17 students hurt in Phitsanulok crash

webfact

17 students hurt in Phitsanulok crash

1373532847_1.jpg
Photo: Chinawat Singha

PHITSANULOK: -- Seventeen students were injured when a school bus and a pickup truck collided on Thursday morning in Phitsanulok province, police said.

Pol Capt Kalayani Thapho, a duty officer at Muang Phitsanulok police station, said the pickup truck slammed into the back of the school bus, which was making a U-turn on the Phitsanulok-Sukhothai road.

Three of the 17 injured students were seriously hurt and they were taken to hospital.

Veerapong Chaisungnern, one of the students going to school on the bus, told police that he was talking to his friends when the collision happened. The impact was severe and many students were seen bleeding, the boy said.

Wanchai Sanohwatee, the pickup truck driver, aged 34, was delivering chickens to shops in the area. He was driving fast and could not hit the brakes in time as his vehicle approached the school bus, and could not avoid it, police said.

Mr Wanchai was also injured in the collision.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-07-11

I have often wondered at the logic that operating a motor vehicle on public roads is simply an extension of our inner selves. It would appear that the manner in which Thais behave on the road speaks volumes about their decision making abilities, their self-restraint abilities, their compulsive disorders and the like.

Being surrounded by 3000 lbs of steel really does a lot for setting someone's comfort zone into the relaxed mode and calling out their inner person to dominate. I think there is a lot of truth to that; and moreover if the person lacks a developed sense of self-will along with the ability to exercise it above emotional states.

I believe that a supportive argument to his theory is the statement, "With great power comes great responsibility". Being that I am convinced that Thais lack the DNA to understand responsibility, there is little doubt in my mind that when they engage 3000 lbs of steel in a public setting that society becomes a lot more dangerous to cope in.

Moral to this post; You can't fix stupid!

• Like 1

Wanchai Sanohwatee, the pickup truck driver, aged 34, was delivering chickens to shops in the area. He was driving fast and could not hit the brakes in time as his vehicle approached the school bus, and could not avoid it, police said.

I'm thinking the chicks were not impressed. :(