BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
rai57000

Moaning Xpats

I would like to thank the OP for starting this thread. The well mannered majority can often be drowned out by the awful din of the forum hooligans. It is necessary to have a little positive reinforcement from time to time, I think.
It lets people know they are not alone and may even encourage posters, who are scared off by the vocal minority, to contribute more knowing they are in the presence of likeminded individuals.smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

The original post looked like a paid effort to start a controversial subject like many posts on TV are. TV makes money from advertisements which proliferate in posts. Therefore it is economically rational for TV to pay employees to post.

A number of posts unrelated to news items are often just a revenue harvesting effort by TV.

Are you employed by TV?

Being a bit selective there harrry. He quoted me and then ask the question of me not of the OP. He said "you" not "he".

I would like to thank the OP for starting this thread. The well mannered majority can often be drowned out by the awful din of the forum hooligans. It is necessary to have a little positive reinforcement from time to time, I think.
It lets people know they are not alone and may even encourage posters, who are scared off by the vocal minority, to contribute more knowing they are in the presence of likeminded individuals.smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

The original post looked like a paid effort to start a controversial subject like many posts on TV are. TV makes money from advertisements which proliferate in posts. Therefore it is economically rational for TV to pay employees to post.

A number of posts unrelated to news items are often just a revenue harvesting effort by TV.

Are you employed by TV?

Being a bit selective there harrry. He quoted me and then ask the question of me not of the OP. He said "you" not "he".

Just put it down to US and Australian english VF.

leep smiling.

• Like 1

Make a post with no conflict and no resolution required and see how quick it slides down to oblivion. Same is true for books and blogs. The exception would be threads with helpful advice and information.

It's not the negativity we hate but the quality of the delivery.

• Like 1

Make a post with no conflict and no resolution required and see how quick it slides down to oblivion. Same is true for books and blogs. The exception would be threads with helpful advice and information.

It's not the negativity we hate but the quality of the delivery.

At the moment there is a topic full of congratulatory messages on InvadeIt and its excellent service. Not one winge or complaint. It goes to show that posters here can respond with positive coments if they are deserved, They can hardly be criticised for pointing out things they are less happy with too.

I stand correctedsmile.png Good Reply !

Yep, I was about to join in by invitig the NAYSAYERS to P.O.Q (GO HOME!!) but Newbie is right on the money with his/her comments.

Used to have the same sort of thing in Australia, mainly with the POMS (English folk) who would start almost every conversation using the words,

"Back Home.....bla, bla, bla) Funny thing is, I had to stop myself doing exactly the same thing when I first lived in CNX. Sure, I had been a frequent visitor to LOS over some 30+ years but when I started to LIVE here, I also started to fall into the "Back home....bla, bla, bla" trap.

Take the advice offered by Newbie, I reckon in the majority of cases, you'll find it much more comfortable living here than "back home" wherever it was.

Of course, if you are still unhappy here, is there anyone holding a gun at your head and forcing you to stay?

Expats moan all over the world! Especially Brits. Don't mix with them easily fixed.

ps not attacking Brits ..just my opinion having been working overseas for over a decade now having first started as an expat 22 years ago. They will never change.

Maprao, if you make a derogatory comment, I suggest you cut out the cope out of "not attacking Brits", as you clearly are. Clearly you do not have the courage of you convictions - or as the Brits might say, "you have no balls". I could say I don't like Aussies because they lack manners, I don't like Germans because they are loud and selfish, I don't like Russians because they also are loud and aggressive, I don't like Italians because many are slime balls - but I won't (damn already did!) Personally I do not go in for these outlandish generalisations and have found many people from different Countries to be friendly, hospitable and fun to be with and I of course include my Thai Friends. I came to Thailand because I visualised a better quality of life from my personal perspective. And have achieved it 100%. As for moaning about the heat, it is one of the many reasons why I came here. At least I don't have to sit indoors most of the time in the UK, as one does because..................yes the weather. I love the food, the people, the diversity of Thailand and if I happen to drive along a rather bumpy road, I just remind myself that not only did I puncture a tyre, but completely wrecked the rim of the wheel on my car through hitting a pot hole in the UK. I know quite a few Brits in Thailand and by and large they are successful business people who have an optimistic outlook on life; perhaps it is as one other OP said, "it all depends on who you mix with".

• Like 1

Valid topic, OP. However, and you may not be aware of this, there actually are people living in the US, UK, Australia, and the rest of the western world who are in good financial shape and are happy with their lives.

It's the guy's on low incomes that struggle all over the world; buget living in LOS can be just as depressing when you're skint. At least they don't have the inflated fuel bill!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the reply,s it just makes me love Thailand more..

I did not mean to moan when I was having a rant about the moaners, I just wanted everyones thoughts on the subject. I know a few of you who have replied and agree with nearly all of the posts on this subject and from now I just hope I can let it be water of a ducks back as they say..

Thanks .

• Like 1

Expats moan all over the world! Especially Brits. Don't mix with them easily fixed.

ps not attacking Brits ..just my opinion having been working overseas for over a decade now having first started as an expat 22 years ago. They will never change.

Maprao, if you make a derogatory comment, I suggest you cut out the cope out of "not attacking Brits", as you clearly are. Clearly you do not have the courage of you convictions - or as the Brits might say, "you have no balls". I could say I don't like Aussies because they lack manners, I don't like Germans because they are loud and selfish, I don't like Russians because they also are loud and aggressive, I don't like Italians because many are slime balls - but I won't (dam_n already did!) Personally I do not go in for these outlandish generalisations and have found many people from different Countries to be friendly, hospitable and fun to be with and I of course include my Thai Friends. I came to Thailand because I visualised a better quality of life from my personal perspective. And have achieved it 100%. As for moaning about the heat, it is one of the many reasons why I came here. At least I don't have to sit indoors most of the time in the UK, as one does because..................yes the weather. I love the food, the people, the diversity of Thailand and if I happen to drive along a rather bumpy road, I just remind myself that not only did I puncture a tyre, but completely wrecked the rim of the wheel on my car through hitting a pot hole in the UK. I know quite a few Brits in Thailand and by and large they are successful business people who have an optimistic outlook on life; perhaps it is as one other OP said, "it all depends on who you mix with".

He's attacking Brit's, sad man.

It's wrong to stereotype nations, the uk has 4; and they all have many diversities within each one.

Are they all to be tared with the same brush?

Stayed in Thailand 10 years, never associated with ex.pats, so didn't have to listen to their whingeing biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Maybe some people are moaners because they are stuck between cultures. They have been here quite long time but still not really accepting the Thai culture ways of doing things. At the same time their old country has changed too and it also feels "foreign". Old friends feel like strangers, not really the same as years before. They feel betrayed at both countries.

For British and Russians especially this might be even harder culture to fit in than for most because in a conflict situation they are quite eager to start a shouting match. That behavior really is seen by Thais as a bull in a china shop stuff. Especially if a foreigner start belittling the Thais involved on top of being very angry. Loss of face...huge red flag.

Edited by Timwin
  • Like 1

Why don't people just enjoy their retirement as they're luckier than most.

Somebody said in another thread, "When a man has finally money to burn, the fire has usually gone out" :)

• Like 1