BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Horror crash: Three killed, five injured in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district

"when he attempted to pass a truck on a sharp curve"

He said it all .. NEVER pass a truck or a car in any curves ..it seems its a national sport here anyway ..... well it seems it doesnt bother anyone as nothing ever change.... I feel sorry for the passengers to have such driver.... RIP.

another example of the lousy driving and dangerous roads in Thailand.

It's possible he was driving to instructions,, He did say he was "rushing" Cannon Thailand's Sung Noen Branch employees..

What is the speed limit here 120 km/hr on hills

If you have to ask then please don't drive.

• Like 1

Maybe the guy coming from the opposite direction threw coffee at him causing the accident. But for God's sake I hope we don't jump to conclusions all Thai drivers are drunks or drive like this guy. We all know how careful they drive here.

I wonder what the accident rate per licensed driver is here in Thailand compared to the civilized countries. And then compare it to the unlicensed drivers here. I wonder if the proficient police dept keeps those kinds of records. I'm sure they do as Thailand is undoubtedly one of the safest countries in the world to drive in.

• Like 2

Bad smash involving these passenger vans on average every month WEEK, keep well away.

when is something going to be done about these drivers, they drive like there in a race all the time. for a lazzy race of people i don't get it when they get behind the wheel they have to get from A too B asap.

"The van driver, Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing".

He is actually saying that being in a rush caused the accident.

He surely cannot be responsible for being in a rush he will tell the police...

And he cannot be responsible that there was a pick-up truck in the way.

And he is not responsible for all the curves on the roads...

And these trees...

And surely he will add a few "Wai's" to clear it all away...

• Like 1

and of course he was driving at 40km/h ........... or is it 140 ?

Well the driver did say he was "rushing" which says it all, case closed. Another lunatic/imbecile on Thailand's roads.

Just a pity that 'the cretin' wasn't killed himself. No justice at all coffee1.gif

The dangerous highways here are a major factor in my relocating my family out of Thailand. You go anywhere on these frightening highways at your own risk.

and of course he was driving at 40km/h ........... or is it 140 ?

Well the driver did say he was "rushing" which says it all, case closed. Another lunatic/imbecile on Thailand's roads.

Just a pity that 'the cretin' wasn't killed himself. No justice at all coffee1.gif

Dont worry I guarantee he will be back doing EXACTLY the same thing the next day.

• Like 1

when is something going to be done about these drivers, they drive like there in a race all the time. for a lazzy race of people i don't get it when they get behind the wheel they have to get from A too B asap.

Answer to your question: NEVER. No one cares and life is meaningless in this so-called "Buddhist" country

Is this one of those aspects of "Thainess" that Yingluck wants to promote?

Respects to the deceased, get well to the injured, and take his driving license away and lock him up.

I think we should start a photo collection under the title of " PM'sThainess promotion" on TV with the story...especially the recurring ones..Police corruption, transportation monopolies, break failures, traffic homicides, Thais killing people over 51 baht with a samuri sword, etc. No comments or discussions, just pages and pages of photos and videos.

Your gonna need terabytes of room for that, and dont forget to not show Thailand in a bad light or it will be your photo on the front page.

Im waiting for the apologist rose tinted brigade to tell me " accidents happen everywhere"

What is the speed limit here 120 km/hr on hills

Yes but thats only going UP!!!

Edited by kannot

RIP to the 3 dead.

No matter what anybody writing here on TV, the crazy minivan drivers will never slow down or practice safe driving.

I rather drive my own car than put my life in danger in a minivan.

When these maniacs coming up from behind and want to pass you, if you not let them pass they to anything to force you off the road.

Only my personal experience after driving car around in Thailand more than 10 years.

To Hell with the vans. Absolutely sickening.