Yellow Housebook in Surin/Sisaket/Burirum

fishbone

Sorry and maybe is the xxxtime about the yellow housebook but there some confusing informations I found now I wouldt like to know how it works in this 3 provinces.

Must I been married ?

What paperwork is required ?

Is there any written Rules or law , or can each province or amphoe make their on rules ?

How much will it cost ?

Thank you in advance for some answers

You do not need to be married.

It was free both times I obtained a yellow house book in Buriram Province.

In my experience in Buriram Province in two different locations, the office staff was looking at a "guide book" and when they filled out the computer screen to print the actual book on a "bank savings account passbook type of printer" they were following a set of "fill in the blanks". They were particular about the number of photos and size of the photos. I knew my blood type. If you bring all the paperwork, copies and originals mentioned on thai visa you will be safe. It is the 2 people to "verify" your location you list on the application, with the Thai people having the ORIGINAL and COPIES of THEIR Thai ID cards and their Thai blue Books, seemed important the first time I got a yellow house book.

If you "move" and want a 2nd yellow house book, it is a breeze. They will tell you at the "new place" what you need from the original office that issued your first yellow book. I did NOT need a "proof of residence" from my consulate or Embassy, or Thailand Immigration in either Yellow house book application. It was a case of the local office taking the word of the Thai people who came in with me that I lived at the address I claimed.

But T.I.T. and different offices might enforce that or any rule a tad different. I have saved real money and real time having the yellow house book since I no longer need to pay Thailand Immigration or my Embassy for any "statement of residence" documents for auto | motorbike registration, permit to build a house, etc.. Utilities seem to like that document when setting up utility service in my name. Then again, they could just be doing the Thai Smile and not really caring what document I submitted. You may have to wait for the "big boss" to come back from lunch, come back from a meeting, to actually sign your new Yellow House Book. The front counter staff do all the work, but it goes upstairs for a big boss to sign the actual book was my experience.

• Like 1

I got a yellow Tabien Ban a few months ago from my local Amphur (in Buriram)

Needed Residency Letter from Immigration (which included Immigration stamped copies of relevant Passport pages, cost B500) copies of my Landlady's ID Card and Blue Tabien Ban.

And that was it.

The most difficult and time consuming part was getting my full English name written using Thai script and explaining that it is very common to have a first and a middle name.

• Like 1