square up the list and if TV allow, present it as a pinned topic.

You would imagine that people would want to see the top 10 at least so if we could work out a routing and timing then that would be a great help to those that were requesting help as to their itineraries. However your map idea is even better.

From a selfish point of view it would give me ideas and inspiration for places to visit, and on top of that, I could see we Chiang Raiophiles setting out to make a point of visiting every one of the top 50 locations. So making up a downloadable check list would be a great idea too.

What do you think?

I'm out and about now so let me take some time to think about it and I'll get back to you later.

What do you think?

I'm out and about now so let me take some time to think about it and I'll get back to you later.

Sounds like a great idea.

Will make it easier for people like myself who come to look around

What do you think?

Even given past performance of this forum, I am sanguine about your ability to marshal enough participation to bring this list to fruition. You may end up relying more on visitors than residents but if you can pull this off I am sure there will be many appreciative viewers.
I am not much of a list maker but I think it might be a good idea for me to do my own little list on the side and then if you need some more ideas later on I will be ready. I am very interested to see what others find of interest here in Chiang Rai.
As lannachiangrai alluded to, many locations are best visited during specific months, like when certain flowers may be in bloom.
Edited by villagefarang

That's a superb photo of Wat Tha Ton, as well as all the others Helbob. Wat Tha Ton is certainly one of the relatively unknown treasures of CR Province, and the view from there is quite superb.

I love the rest of the photos too. wai.gif

• Like 1

Oh oh oh, no cheating biggrin.png We can't bring CM into it however I agree. Anyway excellent stuff Helbob.

I'm intending travelling back up to That Ton soon as some of the vistas there are exceptional, that certainly qualifies in the obscure category, a superb place that most people have never heard of.

Doi Tung

Wat Doi Tung

408263_312091188829210_2025738357_n.jpg

Which apparently is important to people born in the Year of the Pig

384454_312089485496047_828909086_n.jpg

375190_312089045496091_1110263575_n.jpg

I love the walkway to the temple, it's The Bells, The Bells!!

394391_312087382162924_349889486_n.jpg

• Like 1