Trains, passengers and trainstations

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-70928-0-70358200-1374997367_thumb.j

At first I thought they where cleaning up the tracks. Later I discovered they are actually waiting and playing with the water to try to overcome the boredom. Waiting to manually fill up the trains' water reserves. Like old buses in Thailand i think the engine needs extra water to cool down due to the leaking if the old engine. However I have seen them watering carriages mainly so I guess this water will be used for train toilets and sinks as well.

Thanks for the input Bookman.thumbsup.gif

Don Muang Station, and the Hopewell Pillars of Shame

post-60794-0-35127600-1375013150_thumb.j

Hualamphong Station

post-60794-0-17603000-1375013184_thumb.j

2nd Class coach to Hua Hin (I think 2nd class; better than the 40 bht 3rd-class only on the way back)

post-60794-0-05504800-1375013197_thumb.j

Hua Hin platform

post-60794-0-71132600-1375013215_thumb.j

I found the trains in Thailand a pretty good option, with the exception of the 3rd-class only 40 baht special on a public holiday weekend. I'd have been home hours earlier, but for a little confusion on my part between Thonburi and Chonburi. If they'd said Bangkok Noi, I'd have known what they meant...

SC

I found the trains in Thailand a pretty good option, with the exception of the 3rd-class only 40 baht special on a public holiday weekend. I'd have been home hours earlier, but for a little confusion on my part between Thonburi and Chonburi. If they'd said Bangkok Noi, I'd have known what they meant...

SC

Thanks, streetcowboy, great pics. Hua Hin station appears very small. Did you end up in Thonburi when you shoul have been in chonburi?

SC

Thanks, streetcowboy, great pics. Hua Hin station appears very small. Did you end up in Thonburi when you shoul have been in chonburi?

I think that's just the station temple. the main building is behind me, but it's not so photogenic.

I couldn't get a seat back to Bangkok, and let a couple of trains to Thonburi go, thinking it was Chonburi. In the end, after waiting about four or five hours, got on the late-running 40 baht 3rd class only train, which was further delayed at every passing loop to let the trains out of Bangkok pass; and finally bailed out at Bang Sui to get the MRT back to Sukhumvit, and subsequently a taxi home.

SC

Hua Hin bound train at Hua Lamphong station

I love those decayed engine trains still in use. Beautiful.

I'd like to get a decent photo of the re-engineered BR Class 158s. I don't know where they run though. Perhaps someone here can help out.

SC

I'd like to get a decent photo of the re-engineered BR Class 158s. I don't know where they run though. Perhaps someone here can help out.

SC

Would be interesting to see if it ran i SE-Asia, or Thailand, even.

SC

Would be interesting to see if it ran i SE-Asia, or Thailand, even.

I have a former colleague who worked on their commissioning at Makkasan. I have one poor photo, from another web site, but it does not show the vehicle in its full glory. For me, the 158s were a breath of fresh air when they arrived on the Transpennine route. I suspect they may have been more new than improved, and they have since been supplanted on the Glasgow Queen Street - Edinburgh route

SC

I have a former colleague who worked on their commissioning at Makkasan. I have one poor photo, from another web site, but it does not show the vehicle in its full glory. For me, the 158s were a breath of fresh air when they arrived on the Transpennine route. I suspect they may have been more new than improved, and they have since been supplanted on the Glasgow Queen Street - Edinburgh route

SC

So, then, an original self made photo would be too much to ask here, perhaps... whistling.gif

SC

So, then, an original self made photo would be too much to ask here, perhaps... whistling.gif

I can maybe trawl back and find one on the Queen Street Waverley run, but we need to remember that the Thai vehicles had metre - gauge bogies and enhanced air conditioning....

I know I've never seen them in Thailand - I don't even know which line they run

There is a member in our forum with a big mouse-tash

Who went from Hua Lamphong Station to Chiang Mai with a rash http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/49591654/large

large.jpg

The trip took 1,006 hours without a hitch

Not been derailed nor going into a ditch

So he gave the drive a tip in cash

large.jpg

Bogie Chiang Mai Station http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/24214976/large

Oh!!! Kan Win is a poet and we did not know it thumbsup.gif

OK we have no railway on Samui, so hard to do!!! tongue.png .... but the last couple of days I have been taking photos of photos ... glad I printed before losing images!

So here's my contribution (technically the photo taken in Thailand.... wink.png even though the original was not whistling.gif )

SAM_0348.JPG

OK we have no railway on Samui, so hard to do!!! tongue.png .... but the last couple of days I have been taking photos of photos ... glad I printed before losing images!

So here's my contribution (technically the photo taken in Thailand.... wink.png even though the original was not whistling.gif )

It's okay, thanks for having a go.thumbsup.gif Who are they, jimmy?

Archived