You know the times in Isan they are changing when ...

chris26be

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really know times are a-changing in Isaan when the staff at an open air restaurant or 7-11 might actually take seriously the 'No Dogs Allowed' sign in Thai, English, or just slash-graphic sign that is posted at the entrance.

• Like 1

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners, a Lamborghini for you and a Harley.....

And all she wants is somebody who can sexually satisfy her, like I do.-.-w00t.gif

I'm sensing you were trying to be funny here but you missed out the punchline.

Ill give you a C- for effort as it was quite wordy. Next time try coming up with the funny part first and work backwards.

I thought the funny part actually was the first part of the post

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners,

• Like 1

In fact the two restaurants we visit most often have dogs and they are part of the reason we frequent them.

As for "You know the times in Issan they are changing when..."

...somebody who has recently died, a full moon and a there is a strange occurrence and it is all put down to just a co-incidence. Nothing to do with ghosts or spirits at all. coffee1.gif

All I can say is that the whole correspondence, apart from dogs not being allowed into restaurants, ( which is the case in most restaurants in Europe and the US) is absolutely disgraceful. It is not funny, but it makes me sick, Who do you think you are to speak in such a derogatory manner about Thai women?!! Anybody who thinks and speaks in such a manner about Thais (women and/or men) should pack his/her bags and go away. I wonder how Germans, Frenchmen, Americans or Brits would feel and react, if foreigners would dare speak or write about their countrywomen/men in such a way!

When you will arrive in Thailand for longer than your annual 2 week holiday ?

When will you travel outside Thailand and rid yourself of this jaded view? Or do you have the same view of women from all over the world as you appear to have of Thai women generally? Sad,

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

All I can say is that the whole correspondence, apart from dogs not being allowed into restaurants, ( which is the case in most restaurants in Europe and the US) is absolutely disgraceful. It is not funny, but it makes me sick, Who do you think you are to speak in such a derogatory manner about Thai women?!! Anybody who thinks and speaks in such a manner about Thais (women and/or men) should pack his/her bags and go away. I wonder how Germans, Frenchmen, Americans or Brits would feel and react, if foreigners would dare speak or write about their countrywomen/men in such a way!

When you will arrive in Thailand for longer than your annual 2 week holiday ?

When will you travel outside Thailand and rid yourself of this jaded view? Or do you have the same view of women from all over the world as you appear to have of Thai women generally? Sad,

Not any time soon, but I agree that the reality can get worn out.

• Like 1

That's it, you tell him.

wanker.gif

• Like 2

Restaurants in Isaan with no dogs allowed. Most restaurants we frequent have always some dogs either be it from the owners or underfed dogs.

Never really think about that the times are changing in Isaan. May be its us that are changing.

If your dog is very well trained then fair enough, but due to all the horrendous dog owners out there, it would be better to keep all dogs out of restaurants. I would personally not like to walk into a restaurant and be bitten by a dog, or get dog hair all up in my pad thai.

• Like 1

This is the way I speak about every woman in the world, so ?

• Like 1

If your dog is very well trained then fair enough, but due to all the horrendous dog owners out there, it would be better to keep all dogs out of restaurants. I would personally not like to walk into a restaurant and be bitten by a dog, or get dog hair all up in my pad thai.

A lot of arty farty coffee shops/restaurants the world over allow dogs...why pick on Isaan?

A lot of arty farty coffee shops/restaurants the world over allow dogs...why pick on Isaan?

In Isaan some will even cook them to your wishes...what's the problem??

• Like 2

This is the way I speak about every woman in the world, so ?

So you are single??

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners, a Lamborghini for you and a Harley.....

And all she wants is somebody who can sexually satisfy her, like I do.-.-w00t.gif

I'm sensing you were trying to be funny here but you missed out the punchline.

Ill give you a C- for effort as it was quite wordy. Next time try coming up with the funny part first and work backwards.

I thought the funny part actually was the first part of the post

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners,

Agreed

/the rest was wishful thinking. I think he has a grip on himself.biggrin.png

• Like 1