Paint

derekwyoung

Last year I painted the outside of my house, The paint is now faiding and flaking .The container states for outside use but is obviosly not good enough for the job, anybody recomend a make that has a guarented life .your recomendations wil be much apreaciated

I notice that Thai folk water it down a lot. Perhaps this weakens the pigment so much that it is easy work for the sun. Painted mine white, the neighbours is pink, after a few years sun the neighbours is now white too. sad.png

Dulux Weathershield for outside Dulux Ultra Care for inside. Yes I know it's more expensive but literally lasts for YEARS. Cheap paint 'false economy'.

Dulux Dulux Dulux.

Used Dulux to paint our house and it's brilliant. Hasn't flaked our faded in nearly 5 years.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The high-end of just about any brand will be excellent paint. The most important part in painting is the preparation: old paint brushed/sanded where peeled, cracks filled, clean surface, clean surface, clean surface.

If the original paint is easily removed, then you probably need to lay a coat of primer first (high quality).

I thin the primer no more than 10% but never the color.

Cheers

• Like 1

We're on the 4th year of TOA Supershield, looks like the day we painted. Previously used Captain and had good results with that as well.

The kiss of death for most paint jobs here is the amount of water used to thin the paint. It goes on easier and you'll hardly know the difference....at first. But after a year or two or three, you'll need to paint again.

• Like 2

I use ICI Dulux Weathershield Ultra Semigloss....ICI paints retain their color really well even when being hit with the direct rays of the sun day after day. I've painted my yard perimeter wall approx. 4 years ago with mentioned paint (three different colors of white, yellow and orange) and the colors still look great. My neighbor used some Berger paint less than two years and used a yellow color very close to mine...within months you could see the significant fading beginning and today the yellow is dull compared to it's original bright color...and my ICI yellow is still bright.

IMPORTANT: But even with the best/most expensive paint it will bubble-up/peel/flake during wet weather unless the surface is properly prepared/primed/sealed before painting. And even though you may have first noticed the bubbling/peeling/flaking during dry weather, it was probably during wet weather that the damage "began." Some concrete surfaces just seem tough for paint to stick to unless properly primed/sealed...or some painters or manufacturers may refer to them as adhesives. Even though concrete is generally a rough, porous surface water intrusion can make paint bubble/peal...it just causes the paint the lose it adhesion to the concrete...be sure to use a good primer/sealer/adhesive before applying the paint...the high ambient temp & humidity in Thailand is tough on paints.

• Like 2