French violinist at MFL-University

Limbo

Saturday 22 April a violin concert will take place at the Mae Fah Luang University.

At this university the Alliance Française of Chiang Rai runs an institute with an incredible long name.

The name concists of about twelve words, so please don't expect me to reproduce it.

Anyhow, there it is. There will be signs!

Dear Unknown_User,

Do you have any details?

Anyhow, for everybody playing violin him- or herself in Chiang Rai the attendance is an absolute must :o !

All others are invited to come voluntarily.

Limbo :D

ohh yes Limbo, my friend told me about this too. and i saw an Ad in town... anyway im just came back from chaing mai..let me rest abit and i will try to find the information... AND yes i think i will go to this concert too.... :o maybe i will become known..... who knows.. hahaha

Happy thai new years all.

Concert is in 22nd April at main Auditorium (C4) start from 19.00 or 7 PM . The violinist name is Vadim or sommething i cant remember.. he is one of top 5 europian violinist. If you dont know where is Main auditorium located , you can contect me. :o

PS: sure i will go to this concert coz its free!!! :D

Thanks U_U for reminding us!

The concert "Violin Virtuose" will be given by Vadim Tchijik, a Moscow-born French violinist.

He is at this moment indeed considered to be one of the (three) finest violinists of Europe.

It's unique that the 'Alliance Française de Chiang Rai' managed to bring an artist of his caliber to our little sleepy town.

Vadim will play sonates of Bach, Paganini and Isaï.

Vadim visited Chiang Rai earlier, also on invitation of the 'Alliance Française de Chiang Rai' as a member of the "Trio de Paris".

This concert is not the only reason that Vadim is visiting us:

The World Philharmonic Orchestre of Paris, conducted by François Legrand, is compiled by musicians from all over the world. The visit of Vadim Tchijik also serves the purpose of selecting an Asian candidate for this orchestre.

Violinists from Singapore, Chiang Mai, Payao, Bangkok and Chiang Rai have been taking part in a workshop directed by Vadim (call it a masters class or a violin course if you so want).

The second position of a Chiang Rai candidate shows us that Chiang Rai, how little and unimportant it may seem, can be a just as well a go-ground for artists as any other town in the world.

Of course we regret that 'our' candidate didn't take the flowers, but the selection was done 'blindfolded'.

Anyhow, it is a very special experience to hear music, written in Europe two or three hundred years ago, coming out of a violin on a Chiang Rai stage. A violin handled by a contemporary virtuose on the instrument.

The Mae Fah Luang University is about twenty kms north of town at the superhighway.

Limbo :o