Sophon broadband internet in Pattaya

Lenthai

Cant speak for now but when it launched the entire sophon internet service was on btv infrastructure. Didnt cover east back then I think but that applied city wide. Btv installed the cables and did it in partnership with sophon in the areas that sophon had the cable tv monopoly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3357038912.png

Not bad

Jow much u pay for cat month

mataleo

Speed tests can be rather meaningless if you're spending most of your time on sites in the US or Europe. You need to test your speed to servers near your destination. Also, the quality of service is more important than the raw speed... in particular how low the troughs go in making up the average speed.

I had problems a few months back with Sophon where service was down for 4 days. Eventually they admitted it was a problem with BTV equipment and not much they could do as they were waiting for them to solve the issue. Next day the Sophon engineer came round with another guy who I was told was not part of Sophon but could fix things for me if i 'bought him a drink'. Sure enough an hour later everything was back up and running and no major problems since so i assume there was some unofficial collusion between Sophon and BTV engineers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had problems a few months back with Sophon where service was down for 4 days. Eventually they admitted it was a problem with BTV equipment and not much they could do as they were waiting for them to solve the issue. Next day the Sophon engineer came round with another guy who I was told was not part of Sophon but could fix things for me if i 'bought him a drink'. Sure enough an hour later everything was back up and running and no major problems since so i assume there was some unofficial collusion between Sophon and BTV engineers.

Be warned Sophon are tapping into these cables in a back door deal. Eventually you will be shut out permenantly and struggle to get any money back you paid in advance for Sophon Broadband.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be warned Sophon are tapping into these cables in a back door deal. Eventually you will be shut out permenantly and struggle to get any money back you paid in advance for Sophon Broadband.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Which cables are they tapping into according to you ? BTV?

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos Edited by MJCM

It's in my previous posts if you bothered to read them, Sophon claim that BTV has upgraded their patch box and locked them out.  

It looks like Sophon Broadband is a sinking ship.

They made their money by being the only way for many people to access internet (through TV cabling) where standard DSL wasn't available, but now as more and more alternative services are being rolled out they struggling to hold market share.

It seemed like a good idea, unfortunately a lot of TV cabling isn't up to scratch. When they first hooked me up through my TV cables the signal was no good. They had to run separate cables into my townhouse, but this cannot be done in condos.

It's in my previous posts if you bothered to read them, Sophon claim that BTV has upgraded their patch box and locked them out.  

Oke so only in East Pattaya, but not for example in Pattaya Klang.

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oke so only in East Pattaya, but not for example in Pattaya Klang.

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

Yes, the BTV designated areas where BTV have been running all the fibre infrastructure to upgrade their broadband . Typically Pattaya Nua and the dark side. I have no idea who owns that infrastructure for Pattaya Klang.  

Edited by JohnP1752

• 2 months later...
Sophon engineer has now told me that he cannot fix my connection here on the Darkside and i need to go to the office for a refund on the 6 months remaining.

Anyone have any suggestions for a new broadband service over here?

• 2 months later...
Yes they dropped me as a customer also. They had sent an bill for the next subscription period, 19,000 baht. But the net was out and when I called for 2 days they said a tech would come out. Then they said they dont service the area any more (darkside of Pattaya).

Well guess what I am going to drop them as my tv cable provider.
And I will tell them why.
I wish I knew the owner or higher up management so I could send them an email.
I was a good customer for 3+ years, they can f#$k off.

Yes they dropped me as a customer also. They had sent an bill for the next subscription period, 19,000 baht. But the net was out and when I called for 2 days they said a tech would come out. Then they said they dont service the area any more (darkside of Pattaya).

Well guess what I am going to drop them as my tv cable provider.
And I will tell them why.
I wish I knew the owner or higher up management so I could send them an email.
I was a good customer for 3+ years, they can f#$k off.

Don't be too hard on them. With the fast roll out of fiber optic all over the place, they're having a hard time competing. Times change, technology changes. 

Sophon TV and Sophon Broadband are separate companies, so punishing the TV provider won't achieve the result you're looking for. 

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

After multiple visits by various technicians they turned around around and told me that they did not know what to do to fix my wifi issues, but insisted the problem was not with their equipment or line into the condo, so it must be a problem with the condo line. This despite 3 years where everything was working ok then stopped being so. I needed the internet for work so I called Sophom up to cancel my contract. I had 3BB set up their gear ang lo and behold everything works fine. Sophon refused to refund the payment I had made for 12 months in advance as I did not allow them to try to fix the prob;em with theirs. Total b.s., they came at least 5 times this year and gave up.

Edited by Rimmer
Libelous content removed

4 hours ago, JohndMac said:

what to do to fix my wifi issues

Did you try an Ethernet/Lan connection instead of the Wifi ?

4 hours ago, JohndMac said:

I needed the internet for work

Maybe you should have 2 internet services and a "load balancing" router.

• 4 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 10:32 AM, JohndMac said:

After multiple visits by various technicians they turned around around and told me that they did not know what to do to fix my wifi issues, but insisted the problem was not with their equipment or line into the condo, so it must be a problem with the condo line. This despite 3 years where everything was working ok then stopped being so. I needed the internet for work so I called Sophom up to cancel my contract. I had 3BB set up their gear ang lo and behold everything works fine. Sophon refused to refund the payment I had made for 12 months in advance as I did not allow them to try to fix the prob;em with theirs. Total b.s., they came at least 5 times this year and gave up.

yeah they said the same thing to me a few times and failed to correct what was obviously a problem on their end... not recommended.