Horror crash: Three killed, five injured in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district

webfact

"when he attempted to pass a truck on a sharp curve"

He said it all .. NEVER pass a truck or a car in any curves ..it seems its a national sport here anyway ..... well it seems it doesnt bother anyone as nothing ever change.... I feel sorry for the passengers to have such driver.... RIP.

another example of the lousy driving and dangerous roads in Thailand.

It's possible he was driving to instructions,, He did say he was "rushing" Cannon Thailand's Sung Noen Branch employees..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the guy coming from the opposite direction threw coffee at him causing the accident. But for God's sake I hope we don't jump to conclusions all Thai drivers are drunks or drive like this guy. We all know how careful they drive here.

I wonder what the accident rate per licensed driver is here in Thailand compared to the civilized countries. And then compare it to the unlicensed drivers here. I wonder if the proficient police dept keeps those kinds of records. I'm sure they do as Thailand is undoubtedly one of the safest countries in the world to drive in.

• Like 2

when is something going to be done about these drivers, they drive like there in a race all the time. for a lazzy race of people i don't get it when they get behind the wheel they have to get from A too B asap.

"The van driver, Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing".

He is actually saying that being in a rush caused the accident.

He surely cannot be responsible for being in a rush he will tell the police...

And he cannot be responsible that there was a pick-up truck in the way.

And he is not responsible for all the curves on the roads...

And these trees...

And surely he will add a few "Wai's" to clear it all away...

• Like 1

and of course he was driving at 40km/h ........... or is it 140 ?

Well the driver did say he was "rushing" which says it all, case closed. Another lunatic/imbecile on Thailand's roads.

Just a pity that 'the cretin' wasn't killed himself. No justice at all coffee1.gif

and of course he was driving at 40km/h ........... or is it 140 ?

Well the driver did say he was "rushing" which says it all, case closed. Another lunatic/imbecile on Thailand's roads.

Just a pity that 'the cretin' wasn't killed himself. No justice at all coffee1.gif

Dont worry I guarantee he will be back doing EXACTLY the same thing the next day.

• Like 1

when is something going to be done about these drivers, they drive like there in a race all the time. for a lazzy race of people i don't get it when they get behind the wheel they have to get from A too B asap.

Answer to your question: NEVER. No one cares and life is meaningless in this so-called "Buddhist" country

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

I think we should start a photo collection under the title of " PM'sThainess promotion" on TV with the story...especially the recurring ones..Police corruption, transportation monopolies, break failures, traffic homicides, Thais killing people over 51 baht with a samuri sword, etc. No comments or discussions, just pages and pages of photos and videos.

Your gonna need terabytes of room for that, and dont forget to not show Thailand in a bad light or it will be your photo on the front page.

Im waiting for the apologist rose tinted brigade to tell me " accidents happen everywhere"

RIP to the 3 dead.

No matter what anybody writing here on TV, the crazy minivan drivers will never slow down or practice safe driving.

I rather drive my own car than put my life in danger in a minivan.

When these maniacs coming up from behind and want to pass you, if you not let them pass they to anything to force you off the road.

Only my personal experience after driving car around in Thailand more than 10 years.

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

I think we should start a photo collection under the title of " PM'sThainess promotion" on TV with the story...especially the recurring ones..Police corruption, transportation monopolies, break failures, traffic homicides, Thais killing people over 51 baht with a samuri sword, etc. No comments or discussions, just pages and pages of photos and videos.

Your gonna need terabytes of room for that, and dont forget to not show Thailand in a bad light or it will be your photo on the front page.

Im waiting for the apologist rose tinted brigade to tell me " accidents happen everywhere"

For heavens sake, don't destroy Thailand's good reputation by writing anything that can hurt the country's good image wai.gif

Posted 2012-03-28 17:36:37

Public transport vans face Bt5,000 fine for speeding beyond 90kms per hour
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- From April 1 onwards, public transport vans that are speeding beyond 90kms/hour on tollways, expressways and motorways would be find at Bt5,000, Land Transport Department chief Somchai Siriwattanachoke said.

In the Wednesday press conference by the department, Transport Co Ltd and the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, Somchai said the RFID technology to detect speeding public transport vans at tollways, expressways and motorways.

The first-time offender would be fined at Bt5,000, the second-time offender would be fined at Bt10,000 along with the public transport licence revocation. Currently there were some 9,000 public transport vans installed with the RFID.

Those spotting speeding or reckless-driving transport vans were encouraged to report to the department's centre for public transport vehicle passengers' protection at 1584 around the clock.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2012-03-28

footer_n.gif

I've been lurking for quite some time reading some articles I get via email from this forum and majority of the news I see are road accident related. I, for one, know how it is kinda scary how these drivers can be. Last time I got back to Bangkok from Hua Hin, the driver of our commuter van was driving a bit on the fast side. I'm on the back most seat and I can feel every bit of swerve. It's the kind of fast driving that instead of being comfortable because you'll be arriving to your destination soon, you'll be scared, clinging on to your life.

RIP to those who lost their lives. Still too young. :(

Edited by aryehgizbar

The police detained Chalermsak, who will be charged with reckless driving causing death and bodily harm.

So thats the deal. If your vehicule is screwed, you are going to get arrested. If you kill somebody and your vehicule still functionnal, just flee the scene.

Again, innocent people died because of a stupid driver who doesn't respect the rules. RIP

"when he attempted to pass a truck on a sharp curve"

He said it all .. NEVER pass a truck or a car in any curves ..it seems its a national sport here anyway ..... well it seems it doesnt bother anyone as nothing ever change.... I feel sorry for the passengers to have such driver.... RIP.

another example of the lousy driving and dangerous roads in Thailand.

Why are the roads dangerous?

i used to buy damaged cars in oz to repair so went to damaged car auctions frequently, the damage on vehicles here are horrific which only testifies to the crazy driving behaviour here, and still they dont learn

Did they learn in Oz!

can find my ball everytimes rides this minicoffin especialy during a visa run....will not sitting beside the driver ever again as it like 3 hour of roller coaster ride experience.. so i will sit in the middle. refer to the picture above if u sit in the middle u probably having a broken leg, a broken hand, 30 stiches on your head and not least 20 broken bones of your mid section but yet you survive..

Are you clairvoyant.Get a public bus or train.I will never get in a mini van,ever.
  • Like 1

The few times, I have been in a situation that I needed to ride a van to Bangkok, I always make sure I ride shotgun,

there has been a few times, I have told the driver to get off the phone NOW!

Also have yelled at them to slow up, back off or let me out!

I've managed to live 75 years, I'm not going to let some 25 year old kid, with a hangover, little driving experience take my life,

by speeding, passing way to many times on the wrong side, talking or texting, also both hands on wheel..

I always tell them up front in a nice way, I check eyes breath and have passed and waited for another van...