"No Russian Mafia in Pattaya" – Chief of Banglamung District

webfact

"No Russian Mafia in Pattaya" – Chief of Banglamung District

mafia-1.jpg

CHONBURI: -- A meeting was held at the Chonburi Immigration Office in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road on Thursday to discuss how Pattaya should react to claims that Russian “Mafia” activities in Phuket, which have been much publicized in the press, are also present in Pattaya.

Police Colonel Chaiyor, the Superintendent of Chonburi Immigration was joined by Khun Sukchai, the Chief of Banglamung District at the meeting to discuss claims by the press that Russian’s are now taking over Pattaya which is affecting Thai’s and their chances of gaining employment in certain industries which are now dominated by Russian Nationals who, the reports suggest, are working illegally.

Despite the claims, the Chief of District stated that Russian “Mafia” activities are not present in Pattaya and crimes involving Russian Nationals are minor and do not pose a threat to Pattaya in any way.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97681/no-russian-mafia-pattaya-chief-banglamung-district/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-02

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also funny to see that beside all mafia are working in secret ...many here think to know in what business they are involved ... All mafia are involve in prostitution,drugs etc ... Can be Russian, Italian, Chinese, Thai I dont think the Russian mafia is more active than another in Pattaya or Phuket. But I noticed many Thai visa guys dont like russian at all .... well I like Russian very much ....

• Like 2

Exactly which industries are dominated by russian nationals? Sounds more like the press trying to whip up a storm of xenophobia and sensationalism.

I would hazard a guess at prostitution and extortion for starters, and I would also suggest that the locals are up in arms essentially because the Russians are fully aware that the Thais hunt in packs, and they have the set up to be able to deal with that.

"No Russian Mafia in Pattaya" is like saying there are no jet ski scams there either...!

There was a Russin guy running a jet ski scam with a Thai lady across from Royal Garden.

He was photographed on the beach, counting a big wad of cash (photo on the Mayors facebook page) and soon disappeared.

This was about the same time the jet ski scammers began assaulting photographers too.

re

Last time I was down in Pattaya, the place was inundated with Russians, and it seemed that a large proportion of the tour guides, agencies, go-go's, bars were all (ostensibly) not owned/run by Russians also.

this mans nailed it ! .. hes right !

give him a medal smile.png

i noticed exactly the same when i was there

last and i doubt very much that any of them

have closed or moved away sinse then sad.png

dave2 .. a pattaya visitor now and again

but to live there now ?..... never sad.png

post-42592-0-32580400-1375410017_thumb.j

post-42592-0-33527900-1375410055_thumb.j

post-42592-0-49460700-1375410086_thumb.j

Exactly which industries are dominated by russian nationals? Sounds more like the press trying to whip up a storm of xenophobia and sensationalism.

You are not Russian, are you;-)

Erm - no. But living in Pattaya I cannot see any industry that even comes close to being dominated by Russians - maybe you would care to enlighten me.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/656830-russian-go-go-bar-and-thai-pub-raided-by-pattaya-authorities/

No Russian mafia, no drugs, no prostitutions, no corruption, no crime....

this town is a regular church/temple going city filed with nothing than

pious people going about their business, where do I sign up?

• Like 2

Russian is a difficult language. Very few Thais are ever going to master it. The sensible solution would be to legalize more Russian tourism workers and watch them like hawks. The current underground situation feeds mafia building.

As soon as Russians are licensed those licenses will be immediately controlled by gangsters.

As sure as night follows day.

The elder farts among us (me included) will remember the Minister of Tourism at the time (a lady) visited Pattaya and with go-go-bars signs as backdrop told the press accompanying her that there is no sign whatsoever of prostitution.

Hence the hub of "no Russian mafia" can be added to the "no hookers" hub; well done clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif