About Tea

thaibebop

Drink Tea?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am wondering how many drink tea and what kinds. I only put east and west to see if people perfer teas from one area of the world to the other. PLease feel free to speak about any kinds of Tea though, I would like some details.

I myself perfer Teas form the east. Oolong and Jasime and Green of course. I like Ti Kuan Yin as well.

In the morning, I have a pot of PG Tips with a little milk and sugar with breakfast.

After that, it's eastern tea for the rest of the day. Jasmine, Oolong, Bo lay, Sau may, Sencha, Genmai cha I drink them all depending on my mood.

I can't stand those flavoured fruit teas though!

Did you know that tea bags were an American invention used to hide/sell the tea stems and dust. Loose leaf is the way to go, and you can immediately tell the quality by sight.

I think it's time for a cuppa now...

I like all teas (once they are teas and not tissanes!). I occasionally drink tea with milk but more often, green tea. I have lots of different types, China, Japan, Indian, also lots of different oolongs, and even what's being called 'white tea'. White tea is green tea that is very delicate and the tips look white/silvery in colour. First flush Darjeeling is also another tipple of mine. I don't use tea bags, all my teas are loose leaf, and I brew them properly.

Most good quality green/oolongs/darjeelings can be brewed 2-3 times and with many the second brew is the best!

I start the day with 2-3 cups of 'white tea' and the rest of the day I drink whatever I'm in the mood for. I probably drink 20+ cups of tea a day.

I rarely drink coffee, but when I do I like a good quality strong coffee.

Edited by suegha

It seems the only thing you drink is Robinsons or the odd fanta!!

:D

Thats me :D

I dont drink hot drinks of any sort, i dont drink alcohol, i dont like plain water or fizzy mineral water, i only drink fanta when i have no choice, i dont drink other fizzy drinks coke pepsi etc.

I can pretty much tell the difference between differnt squash brands, and if they are sugar free or not. Ohhh dear how sad am i? No need for an answer.

Ohh i do like a nice glass of ice cold milk :o

I keep discovering good teas...it's usually in the preparation. I 've always liked gen mai cha (jap green tea with toasted rice) and when not drinking alcohol imbibe generous amounts when available (can be found at Foodland on Soi 5).

You can get tea all over the world and the variety simply astounds. The most jolting

I keep discovering good teas...it's usually in the preparation. I 've always liked gen mai cha (jap green tea with toasted rice) and when not drinking alcohol imbibe generous amounts when available (can be found at Foodland on Soi 5).

You can get tea all over the world and the variety simply astounds. The most jolting brew I've found is in Turkey, brewed in a double boiler arrangement and served in little tulip glasses...tea servers are to be found hefting trays of little glasses all over the streets of Istanbul. Two, three sips and the glass is finished...then it lifts the top of yer head off...never seen nothing like it...highly addictive.

Out here in the boonies always have to make do with the ubiquitous Lipton's Yellow Label with lots of sugar and condensed milk. Bettrn' nothin', I suppose...

an'...ah got to gloat...when I was in the UK and made the tea there were many compliments in the manner of 'what a nice cuppa tea...', quite a compliment for a Pasadena, California boy...always used that loose tea in the tall dark green box...excellent brew...

Actually it is a bit of an ambiguous question. I take it you mean East or West of Thailand. For Hot tea, I think it has to be Ceylon or Indian, but you can hardley put Peach or Mango with PG Tips. Of course the other way round you can hardly put milk and sugar in Chrysanthanum Tea.

No I think it is whether it is hot or cold. West of Thailand for Hot Tea. East for Iced Tea.

I normally drink Earl Grey with no milk or sugar though I do like Jasmine tea now and again for hot tea. For iced tea I really like Cha Dam yen Thai style though I do share green tea with honey and lemon with my son (20 months old). We can finish a bottle coming back from the village 6 km away.

Actually it is a bit of an ambiguous question. I take it you mean East or West of Thailand. For Hot tea, I think it has to be Ceylon or Indian, but you can hardley put Peach or Mango with PG Tips. Of course the other way round you can hardly put milk and sugar in Chrysanthanum Tea.

No I think it is whether it is hot or cold. West of Thailand for Hot Tea. East for Iced Tea.

Sorry, I meant west as in teas that the UK and the US are known for drinking, or east as in Asian teas. However, I am thankful for learning a difference between east and west Thailand when it comes to tea. :o

BTW, what different teas come from Thailand? My wife makes what she just calls Thai tea, which is really dark and spicy when hot and when cold is filled with sweet stuff. Are there other kinds?

Sorry, I meant west as in teas that the UK and the US are known for drinking, or east as in Asian teas. However, I am thankful for learning a difference between east and west Thailand when it comes to tea. :o

BTW, what different teas come from Thailand? My wife makes what she just calls Thai tea, which is really dark and spicy when hot and when cold is filled with sweet stuff. Are there other kinds?

There are plenty of plantations in Northern Thailand, which, should produce good teas like Assam or Ceylon. But should is a big equation in Thailand. If normal Thai logic,is anything to go by then the good tea will be binned.

Sorry, I meant west as in teas that the UK and the US are known for drinking, or east as in Asian teas. However, I am thankful for learning a difference between east and west Thailand when it comes to tea. :D

Now you have explained the East/West bit I can reply that only good, strong English tea is for me. "Yorkshire" tea is one of my favs., but I'm presently slurping through a big bag of Tetleys. I just can't taste any of the "flowery" or "green" teas! A few years ago Tesco sold their own brand which wasn't too bad. Now they only sell Liptons and Twinnings. I like my tea and coffee just like my women - Hot Strong and Sweet!! :o:D

Everywhere I have been / worked over the last 30 years or so... saudi arabia,iraq,algeria,iran,west africa,cambodia ,viet nam.sakon No where...etc etc .....the only tea that I have ever really come up against is....Yellow Label....wot a money spinner....its like its got a world monopoly and yet never seen it here in the UK :o