Retiremenet Visa Vs Marriage Visa

another difference is that in marriage visa can get WP and in retierement visa not

and in marriage visa show 400k and retierement visa must show 800k(if i not wronw) :o

Quite correct - I was referring to the documentation required to process the visas (or, more precisely, the one year extensions).

Don't forget that proof of monthly income can be a substitute for the 400K/800K in the bank routine.

And for the avoidance of doubt - a marraige visa does not entitle you to a work permit per se. You still have to qualify for a work permit for a specific postion, i e. one in which farangs are permitted to work, and your application must be approved by the labour dept, in the normal way.

The only official difference in the documents required for marriage vs retirement visas is the retirement visa requires a medical certifcate and the marriage visa requires a marriage certificate.

And the police check in your home country.

The only official difference in the documents required for marriage vs retirement visas is the retirement visa requires a medical certifcate and the marriage visa requires a marriage certificate.

And the police check in your home country.

As I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread, the police check is only required by the Thai consulate in your home country when applying for an O-A non immigrant visa.

It is not required by the immigration dept in Thailand. In other words, if you are in Thailand and you already have your Non-immigrant visa, you do not require police check as part of your retirement, 'one year extension', documentation.

I will be in Thailand long term from next Mar on a Imm O visa (married to Thai). I hope that this will not be a problem as I cannot have the retirement option as I'm 42 yrs old and will be supported by a pension with more than 400K in bank. I have read that because of my age and not working in Thailand that I may be questioned a bit more thoroughly, but I will have proof of my income from UK government sources which can be corroberated by the Embassy. Do any of you see my age as being a problem?

another difference is that in marriage visa can get WP and in retierement visa not

and in marriage visa show 400k and retierement visa must show 800k(if i not wronw) :o

Quite correct - I was referring to the documentation required to process the visas (or, more precisely, the one year extensions).

Don't forget that proof of monthly income can be a substitute for the 400K/800K in the bank routine.

And for the avoidance of doubt - a marraige visa does not entitle you to a work permit per se. You still have to qualify for a work permit for a specific postion, i e. one in which farangs are permitted to work, and your application must be approved by the labour dept, in the normal way.

yes ,i agree,but.........

in thai wife visa extension 1 years you need still always show 400k,isn't not enough WP,like my situation,i have this kind of visa,WP with 45000bath per months,but still everyears need to show also 400k

marriage visa,like my case,can enable me to get WP,because the owner of business is my wife and me can work for she and get WP only because i'm husband of she and father of 2 baby with she

this is my situation in phuket,pay anything,make respect the local rule,all for me do my 20 years-old experience lawyer,and ,never get a problem

yes ,i agree,but.........

in thai wife visa extension 1 years you need still always show 400k,isn't not enough WP,like my situation,i have this kind of visa,WP with 45000bath per months,but still everyears need to show also 400k

marriage visa,like my case,can enable me to get WP,because the owner of business is my wife and me can work for she and get WP only because i'm husband of she and father of 2 baby with she

this is my situation in phuket,pay anything,make respect the local rule,all for me do my 20 years-old experience lawyer,and ,never get a problem

You're getting me confused now.

I always thought that obtaining a work permit had nothing to do with whether you are married to a Thai or not, and that work permits were only issued on their merit - ie. Is a farang permitted to do that job in Thailand, and is he qualified to do it? I didn't think that being married toa Thai had any relevance. Maybe your job is a permitted one, and you wife's company is substantial enough to qualify to have one farang working for it.

And if you have a work permit, which always requires a fairly hefty minimum income, then why do you need to extend your visa on the basis of marriage? Surely the job itself would be sufficient? I really don't understand, maybe someone out there who knows more about these matters can clarify the rules, for us.

1. Extension for job - lose job, lose extension. Better to extend for support wife. Unless you are in the habit of losing wives.

2. The requirements for high income, by nationality, are immigration requirements for extension of stay. They are not requirements for a work permit.

3. Being married lowers some company requirements I believe to allow easier approval of foreigner work permit. Check past posts from Sunbelt.

Phil Pattaya:

You should not have any problem. Just keep the account above 400k when apply for extensions and show some wire transfers into the account during the year.

1. Extension for job - lose job, lose extension. Better to extend for support wife. Unless you are in the habit of losing wives.

2. The requirements for high income, by nationality, are immigration requirements for extension of stay. They are not requirements for a work permit.

3. Being married lowers some company requirements I believe to allow easier approval of foreigner work permit. Check past posts from Sunbelt.

Phil Pattaya:

You should not have any problem. Just keep the account above 400k when apply for extensions and show some wire transfers into the account during the year.

Thanks Lopburi3, I think I've got it now.

I suppose there could be a situation, where if you were having problems getting the marriage extension, but you are getting a work permit, you have the option of going the work extension route.

Conversely, someone married but holding a work extension, should be able apply for an extension based on marriage if they lose their job.

Just speculating, for anyone who might be in these kind of situations.

Phil Pattaya:

exactely :o

thanks lopburi3 for your message,that show very good experience in law in thailand :D:D

everytime i apprece your post,and learning something more :D

moby,i'm sorry if you get more confused,but this is my situation :D

off course,consider that is not the same in all region in thailand,i see

this is my situation with salary of only 35k because i support wife e 2 baby and the office cut to me some tax

off course,with non-b can get 1 year extension showing only 50k salary per month,without show money in bank

but non b+WP is only for company limited or partnership,(before tsunami i have this visa and WP)in my case is different because the small business is 100 per cent of my wife,and the office of labour can give me WP only because i'm married and father

bye,don't be confused,the forum is good for exchange experience and learning :D

I will be in Thailand long term from next Mar on a Imm O visa (married to Thai). I hope that this will not be a problem as I cannot have the retirement option as I'm 42 yrs old and will be supported by a pension with more than 400K in bank. I have read that because of my age and not working in Thailand that I may be questioned a bit more thoroughly, but I will have proof of my income from UK government sources which can be corroberated by the Embassy. Do any of you see my age as being a problem?

I am 45 and just married. They just gave me the runaround for 6 months and i get to start over and do it again. Show money, maps, neighbors, interview etc. Pain in the ass. They don't like marriage visas and make it difficult. They said come back in a month, another month and then they gave me 6 months and the stamp said I had to leave the country. Went on vacation and upon returning they said my original application was invalid because I left the country. I cant wait until I am 50, money isn't the problem.. good luck and look out for the unknown problem in your visa process..hope this helps