Horror crash: Three killed, five injured in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district

webfact

ACCIDENT
Three killed, five injured in Sung Noen horror crash

The Nation

30210097-01_big.jpg
Photo : Prasit Tangprasert

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- A minivan carrying Cannon Thailand's Sung Noen Branch employees crashed into trees at the side of the road and overturned this morning in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district, killing three people and injuring five others.

The deceased were identified as Sangdeun Saraboon, 24, Manit Momkunthod, 27, and Ariya Plakpromrad, 25.

The van driver, Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing to drop the seven passengers in Sikhiu and Pak Chong districts at around 6am when he attempted to pass a truck on a sharp curve and almost hit a pickup truck. He swerved to avoid the pickup but lost control of the van, crashed into trees at the side of the road and overturned.

Police and paramedics sent the injured to local hospitals. At least one of the victims, believed to severe injuries, has been transferred to Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital. The police detained Chalermsak, who will be charged with reckless driving causing death and bodily harm.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-10

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most drivers here not exactly aware of which crafts like gravity or mass acceleration.

Im actually surprised nobody use this to scam insurances, sinse its really easy here to get into a accident here

Causing death by dangerous driving carries up to 14year prison sentence in the UK.

I wonder what sentence the driver will get in Thailand ?

RIP to the deceased.

i would guess the sentence will be in the form of words in a sentence, bad boy, will you slow down in future

• Like 2

can find my ball everytimes rides this minicoffin especialy during a visa run....will not sitting beside the driver ever again as it like 3 hour of roller coaster ride experience.. so i will sit in the middle. refer to the picture above if u sit in the middle u probably having a broken leg, a broken hand, 30 stiches on your head and not least 20 broken bones of your mid section but yet you survive..

• Like 1

"when he attempted to pass a truck on a sharp curve"

He said it all .. NEVER pass a truck or a car in any curves ..it seems its a national sport here anyway ..... well it seems it doesnt bother anyone as nothing ever change.... I feel sorry for the passengers to have such driver.... RIP.

another example of the lousy driving and dangerous roads in Thailand.

I am very sad for these people....... IDIOTS is the words to those who give them licenses and IDIOTS are those who allow them to drive. I was once approached in Ekkamei while trying to purchase a ticket to Pattaya.... Sir pattaya in 40 minutes..... NO... It only takes 5 minutes... to Pattaya??? ha ha ha....No you idiot to die! What are they racing for..... to scavenge 5 trips in a day. Unregulated bus companies and tour groups. AMAZING THAILAND..... POOR PEOPLE!!!!

Another sad crash !
This crashed van has tailgating and surprise overtaking written all over it.

I use the bkk - saraburi - pak chong - isaan route often and i am always surprised by the immediate rush these vans + pickup drivers have when they see a curve in front on them. The pak chong section is a hilly approach full of curves, chicanes and a few wide straights - apart from the heavier vehicles who are the slowest ones - almost everyone makes a dash for it.

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

I wonder if he actually had a license?

• Like 1

Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing to drop the seven passengers

So, what's new? sad.png

That he is still there and didn't flee the scene?

Hmmm....wonder why....?

rushing to drop the seven passengers

And.... 3 killed + 5 injured. :(

Edited by Payboy

No offense to anyone, but the minivan drivers here are the same as the minivan drivers in South Africa, they just don't care about anything or anyone. It is all about getting from point A to point B in as quick as possible time to make it back to point A, the more times this is done the more money they make. It's all about the money and sc*#w the lives lost in-between.

• Like 2

So tragic. All of them were so young and had so much to look forward to. RIP to all of the ones that passed and my heart goes out to their loved ones, including family and friends. For the survivors, I hope they recover quickly without any permanent disabilities. If anything good does result from this, may it be a lesson learned for all and hopefully a future life saved.

Edited by dtrain5000