IPTV, what are the options and how does it work

lemoncake

Just the other day came across the offer from TOT of IPTV

I am not too savvy about this things, but from what i understand, its a box which streams channels via internet.

I have tried to Google IPTV Thailand but the results are somewhat disappointing- some websites have been suspended and others do not give much info.

So.... does anyone have an idea or is using one to explain little better.?

I believe TOT is offering it for 599 per month, but must have their internet, is there another choice where i only buy the box and keep on using my internet?

The choice of channels through TOT is pretty big, but all are pretty useless as it seems.

Is there a company or an option to chose channels? i am interested in music, movies and shows,

Any links or advice much appreciated

PS. do note its not a dreambox and does not require a satellite..

PPS. for those who want to know as much as i do now, just visit TOT shop, they have a display there(crystal clear image, excellent sound)

Just an aside to TwentyBaht's post...

Yesterday, VLC released VLC for iOS (iPhone and iPad). Available from the App store.

Thanks... I just downloaded this AP and will have try it when I get home...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Well, once I got home I downloaded the VCL streamer helper software onto my computer and got to say... this is a nice AP.

Ended up paying for the full version that allows you to download movies to your Iphone/Ipad via Wi-fi link.

Thanks for the heads up phetphet..

> So.... does anyone have an idea or is using one to explain little better.?

> I believe TOT is offering it for 599 per month,

We have one in our home. Details of packages are on http://www.totiptv.com/ and you can note their is virtually no English language stuff on the free package. (Ours does seem to offer Star TV HD as a freebie FWIW, maybe it'll be turned off later?)

I have no complaints about the free service, as we need the internet access anyway which is reliable sitting on 10mpbs mostly. The Thais can watch as much Thai IPTV as they like and I can use my computer on the net elsewhere as alluded to in the very fine posts above.

> So.... does anyone have an idea or is using one to explain little better.?

> I believe TOT is offering it for 599 per month,

We have one in our home. Details of packages are on http://www.totiptv.com/ and you can note their is virtually no English language stuff on the free package. (Ours does seem to offer Star TV HD as a freebie FWIW, maybe it'll be turned off later?)

I have no complaints about the free service, as we need the internet access anyway which is reliable sitting on 10mpbs mostly. The Thais can watch as much Thai IPTV as they like and I can use my computer on the net elsewhere as alluded to in the very fine posts above.

Thanks for all the replies, it all sounds so complex biggrin.png

Will have to follow twentybaht's instructions to see where i will end up

If your looking for any type of live sports, I use have have been for some years here

http://www.vipboxsports.me/

Like I normally watch F1 in HD on Sky Sport, ......... eg can only really say about F1 on Race day there is around 20 live feed from around the world on this site..[if the picture is not so good then just open another] also watch Practice sessions + other motor racing without any issues + good picture.... I do have a good Graphics card with HDMi on PC so watch on my big plasma TV via HDMi cable

Edit: Forgot if I watch from a UK site then mostly need to switch to a Europe VPN.......... the live feed from Australia have found was fine on TRUE Thailand VPN

Edited by ignis

We have had IPTV working in our house in Hua Hin for over a year started with 18 channells of UK TV now have about 40 using True ADSL for the feed works fine.

If you want to know if your connection is up to it for UK TV Google BBC Diagnostics as that test is testing between where you are and UK where it comes from after test scroll down and it will tell you what your connection is good for i.e. radio, std TV, HD TV etc.

It is being launched here in September and I am told they will be sponsoring on Thaivisa. PM me for more details