Wolverine aka Hugh Jackmans Training Regime

Tolley

I understand about the dehydrating yourself before a body building contest / posing on camera, but I don't understand what drinking 4 gallons of water a day does. What is the point of drinking so much water in one day? I would say that I am an active person. Much more cardio than weight lifting. I hardly drink any fluids daily. A couple glasses of water, a can of pop with lunch, some milk with my protein shake, but that's about it.

That's an incredibly low fluid consumption for an active (foreign) person living in Thailand. I usually drink 1.5 L to 2.0 L per hour at the gym depending how hot it is. Indigenous people don't drink nearly as much for many reasons.

I understand about the dehydrating yourself before a body building contest / posing on camera, but I don't understand what drinking 4 gallons of water a day does. What is the point of drinking so much water in one day? I would say that I am an active person. Much more cardio than weight lifting. I hardly drink any fluids daily. A couple glasses of water, a can of pop with lunch, some milk with my protein shake, but that's about it.

That's an incredibly low fluid consumption for an active (foreign) person living in Thailand. I usually drink 1.5 L to 2.0 L per hour at the gym depending how hot it is. Indigenous people don't drink nearly as much for many reasons.

Like you i can consume 2 liters during a workout nothing strange about that.

But 4 gallons... that is a lot of water that is 14 liters

Edited by robblok

Like you i can consume 2 liters during a workout nothing strange about that.

But 4 gallons... that is a lot of water that is 14 liters

It's even more. 4 US gallons = 15.14 L, 4 UK gallons = 18.19 L

I never force water down. I just drink it when I feel like it. If I drank that much everyday I would have to stay near the toilet 24/7.

With a bladder capacity of about 600 ml and the urge to urinate coming on at about 200 ml, you'd be living there.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/DanielShaw.shtml

"The majority of sources that I found reported that the adult bladder could contain about 600 to 800 cm3 (ml).However, they also noted that the micturition point is between 150 and 300 cm3 (ml)"

I don't live in Thailand. My gym is air-conditioned. I take a few sips of water every 5-10 minutes (depending on how long our rounds are).

But anyways, what is the point of drinking 4 gallons of water per day? What is that supposed to be doing?

I don't live in Thailand. My gym is air-conditioned. I take a few sips of water every 5-10 minutes (depending on how long our rounds are).

But anyways, what is the point of drinking 4 gallons of water per day? What is that supposed to be doing?

I don't think there's any point in drinking 4 gallons per day, but I think you could benefit from an increase in consumption. You've taken it to the reverse extreme.