The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

"Bale is better than the Argentine but not by much".cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

not a particularly unfair comment is it? di maria's very good.

I'm beginning to hope the deal goes through where Spurs pick up Di Maria. One moment Spurs fans will be loving him, and the next they will want to reach through their TV screen and choke the life out of him.biggrin.png

Have any clubs been after Di Maria this transfer window, to your knowledge JD?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bale is better than the Argentine but not by much".cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

not a particularly unfair comment is it? di maria's very good.

I'm beginning to hope the deal goes through where Spurs pick up Di Maria. One moment Spurs fans will be loving him, and the next they will want to reach through their TV screen and choke the life out of him.biggrin.png

Have any clubs been after Di Maria this transfer window, to your knowledge JD?

Beyond the usual rumors and speculation, none that I know of. I don't remember a serious offer being tabled.

Bear in mind that he is signed through 2016 or so, and whoever would pick him up will be on the hook for that amount. Though he is a fine player, I think RM is trying to find a way to get out from under their $ obligation to him. And, don't think that Levy doesn't know that !thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your feedback JD

If Spurs buy Soldado they will have acquired 3 players for what.....50 mil +. IF they do the much rumoured player cash deal for Bale they will have 5 new players. Where do Spurs fans think all the millions in cash will go, into more players or into the bank to reimburse the money already spent on the first 3 players? Great business for DL, but the actual deal for loyal fans will be, minus one of the best players in the world in exchange for 2 RM players who they obviously don't need/want and might fit in at Spurs. Maybe Levy doesn't want them either and would prefer all the cash into his account and that's what he is holding out for? Either way it's definitely time for Bale to go, he's too big a star now for a club that can't possibly play in the CL until 2015 and that's not guaranteed either. He will be a Champions League player playing for a Europa League team against lawd know who? If he stays, all he will be able to do is watch the big clubs play CL football on TV, just like the rest of us. I can't imagine him feeling very good with that knowing what was on offer. Peanuts and coke in front of the TV watching La Liga isn't quite the same as actually playing in front of an adoring crowd at the Bernabau

Edited by uptheos

Thanks for your feedback JD

If Spurs buy Soldado they will have acquired 3 players for what.....50 mil +. IF they do the much rumoured player cash deal for Bale they will have 5 new players. Where do Spurs fans think all the millions in cash will go, into more players or into the bank to reimburse the money already spent on the first 3 players? Great business for DL, but the actual deal for loyal fans will be, minus one of the best players in the world in exchange for 2 RM players who they obviously don't need/want and might fit in at Spurs. Maybe Levy doesn't want them either and would prefer all the cash into his account and that's what he is holding out for? Either way it's definitely time for Bale to go, he's too big a star now for a club that can't possibly play in the CL until 2015 and that's not guaranteed either. He will be a Champions League player playing for a Europa League team against lawd know who? If he stays, all he will be able to do is watch the big clubs play CL football on TV, just like the rest of us. I can't imagine him feeling very good with that knowing what was on offer. Peanuts and coke in front of the TV watching La Liga isn't quite the same as actually playing in front of an adoring crowd at the Bernabau

I don't think Levy is interested in the players RM is offering, and I don't blame him. Perez is trying to play him for a fool with those players, and I would be very surprised if Levy falls for that. He'll want the cold, hard cash and more power to him to get it.

Honestly, I think Perez is a swaggering dolt. Levy could eat him for lunch.

If you have the patience, flog him to Madrid with a buy back clause. Then, when he proves last season was flash in the pan, you can buy him back at a massive discount.

thumbsup.gif

who knows with wingers!!!, theya re a breed unto themselves,one season the dogs, then the next nothing, look at nani, thing is though bale is developing more into a 'striker', that works the line, as a winger,cutting in ect ect imo, he's ready for Madrid, but in the role 'he's growing into with us, he aint, but we will see.

• Like 1

biggrin.png

If Bale is worth 100 million then Suarez is worth 95M, well say 80M with 15M discount for baggage allowance.

