Moaning Xpats

rai57000

I agree. Having worked all over Asia the Brits tend to be the best to work with ( with some exceptions).

I have to disagree with that one. I would assume you are Brit by making that statement.

When working with Brits, all they can talk about is what is proper. Of course, proper is what is normal in the UK.

Similar to the Thais. What is proper is what Thais deem proper.

I'm not a Brit,but find Ozzies n Brits, the most Fun.They can laugh at their funny ways,but Americans dont have any,seems to me They are.Never Wrong,just like Germans.cheesy.gif . Sorry John from San Diego,not You.wub.png
So then, you are Aussie, which would explain your comment.

If you are comparing me to a German, I'm ok with that.

No im Portuguesee, there is also a Special Race here called the Schoolteacher, to be avoided at all costs.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met some good guys. I have a few good Thai friends.I have met a lot of Farangs that all they do is whinge.Easy to sort out they get me once whinging they never get me again,I avoid them like the plague.Its pretty simple really

• Like 1

No im Portuguesee, there is also a Special Race here called the Schoolteacher, to be avoided at all costs.thumbsup.gif

Best post of the day. One should add a great many 'schoolteachers' here are on 'bent' degrees. Graduate pretenders. Bless!,

Best post of the day. One should add a great many 'schoolteachers' here are on 'bent' degrees. Graduate pretenders. Bless!,

The days of teachers using 'bent' degrees here are long gone. Thailand now has some of the most stringent requirements in Asia when it comes to teaching, must be hard for those that like to knock teachers to accept but it's true. But as you like to pigeonhole a whole group based on a nonsensical stereotype you won't mind me doing the same!

Edited by onthedarkside
Insulting comments removed

Why don't you go to a restaurant/pub for food and a beer where there are no expats.

I would avoid them at any cost if they really moan as much as you describe.

Seems pretty dumb, returning to places where you meet these annoying moaning expats time after time!

Maybe some people are moaners because they are stuck between cultures. They have been here quite long time but still not really accepting the Thai culture ways of doing things. At the same time their old country has changed too and it also feels "foreign". Old friends feel like strangers, not really the same as years before. They feel betrayed at both countries.

For British and Russians especially this might be even harder culture to fit in than for most because in a conflict situation they are quite eager to start a shouting match. That behavior really is seen by Thais as a bull in a china shop stuff. Especially if a foreigner start belittling the Thais involved on top of being very angry. Loss of face...huge red flag.

How stupid to mention the Brits with the Russians.

Somehow coming from a hierarchical society with a monarchy , where manners still play apart in life..etc..we are closer to Thai society than most. Plus we have always been multi cultural in the uk given our colonial past..

You know very little about the Brits, start a shouting match are you kidding..who are you hanging out with.

Are u American..?

Hey...no need to assume that someone is American just because they made a stupid remake about Brits...you only show your own prejudices. I'm American and I've hung out with my fair share of Brits and we've gotten along just fine. I have even learned to understand and appreciate their twisted sense of humor (well at least to some degree). And we've hung out and watched Premier League football (not soccer) games together while I try to understand what they're talking about while watching the game. And alternatively I've attempted to teach a few of the finer points of American football (with limited success) while we chowed down on bangers and mash & fish and chips to keep it an international affair. Only once do I remember getting pissed at a Brit when he called me a "typical American" for simply not watching the final 10 minutes of a football match. I don't go around calling a single jerk from England a "typical Brit", which would only disrespect my Brit friends...but I also don't appreciate being called a "typical American" which was definitely said in a negative context. Anyway, I ended up just letting it go, mainly because one of my Brit friends was sitting right between me and the jerk in question and I didn't want him to become collateral damage.

No. I have worked in America, my neighbour is American where i live now. I was sort of having a go at his stereotypical crap..and the Brits and Americans always seem to get it. On reflection it was probably a poor choice..I have my prejudices like everyone else but Americans aren't top of that list.

I am Welsh which by the way which is hugely different from a Brit.

This thread has turned into a sort of I like don't like sort of moan..pretty irrelevant to Thailand as I would have the same prejudices at home.

Off for a drink with my American neighbour..won't show him this thread though..

No. I have worked in America, my neighbour is American where i live now. I was sort of having a go at his stereotypical crap..and the Brits and Americans always seem to get it. On reflection it was probably a poor choice..I have my prejudices like everyone else but Americans aren't top of that list.

I am Welsh which by the way which is hugely different from a Brit.

This thread has turned into a sort of I like don't like sort of moan..pretty irrelevant to Thailand as I would have the same prejudices at home.

Off for a drink with my American neighbour..won't show him this thread though..

Never been to Wales but definitely hope to visit someday.

BTW, my favorite football player is Welsh...Ryan Giggs!

Bit Bemused by the Moaning Teachers Comment.Even Today the Enlish Teacrers are made up of Drunken Irish Barman, Nigerian Druggie Type,and anyone who will work for 1K.Per Day.All the Real Teachers work at Posh Schools,but still winge just as bad.cheesy.gif

Here's a moan.... love the 3G, hate the signs.

They must have put up a ****ing million of them.

Tell me about it.

On the way home after a trip from Oz, they had covered

the locals streets with the signs.

I got a little excited hoping it would be available in the village.

sure enough, after phoning them "sorry, no have yet".

Oh well.

I've been here 15 years and do not associate or listen to moaners. Easily avoided, and easily ignored. Some people don't know how good they've got it and even those who do sometimes moan. Some people are born moaners. F them

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................That sounds like a Moan to Me.cheesy.gif .Some Moaners are quite funny.

I honestly don't see how there could be any moaning or groaning with no girlie bars handy. biggrin.png

Maybe I just missed them. tongue.png

Edited by NeverSure

No im Portuguesee, there is also a Special Race here called the Schoolteacher, to be avoided at all costs.Posted Image

The days of teachers using 'bent' degrees here are long gone. Thailand now has some of the most stringent requirements in Asia when it comes to teaching, must be hard for those that like to knock teachers to accept but it's true. But as you like to pigeonhole a whole group based on a nonsensical stereotype you won't mind me doing the same!

Your naivety is amazing for someone who appears to be a bona fide teacher. I suggest you travel a bit before you make such statements. I said a "great many" and I stand by that based on my own experiences..... That does not mean all and any stereotyping is in your own thoughts. Many 'teachers' have managed to remain under the radar so to speak! Additionally go to the provinces and you will see what is going on at the moment with all the extra short term government money that is being thrown at travellers who are anything but bona fide English teachers. Your 'stringent requirements' are no doubt rigidly enforced in urban centres where the supply of qualified teachers (such as yourself) outstrips demand. But in the provinces the rigidity is seemingly somewhat malleable!

Tell me about it.

Oh well.

Are you surprised....there are have even been big signs around that we can catch a train soon....the only train I know of is the library.

• Like 1

Tell me about it.

Oh well.

Are you surprised....there are have even been big signs around that we can catch a train soon....the only train I know of is the library.
That Train aint goin nowhere!!!!

Tell me about it.

Oh well.

That Train aint goin nowhere!!!!

But at least people do not get bored on it...it has lots of reading matter.