Horror crash: Three killed, five injured in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sung Noen district

webfact

Canon, Sung Noen district is looking urgent for 8 new workers for their factory in Sung Noen.

The workers can use a van which will drive them to and from work in a very short time.

Interested?

Please apply directly to Canon, Sung Noen district.

Am I the only one to find this attempt at humour distasteful?

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is new?? I have not see ONE driver in Thailand Whom adheres to the road rules and van drivers are the worst by far.I try to adhere the road rules and get beeped and abused, so WHY do they need a Licence in Thailand???????????

Posted 2012-03-28 17:36:37

Public transport vans face Bt5,000 fine for speeding beyond 90kms per hour

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- From April 1 onwards, public transport vans that are speeding beyond 90kms/hour on tollways, expressways and motorways would be find at Bt5,000, Land Transport Department chief Somchai Siriwattanachoke said.

In the Wednesday press conference by the department, Transport Co Ltd and the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, Somchai said the RFID technology to detect speeding public transport vans at tollways, expressways and motorways.

The first-time offender would be fined at Bt5,000, the second-time offender would be fined at Bt10,000 along with the public transport licence revocation. Currently there were some 9,000 public transport vans installed with the RFID.

Those spotting speeding or reckless-driving transport vans were encouraged to report to the department's centre for public transport vehicle passengers' protection at 1584 around the clock.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-28

footer_n.gif

If they can bring such laws into being, then why don't they force all vans to have speed limiters fitted.

And apart from these restrictions, ie Tollways,Expressways and Motorways, they can drive as fast as the bloody thing will go !

It would be good if they could enforce this new law.but I am afraid that there is NOBODY who will and can do that !!

Posted 2012-03-28 17:36:37

Public transport vans face Bt5,000 fine for speeding beyond 90kms per hour

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- From April 1 onwards, public transport vans that are speeding beyond 90kms/hour on tollways, expressways and motorways would be find at Bt5,000, Land Transport Department chief Somchai Siriwattanachoke said.

In the Wednesday press conference by the department, Transport Co Ltd and the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, Somchai said the RFID technology to detect speeding public transport vans at tollways, expressways and motorways.

The first-time offender would be fined at Bt5,000, the second-time offender would be fined at Bt10,000 along with the public transport licence revocation. Currently there were some 9,000 public transport vans installed with the RFID.

Those spotting speeding or reckless-driving transport vans were encouraged to report to the department's centre for public transport vehicle passengers' protection at 1584 around the clock.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-28

footer_n.gif

If they can bring such laws into being, then why don't they force all vans to have speed limiters fitted.
And apart from these restrictions, ie Tollways,Expressways and Motorways, they can drive as fast as the bloody thing will go !
It would be good if they could enforce this new law.but I am afraid that there is NOBODY who will and can do that !!
Give them time,already those caught have been"encouraged to report"!!!!!!!

Chalermsak Mooksidaeng, 33, said that he was rushing to drop the seven passengers

So, what's new? Posted Image

Excuse me----- 7 passengers------3dead-----5injured

3+5=7?

1 driver, also injured, did not flee the scene.

In Australia passing over double yellow lines is a serious penalty. Problem here is the police never stop anyone that is moving ( rare ). Even if you had a police car behind you probably not bother to pull you over. They rarely will chase anyone ( easier to wait for the next guy ). If police try to stop you, look the other way and keep going, works well, even for Falungs.

Like the helmets, all a show. Thousands of kids ride out of schools daily, directed by police, and no helmets !! This is when good driving habits should start, instead they get an exemption, because ????

What should happen also, is that any time the driver of public vehicle is involved in an accident, they are AUTOMATICALLY tested for drugs, particularly Yabah. If positive, gaol, lifetime licence loss. This may lead to more 'fleeing the scenes' but if the penalty for doing that was commensurate then this carnage may lessen somewhat. Moo ja Bin - Pigs will fly.

#19 'They'll have that banged back into shape and on the classifieds sites in no time.'

That is so true. I've seen the reincarnation of accident vehicles and the workmanship is so good, you can be readily fooled. That's why I stay clear of the 2nd-hand market. whistling.gif

Re the double yellow line post. In 25 years driving in Thailand I crossed double yellows just outside Roi Et , overtaking a farm tractor which would not pull onto the hard shoulder. A policeman jumped out of the bushes an said do you know what youve done wrong? Yes I crossed a double yellow line., here's my driving licence. He dropped it on my lap and said his boss was watching so I had to pay 200 baht. My wife was with me and will not accept this unless we are in the wrong which I was. She said I've only got 100 , that was ok ,but it was in an envelope for our local polices party. I think she paid again but generally I have found that if you are legal driving in Thailand they will salute you and let you on your way. Just had another thought, about 2 weeks ago had to get the pick-up MOT'd, taxed and insured. Ran into a big police checkpoint 500 meters from the place and saw them laughing when I was 2 dats late but said that was where I was going now and all smiles. I like Isaan.

Mike

Very sad indeed, an unnecessary loss of 3 young lives with the world in front of them...RIP

I have been driving for 45 years in cars, and 18 wheel trucks on Interstate highways in Australia.

Personally I try to be defensive when driving my Toyota Vigo in the province of Udon Thani, and keep my 3 mirrows adjusted, for upcoming traffic. Also I keep an eye out for these mini vans, the drivers seem to not give a shit about their lives, or other people lives.

I recently returned to Udon from Sakon Nakhon. It was my first experience at long distance night time driving. I drove past 2 very nasty accidents involving cars / small trucks. I would hazard a guess there may of been a least one fatality looking at the state of the vehicles involved. It was only 2 kilometres on from these accidents that the idiots were at it again, that is overtaking on bends, crests, etc. without a care in the world for the theirs or others safety. Outcome of this is I simply refuse to drive at night time.

Cheers Harpo