You know the times in Isan they are changing when ...

chris26be

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your dog is very well trained then fair enough, but due to all the horrendous dog owners out there, it would be better to keep all dogs out of restaurants. I would personally not like to walk into a restaurant and be bitten by a dog, or get dog hair all up in my pad thai.

Im sure the dogs would just as likely want to take a bite anywhere outside a restaurant.

In my experience, its the scraggy moggies in restaurants that cause more of a disturbance. Unlike dogs they jump onto tables and customers laps . Maybe they copy the coyote dancers! LOL!

Edited by DILLIGAD

never knew you could take a dog into a restaurant. I know you can take a monkey into a few places but not sure about restaurants

There are a few restaurants around that, I'm sure, would happily let you take a dog in with you...................as long as you paid the "corkage"!

Isaan changed for me when I no longerhad to ask for a toilet, was given a small spade and pointed to the bushes where I was followed by a bunch of small kids singing farang,farang. These days we are more advanced than the UK . Beers cheaper.

Mike

And all she wants is somebody who can sexually satisfy her, like I do.-.-w00t.gif

Hey sirchai,

thats not what she told me! giggle.gif Just joking..... like the post anyways and some people just need to lighten up.

• Like 1

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners, a Lamborghini for you and a Harley.....

And all she wants is somebody who can sexually satisfy her, like I do.-.-w00t.gif

I'm sensing you were trying to be funny here but you missed out the punchline.

Ill give you a C- for effort as it was quite wordy. Next time try coming up with the funny part first and work backwards.

I thought the funny part actually was the first part of the post

........you visit the woman you fell in love with in her village, just to find out that she's got three luxury houses built by other foreigners,

Agreed

/the rest was wishful thinking. I think he has a grip on himself.biggrin.png

Okay, I wasn't honest. There're only two luxury houses, the other on e is a Isaan style house. -w00t.gif

• Like 1

You know times are a changing in Issaan when .......

...... the old falang expats no longer have the energy to post thinly-veiled bitchy posts against their long-standing local enemies.

Ouch!

All I can say is that the whole correspondence, apart from dogs not being allowed into restaurants, ( which is the case in most restaurants in Europe and the US) is absolutely disgraceful. It is not funny, but it makes me sick, Who do you think you are to speak in such a derogatory manner about Thai women?!! Anybody who thinks and speaks in such a manner about Thais (women and/or men) should pack his/her bags and go away. I wonder how Germans, Frenchmen, Americans or Brits would feel and react, if foreigners would dare speak or write about their countrywomen/men in such a way!

ooooooooooooooooooow.......get a grip .....coffee1.gif

\ and a life!-w00t.gif

• Like 1

..........you know when times are changing, when the population is getting overweight. As it has happened in my neck of the woods.

This is "boom-town" here and has been for the last few years. There are no more poor Thai-people around here. The diet must have changed, because a good part of the folks are definitely overweight.

Us few Farangs living here even made a survey, by sitting in the Coffee-shop daily for hours during the last week and doing a "body-count". (Yes, us Farangs here are not very busy and we actually have time for stuff like this.) biggrin.png

The result: 46 % overweight, by any standard.

22 % borderline

32 % normally proportioned (Slim and trim).

Those percentages resemble european observations. So, if one day one get's similar readings in the Isaan, then one knows that "times are changing" and prosperity and increasing affluence have arrived even in the Isaan.

Cheers.

..........you know when times are changing, when the population is getting overweight. As it has happened in my neck of the woods.

This is "boom-town" here and has been for the last few years. There are no more poor Thai-people around here. The diet must have changed, because a good part of the folks are definitely overweight.

Us few Farangs living here even made a survey, by sitting in the Coffee-shop daily for hours during the last week and doing a "body-count". (Yes, us Farangs here are not very busy and we actually have time for stuff like this.) biggrin.png

The result: 46 % overweight, by any standard.

22 % borderline

32 % normally proportioned (Slim and trim).

Those percentages resemble european observations. So, if one day one get's similar readings in the Isaan, then one knows that "times are changing" and prosperity and increasing affluence have arrived even in the Isaan.

Cheers.

and how did you rate yourself and your fellow farangs (% wise)?

• Like 1

............ (redacted by Santisuk)

+1. Big looming problem for the nations health. They now have the money as well as the huge appetite that previously saw them snack all day on heathy stuff like som tam (except for the parasite potential of pallaar). Big looming problem as they turn onto lots of fried meats and junk food.

I don't know anyone in Thailand except falang mates who takes any exercise of any kind (ok - maybe the schoolkids a bit). My 14 year old gets on her motorbike to visit a shop 50 metres away.

I'm a slim(ish)/fit 62yo and I run and swim Dilligad (but I do love my beer), so don't call me out!

I'm a slim(ish)/fit 62yo and I run and swim Dilligad (but I do love my beer), so don't call me out!

I wouldn't be so rude to a stranger, only friends like your Viking mate thumbsup.gif . I should have come join your Saturday run instead of going to Ubon today, but needs be. I swim too BTW!

Edited by DILLIGAD

............ (redacted by Santisuk)

+1. Big looming problem for the nations health. They now have the money as well as the huge appetite that previously saw them snack all day on heathy stuff like som tam (except for the parasite potential of pallaar). Big looming problem as they turn onto lots of fried meats and junk food.

I don't know anyone in Thailand except falang mates who takes any exercise of any kind (ok - maybe the schoolkids a bit). My 14 year old gets on her motorbike to visit a shop 50 metres away.

"I don't know anyone in Thailand except falang mates who takes any exercise of any kind (ok - maybe the schoolkids a bit). My 14 year old gets on her motorbike to visit a shop 50 metres away."

Sorry squire but you are completely wrong with that remark,

In Ubon, when I used to live near Nong Bua Park, it was crowded every evening with people walking, running, playing sports or joining in one of the two aerobics classes, and the crowd was 99% Thai.

Now, when I go to my local park at 6am (when I feel like it mind!), in the hour or so I am there I see around 15-20 people, all Thai except for an occasional paleface like me; and in the evenings when the wife goes to aerobics the park is crowded. If they aren't Thai there must be one hell of a lot of people from Laos using our park!

If you are in Ubon, take a look at our main park in the evening; many, many Thais taking some form of exercise, and there are God knows how many aerobics classes dotted all around the town.

Phew, all this talk of exercise has made me feel tired; must sit down and have a beer!

I have a home in Khon Kaen but my wife has a job in Bangkok so we get back to Isaan about every 2-3 months for a break. Did a double take a little while back as driving to my house near Sri Patcharin army camp there was a new Triumph motorcycle dealer. Now we aren't talking about city centre here. Nearly in the boonies.