BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Horror crash: Three killed, five injured in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district

Another sad crash !
This crashed van has tailgating and surprise overtaking written all over it.

I use the bkk - saraburi - pak chong - isaan route often and i am always surprised by the immediate rush these vans + pickup drivers have when they see a curve in front on them. The pak chong section is a hilly approach full of curves, chicanes and a few wide straights - apart from the heavier vehicles who are the slowest ones - almost everyone makes a dash for it.

They'll have that banged back into shape and on the classifieds sites in no time.

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

I wonder if he actually had a license?

• Like 1

Feel so sorry for those who lost their lives but this moronic driving style is typical in Thailand. Despite the on-going tragedies nobody ever learns from them.

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

driving license? what, driving license?

Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing to drop the seven passengers

So, what's new? sad.png

That he is still there and didn't flee the scene?

Hmmm....wonder why....?

rushing to drop the seven passengers

And.... 3 killed + 5 injured. :(

Edited by Payboy

As sad and reckless as this is/was i commend the driver for telling the truth, much more than many would have done especially in the west.

• Like 1

No offense to anyone, but the minivan drivers here are the same as the minivan drivers in South Africa, they just don't care about anything or anyone. It is all about getting from point A to point B in as quick as possible time to make it back to point A, the more times this is done the more money they make. It's all about the money and sc*#w the lives lost in-between.

• Like 2

So tragic. All of them were so young and had so much to look forward to. RIP to all of the ones that passed and my heart goes out to their loved ones, including family and friends. For the survivors, I hope they recover quickly without any permanent disabilities. If anything good does result from this, may it be a lesson learned for all and hopefully a future life saved.

Edited by dtrain5000

What is the speed limit here 120 km/hr on hills