Well you'd know all about paying over the top for players wouldn't you biggrin.png

I just think it is completely mental, but fair do's if you can get it alfie, if that money is going back into the team I really hope you don't sell him.

Yes indeed we wrote the book on paying over the top for players, a masterclass, masterpiece.....and managed to write it in only 6 months biggrin.png

Edited by BangrakBob

If you have the patience, flog him to Madrid with a buy back clause. Then, when he proves last season was flash in the pan, you can buy him back at a massive discount.

thumbsup.gif

You mean the same as with Fabregas? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Except he was never a flash in the pan, and I think he'll cement his place in the Barca side this year. That's why I don't think the Moaners will be able to shift him.

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

You mean the same as with Fabregas? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Except he was never a flash in the pan, and I think he'll cement his place in the Barca side this year. That's why I don't think the Moaners will be able to shift him.

If they do it will be quite a catch, he's a great player IMO.

Oops sorry, this is the Gareth Bale thread.

biggrin.png

If Bale is worth 100 million then Suarez is worth 95M, well say 80M with 15M discount for baggage allowance.

Well you'd know all about paying over the top for players wouldn't you biggrin.png

I just think it is completely mental, but fair do's if you can get it alfie, if that money is going back into the team I really hope you don't sell him.

Yes indeed we wrote the book on paying over the top for players, a masterclass, masterpiece.....and managed to write it in only 6 months biggrin.png

Thats the thing we don't need the money to go back into the team !

Edited by alfieconn

biggrin.png

So you'd be happy enough if Bale went and none of the money was spent on the team this window or just happy to not sell as the team is good enough now?

So you'd be happy enough if Bale went and none of the money was spent on the team this window or just happy to not sell as the team is good enough now?

No, you don't understand ! we don't need the Bale money as we already have money to spend biggrin.png

If Perez is to take on the unenviable task of trying to do a deal with Levy he might think about paying us what they still owe us for Modric first.

If we agree to sell Levy will crucify them but i just hope its done sooner than later to allow us to start the new campaign as settled as is possible.

Unlike others i do rate Angel Di Maria and i also rate Fabio Coentrao. Doubt many teams in the league would knock them back either

If your going to bore us with links jd then why not put the other 200 stories out there as links laugh.png

Spicing things up with some Zidane comments Alfie. What are the chances that Perez knows absolutely squat about football and this maniacal Bale quest has been instigated by Zidane ? And Zidane, being a Galactico, certainly can't be wrong in starstruck Perez's eyes !thumbsup.gif

Has he Baled out yet ?

Ha ha ha.

Ah, the two bob hammers! Great to have you aboard stoneyPosted Image

We might get 3 points if he does one at least.

It was obvious you wouldn't keep him,you sell all your best players,your just a feeder club in disguise.

• Like 1

Classic Spanish unsettling manoeuvre.

IKER CASILLAS reckons Gareth Bale is one of the best players in Europe.

The Real Madrid keeper says he hopes to see at least one new face at the Bernabeu this summer.

Tottenham star Bale is a target for the Spanish giants, who are lining up a world-record offer for the Welshman.

And Casillas has turned up the heat on Spurs by publicly praising him.

Asked about Bale, Spain’s No1 said: “He is one of the best three or four players in Europe.

“All these big transfers are controversial for good or bad reasons but he is a player who decides games.”

Real have splashed around £50million on Spanish youngsters Isco and Asier Illarramendi.

But with Gonzalo Higuain and Jose Callejon leaving the club for Napoli, they need reinforcements in attack.

And Casillas added: “I am sure there will be a new player with us before the transfer window closes.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5041552/Gareth-Bale-transfer-Iker-Casillas-praises-Tottenham-star.html

Has he Baled out yet ?

Ha ha ha.

Ah, the two bob hammers! Great to have you aboard stoneylaugh.png

We might get 3 points if he does one at least.

It was obvious you wouldn't keep him,you sell all your best players,your just a feeder club in disguise.

yeah,talking of feeder clubs, we're in need of a striker, bout time your little club got one ready for us wasn't it ?