Work permit

I have a home in Thailand however I live in Australia. I work out of Australia doing some projects in Thailand and Malaysia. I need to be able to have a registered company in Thailand and a work permit there to attract solidarity of clients.

What is the best and most cost effective way to achieve this.

I did a bit of looking around, and found the information below.  I've been retired for many years, so perhaps some of the others on this forum can provide more information on costs.  The last time I had to get a work permit, it cost me B8,000 using the services of a small accounting firm called OS Accounting, operated by a lady, Khun Srisurang Na Thalang, whose late Uncle was the first CPA in Thailand.  

The last I knew, her office was : OS ACCOUNTING OFFICE PRATHONG BUILDING B10 RACHADA COMPLEX  474

RACHADAPISAEK  ROAD  BKK 10310 T: 02512-4891  (HOME  - only call during the following hours: 0900-1100  AND 1900-2300) Her mobile phone as of about 4 years ago was:

EXTENSION OF VISA AND ISSUANCE OF WORK PERMITS IN THAILAND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE STOP SERVICE CENTER FOR VISAS AND WORK PERMITS FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS, EXPERTS AND CORRESPONDENTS

One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits for Foreign Investors, Experts and Correspondents is located at Krisda Plaza, 3-5th Floors, 207 Rachadapisek Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10310, Tel. (662) 693-9333-9, Fax. (662) 693-9340.

The Center is aimed to facilitate foreign investors to handle all aspects of visa extension and issuance of work permits, including work permit extensions, issuance of re-entry permits, and changes in type of visa to non-immigrant for all nationals.

Investors or experts granted privileges under the Investment Promotion Act of 1977, Petroleum Act of 1971, or Industrial Estate Authority Act of 1979, who are allowed to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand on a temporary basis to undertake investment or business activities, can also have access to the services provided by this One-Stop Service Center.

ONE-YEAR VISA EXTENSIONS AND WORK PERMITS

(REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL INVESTORS)

Applicant must hold non-immigrant visa

No less than 2  million baht be brought into Thailand, and documented by;

Juristic person registration certificate

Juristic person registration document

List of shareholders

Evidence showing the transfer of funds

Additional documentation required:

Map of location of juristic person

Organization chart for juristic person

Letter from employer, certifying employment and reasons for not hiring Thai nationals

Applicant’s education records or letters of recommendation from prior employers, identifying job description and length of service

Medical certificate declaring applicant free of diseases

Three (3) full-faced photos taken within past 6 months

Note : Applicants shall not be engaged in occupations prohibited to aliens, as  specified in  Royal Decree of 1979.

TWO-YEAR VISA EXTENSIONS AND WORK PERMITS  (REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL INVESTORS)

Applicant must hold a non-immigrant visa

At least 10 million baht must be brought into the Kingdom, and documentation provided:

Juristic person registration document

List of shareholders

Additional documentation required:

Map of location of juristic person

Organization chart for juristic person

Letter from employer, certifying employment and reasons for not hiring Thai nationals

Applicant’s education records or letters of recommendation from prior employers, identifying job description and length of service

Note : In principal, visa extension is valid for two year; however; renewal of work permits must be done on a yearly basis.

ONE-YEAR VISA EXTENSIONS AND WORK PERMITS

(REQUIREMENTS FOR EXECUTIVES AND EXPERTS)

Applicant must hold non-immigrant visa

Applicant must work for companies with fully paid-up capital or working capital of no less than 30 million baht.  The following documents are required:

Company balance sheets

Company income statements

Por Ngor Dor 50 (Corporate Tax Returns)

Additional documents required:

Note : Applicants shall not be engaged in occupations prohibited to aliens, as  specified in  Royal Decree of 1979.

VISA EXTENSIONS IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS

Investors or experts shall provide the following :

Documents of the juristic person, indicating:

Type of business

Rationale for hiring the applicant - his salary,  position, and qualifications

Number of Thai and alien employees in the company

List of alien employees, indicating nationality and position

Balance sheet, income statement, and Por Ngor Dor 50 (Corporate Tax Returns) of the latest year

Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and income tax returns of both alien and Thai personnel (Por Ngor Dor 1) of the latest month

Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only)

Juristic person registration document (company, limited partnership, and commercial licenses)

List of shareholders

Value Added Tax registration/specific business registration and business license

Map indicate location of the juristic person

(For further information, please contact One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits, Krisda Plaza, 3-5 th floors, 207 Ratchadapisek Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok. 10310,  Thailand, Tel. (662) 693-9333-9 Fax. (662) 693-9340)

Work Permits

There's more information on this web page.

EThailand on work permits

Here's a bunch of accounting firms

Accounting firms

My name is Wisarut Thongprasert. I was the BOI’s officer worked at One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits. My last position is the Assistant to the unit’s head. I can recommend the inexpensive service to get the Visa & Work permit in both BOI promoted company and in general company. Due to the board’s rule don’t allow commercial posting. Please contact for more detail at tel. 01-323-5653, 02-930-0959 or [email protected].