Butterflies - where to buy in BKK?

Malthus101

I know, a weird question.

I'm talking about dead ones, fake ones, any kind really as home decoration.

I was in Central and saw some encased in plastic that looked like cyrstal - it was OK apart from the plastic bit.

If anyone happens to be out and see a case with a butterfly pinned in it or something like that, let me know!

Thanks.

Not a weird question at all.

Just about any touristy location will have some. I see them all the time along Sukhumvit close to Nana.

Saw some very nice collections of butterflies and other insects in Chatuchuk last weekend.

• Like 1

Not a weird question at all.

Just about any touristy location will have some. I see them all the time along Sukhumvit close to Nana.

Saw some very nice collections of butterflies and other insects in Chatuchuk last weekend.

Excellent! I haven't even been to Chatuchuk yet, so that gives me an excuse to go - is it ONLY at weekends that market? Thanks.

Much of the market is only open on weekends. Some of the surrounding stalls and malls are open other days, but I've never been there during the week.

Go before 11:00 or it gets way too crowded (for me anyway).

• 5 years later...
On 7/11/2013 at 9:05 AM, p_brownstone said:

Sad to reflect that anyone would think these beautiful creatures make an attractive home decoration - killed, dried and pinned behind glass.

Patrick

Sad to reflect that someone would ruin these beautiful creatures natural habitat by building homes and cultivating farmland. 

Edited by Yellowtail