Top 50 Must Sees In Chiang Rai Province.

theblether

I was going to put a limit on it per member but nice to see you showing some restraint biggrin.png

Incidentally, you've given me inspiration straight away. wai.gif

Oh, any chance we can get rough directions as to where the attraction is, I Google Earthed those two VF and I couldn't locate the second one. sad.png

They have a website at Boon Rawd Farm. It is listed on my Map. I have some more pictures on my blog under "Visiting Rai Boon Rawd in Chiang Rai".

If you follow the road from the White Temple (1208) to the end and turn right on the (1211), shortly on your left you will see a big gold statue of the Singha Beer symbol. Turn left at the entrance.

I am indebted to you for giving me the motivation and an idea of what to do with my long neglected map. I have stripped it down to sites to see and a few routes, removing most of the uninteresting location markers. Have added many new images to the map today but have more than a few more to go.wai.gifsmile.png

• Like 2

Okay, obscure?........

1003670_563251683713158_942572609_n.jpg

Mae Sai Immigration, the gateway to Burma. People visiting as tourists can ( subject to the timing left on their trip obviously ) leave Thailand wander across the Friendship Bridge into Tachilek, Mynmar.

They come out after having put their feet on Burmese soil, and with a Mynmar visa to add to their collection. That's an attraction. smile.png

I suppose I better clarify the procedure for any guests reading this post. I'll make it simple.......

Go to Thai Immigration to the left of the building, they will stamp you out of the country.

Cross the Friendship Bridge by foot to Mynmar ( Burma ).

Go into Mynmar Immigration, they will give you a visa to visit the town of Tachilek only.

This will cost 500 baht. ( or $10.00 US if you have it with you ).

They will give you an entry voucher, and Mynmar immigration will retain your passport.

You can go for a walk into Tachilek, many people visit the market. You will also be offered tuk tuk tours of the town, I did one and thought it was enjoyable. The tuk tuk drivers will be waiting for you as soon as you pass immigration.

When you return, go to the right hand side of the bridge, walk past the scrum of Burmese people who use the first window at Immigration, walk all the way round and you'll see this sign

1002119_563255210379472_1310241237_n.jpg

Go to the window there, hand in your voucher, get your passport back.

Cross over the bridge, and fill in an arrivals form for Thailand, clear immigration and customs and that's you back in the country on a 14 day visa.

Remember, when you re-enter, it is only a 14 day visa.

Edited by theblether

Many of us non-tourist types have been over and back on several occasions without a single stamp in our passports. I guess we are missing out on the good stuff.wink.pngbiggrin.png

See, that's what happens when you live in a place, you miss some of the benefits. smile.png

Many of us non-tourist types have been over and back on several occasions without a single stamp in our passports. I guess we are missing out on the good stuff.wink.pngbiggrin.png

See, that's what happens when you live in a place, you miss some of the benefits. smile.png

Then again we are compensated by being given a VIP pass, which makes us feel very very important.biggrin.png

Everywhere people were quietly and unobtrusively enjoying this lovely environment. There were several young artists deeply emersed in their painting, seeming oblivious to others walking up the trail.

Phon%2520Prabath%2520%2520002.jpg

Phon%2520Prabath%2520%2520003.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

This is superb.......Chiang Rai Province is coming alive in front of our eyes. wai.gif

You thinking of setting up shop in Chiang Rai TB?

Well put it this way....he wouldn't go far wrong if he did.

This is superb.......Chiang Rai Province is coming alive in front of our eyes. wai.gif

How about yourself KevJohn?

Think he would have to get divorced to do that and he would be a fool to do that. As the old Mortein ad said....when you are on a good thing stick to it.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JEsRKCemF4U?feature=player_detailpage"

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Think he would have to get divorced to do that and he would be a fool to do that. As the old Mortein ad said....when you are on a good thing stick to it.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JEsRKCemF4U?feature=player_detailpage"

Agree with you harrry......would never get the wife to leave Non Thai.....except for holidays.

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 1

I've been stagnating a bit, and that's a trap that's too easy to fall into. I'm going to stay in CM and wander up to CR when I get a chance, however I'm making a point of getting out and about a lot more in CM now as well.

I like this idea of the top 50 attractions in CR for example, as once it's complete I will make a point of doing them all. Over the next few months I hope to visit a lot of the places that have passed me by in CM such as the Zoo and the Night Safari, and many more.

It's a bit ridiculous I haven't been already.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...