Ever been robbed/burgled in Isaan?...

krisb

Got some CCTV stickers made up and put them all around the outside of a 2mtr wall for 200 baht,everyone comments about we must have spent a fortune on security. but I think the real deterrent is the two Thai Ridgebacks we have, there reputation out ways everything Thai people are shit scared of these dogs and no one enters our place without phoning first.

Thai Ridgebacks silent but deadly.........

Where did you get them from?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps nobody got out either............laugh.png

Strange you should mention that because it is important.

When intruders are 'casing' a joint how to get out is just as important as how to get in, should they be discovered in the act. If the system is well installed it is as difficult to get out as it was to get in, so get out so the benefit is maybe not doubled but... As Kamala Bob says they will look for a softer target.

From an industrial point of view stopping stuff being passed over the wall is sometimes more important than stopping intruders climbing in.

I read an article by a Brit pro burglar many years ago which made me laugh. He was describing this really posh house in Surrey that had steel bars on all house orifices, which descended with him inside the house, when they were triggered by internal motion lasers.

"Weren't you worried?" said the journo. "No, I just came out through a wall" was his reply.

Once I broke into a Porsche 911(not to steal but for a laugh). Stupidly, I closed the door and couldn't get out for ages. Luckily a friend wa walking along the road and managed to get his attention and he could open the door from the outside. Could have been there all night and woken up by the police.

• Like 1

We were broken into about 2 years ago. Wife woke me around 2am saying she could hear someone in the house. The guy had cut into the aluminum window frame to get through the lock and get into the kitchen. he'd tried to jimmy the kitchen door lock previously. Destroyed the lock but didn't get in, hence resorted to the window. Didn't move into the main house and took nothing, fled as soon as he heard me.

After that, changed the windows to PVC with better locks and installed CCTV

Years back I grew one rai of sweet corn using some expensive seed. I was checking about every day to see when it would be good to start picking. On the day we decided to start picking we found that about 50% or more had already been taken. I picked every remaining ear that was even close to being ready as i know the local low life's would be back to pick. Also, my gfs mother had all her rubber taken one evening. Had many things also go missing from the farm and house... More than likely family making them selfs at home.

Where do you think these low life's in Pattaya bangkocome from .... The farm !