South African family attacked in Phuket nighttime street

webfact

I just ran, he told bystanders. They chased me and hit me and I kept running and they kept hitting me.

Unless they pulled a gun or knife on you, who the hell runs away a leaves their wife n kids in a dangerous situation ??

Gutless beyond belief...

That's a little harsh. It appears they were after the husband not the wife and kids and whilst they were chasing and beating him the family were actually out of harms way. Not every is Van Damme and can single handed take on 4 assailants.

Pity as well though that Jackie Chan was replacing his tyres !

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the details are missing. There must be an element of WHY this happened. WHY did these 6 thugs attack this family of four? In any case, attacking a family with kids, even if they are grown kids, is especially low and something I have never heard of in Thailand or anywhere else. My theory is that perhaps the father shouted from his hotel that there was too much noise being made outside by the 6 thugs and later on they received a beating for daring to express their right to have a peaceful night's sleep. OK perhaps I'm completely wrong but it couldn't have been a completely random attack either.

As for the tyre slashing on the Chinese tourist's rental car, well perhaps next time she decides to rent a car overseas she might want to choose more wisely where she parks her car. Having said that, you can't always know where you aren't supposed to park, but I would never park anywhere near a congregation of taxis or so because of the ensuing traffic jam you would cause and yes - the possibility of tyre slashing, even broken windows would cross my mind even before it were to happen. Park somewhere quieter, further away where it's safe to park, walk a few steps more and everyone will be happier.

If one applied your rule to the streets wide enough to park in the central part of Patong, there would be no suitable places for a visitor to park. The scum control all the parking areas and bully, threaten, harass and extort because it is allowed by the locals and by the police. Simple as that. Patong is a corrupt lawless place. The tourists that still visit Patong get what they merit. Anyone that does a bit of research prior to visiting Phuket knows the place is trash and that the locals are trash. I've been in some pretty awful places on this planet and Patong stands out as a place marketed as family friendly and "exotic", and is anything but that. Sorry to say, the place could do with another tsunami.

• Like 1

It is not wise to fight anybody in their territory. The 4 african

could have fought because their sizes are bigger than Thais.

must be big kid

yes

The family of four – mother, father and two children in their 20s – were “hanging out near the beach road” when they were suddenly attacked, the father later told rescue workers.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/-Nobody-helped-us-South-African-family-attacked-by-six-men-claim-21818.html

. If you come back and they are enraged because you have left them trash--just chuckle and either pay or fight.

Fight with a tuk tuk guy, you have never been to Thailand or like to get stabbed by his 10+ friends

I said "either pay or fight" and I live in Thailand.