Missing Yor Mothers Food?

erg

I am wondering wath kind of food everybody is missing in CR.

For me, a humble duchie, i miss duch schrimps and smoked eal, this is aside from bread with cheese ofcourse.

But yes, i wouldt like to know, there are a lot off different nationalitys here, and i guess every nationality misses his own.

Being a Dutchman it is sad to say that there is not much typical Dutch food I long for.

Typical Dutch food is stew-like stuff like the hotchpotch of potatoes and cabbage, good food for the cold winters and for people with lousy teeth. It is pre-chewed so to say.

No, Maitre Erg, leave my mother out of this. She wouldn't be able to compete with the Thai kitchen.

But a new herring :o

Why do you ask the question anyway?

Are you going to open a delicatessen maybe?

What is a more hedonistic experience than eating a honest, pure and sparkling fresh piece of bread with a palate-pleasing cheese to it? Oh, don't talk about it, it hurts: smoked ham and all the other kinds of cold sliced meat.

Walk around in the big malls of Bangkok and you get almost confused looking at the enormeous display of delicacies. Luxury food; eating as a form of self-entertainment.

But it is made of almost the same milk, cows and pigs as all the other stuff.

The person who made it added a value, it is marvellous.

Dear Maitre Erg,

Seriously: Have you ever thought about opening a delicatessen in Chiang Rai :D ?

Limbo :D

• 2 months later...
Being a Dutchman it is sad to say that there is not much typical Dutch food I long for.

Typical Dutch food is stew-like stuff like the hotchpotch of potatoes and cabbage, good food for the cold winters and for people with lousy teeth. It is pre-chewed so to say.

No, Maitre Erg, leave my mother out of this. She wouldn't be able to compete with the Thai kitchen.

But a new herring :o

Why do you ask the question anyway?

Are you going to open a delicatessen maybe?

What is a more hedonistic experience than eating a honest, pure and sparkling fresh piece of bread with a palate-pleasing cheese to it? Oh, don't talk about it, it hurts: smoked ham and all the other kinds of cold sliced meat.

Walk around in the big malls of Bangkok and you get almost confused looking at the enormeous display of delicacies. Luxury food; eating as a form of self-entertainment.

But it is made of almost the same milk, cows and pigs as all the other stuff.

The person who made it added a value, it is marvellous.

Dear Maitre Erg,

Seriously: Have you ever thought about opening a delicatessen in Chiang Rai :D ?

Limbo :D

Yes we are at the OLD DUTCH RESTAURANT

We try to start in July with a Food Buffet and a Deli

Fresh sliced Ham and or Salami, Young and Old Dutch cheese and an assorti of French cheeses and also a few crispy, horticultured salads

If anough interest we like to make Pesto, Humus, Tapenada and many fresh Bread buns or broodjes with whatever You like and we have available.

All is meant for take away only