Advice on pressure washers

Guderian

14 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Takes two to get it upstairs for when I want to clean the aircon units.

I cannot imagine using even my Zinsano Andaman (same as Pibs) to clean ac units indoors. The possible mess and risk of damaging something - and yours is even more powerful! 

Is it an issue or can you dial down the power? 

9 hours ago, topt said:

I cannot imagine using even my Zinsano Andaman (same as Pibs) to clean ac units indoors. The possible mess and risk of damaging something - and yours is even more powerful! 

No and Yes ...

21 hours ago, topt said:

Yea...and I don't.  Even though you can buy short nozzles I do not use my Andaman for cleaning A/C inside (evaporator ) units...just too much/big sprayer equipment to drag around/hook up...especially to the second story.

Instead, I bought some spray nozzles of Ebay which I just hooked to my water hose which uses approx 35psi to clean my inside units).   That setup gives more than enough pressure to clean the evap fins/cage fan...clean them approx every 6 yo 9 months...been doing it for almost a decade now.  But I do sometimes use the Andaman on the outside units (condenser) but many times I just use a standard water hose garden spray head....works fine does the job....do that every year.   

Most Thai A/C cleaners I have seen come with small, lower pressure sprayers about the size of a small, hand carried vacuum cleaner which puts out much less pressure, easy to carry around, maybe just use a bucket of water as the input water source, etc.  While the small, lower pressure sprayers are fine to clean an A/C or wash a vehicle they just don't have enough power to effectively/quickly clean outside like driveways, sidewalks, walls, etc.

Yea, I've been extremely satisfied with my Zinsano Andaman....it can take paint right off a concrete wall with the right spray pattern, clean driveways/sidewalks/walls like a charm.  Knock on wood....it's been very reliable over the years I've had it with once every three months or so use in cleaning outside areas of my home to clean off the green, black algae/scum build-up so common in our tropical (jungle) environment.

On 9/27/2014 at 11:37 PM, kamalabob2 said:

I visited a Builders Merchants store in Buriram today to pick up free tickets to the Buriram Home & Garden Show held on Tuesday October 14th. Free Pizza and the chance to meet marketing and technical reps who understand and speak English in Buriram is a rare treat. Zinsano has a booth near the front door of Ruangsangthai Hardware store in Buriram so I asked the sales rep for the pressure washing equipment your questions. He said the Zinsano Artic needs no consumer maintenance. He did point out that 40 weight oil as in the photo is used for the larger made in Italy Zinsano pressure washers that are heavy duty pressure washers.

post-20604-0-57040400-1411835780_thumb.j

I need  some of that Oil havent changed mine in 2  years, is their a Thai name on it?

The Zinsano Technical representatives at the Buriram Home and Tool Expo told me the Blu Italian made high pressure washer should use DIN 51506 oil such as the Puma high temperature oil. The Puma oil should be available in every province of Thailand.  DIN 51506 VDL lubricants have additives that protect from corrosion and oxidation, and air compression temperatures up to 220°C; recommended for compressors with two stage air compression.Testing the Zinsano High Pressure washers with female models in a soapy pool is a widespread marketing tool in Isaan. 

Oil for Italian High Pressure Washers Buriram Thailand.jpg

Buriram Zinsano Blu pressure washer.JPG

Edited by kamalabob2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

The Zinsano Technical representatives at the Buriram Home and Tool Expo told me the Blu Italian made high pressure washer should use DIN 51506 oil such as the Puma high temperature oil. The Puma oil should be available in every province of Thailand.  DIN 51506 VDL lubricants have additives that protect from corrosion and oxidation, and air compression temperatures up to 220°C; recommended for compressors with two stage air compression.Testing the Zinsano High Pressure washers with female models in a soapy pool is a widespread marketing tool in Isaan. 

Oil for Italian High Pressure Washers Buriram Thailand.jpg

Buriram Zinsano Blu pressure washer.JPG

Thanking you sir!!

Ok now where do I get those two pictured above??:biggrin:

Those two pretties are paid by a high pressure washer importer to appear at the Buriram Home Building Expo this week. Crocodile Brand hoes, shovels and machetes are but one of many tool brands which elect to pay female models to explain product features in Isaan. 

Female Models with cutting tools at Buriram Home Building Expo.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My update: bought the Zinsano Atlantic 11. it sat idle for the past 3 months, until I got a work crew in, 2-3 weeks ago. The washer has preformed admirably (although not as visually attractive as using  soapy models, to which idea my wise wife drew the line the sand).  several small and large projects around the property. I had all (40 meters) of the Winsor gutters pressure cleaned in half a day, whilst they were taken down. We were refinishing the exterior of the house in smart board, as the house is at the beach. where top line metal paint does not preform well, if not applied properly.   I've spent a small fortune using metal paint, over the past 12 years,  (nobody in this region knows how to apply metal paint properly). Smart board allows me to switch to a water-based paint finish. final note - is punning a lost art.  ? 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

You can buy a small pressure washer at Big C, Tesco, Makro, Homepro, Global House, ThaiWatsadu or via Lazada. However no matter what you pay to buy a pressure washer you might someday want it fixed the same day. Good luck with any of the above on repairs. The "send to Bangkok" process is fraught with delays, misunderstandings, hidden costs and rude surprises. You might consider buying a Karcher or Zinsano or Hitachi or Bosch pressure washer from a store that actually fixes the unit. No matter what size. I've owned a Karcher that I bought in 2007 in Bangkok at HomeWorks and it works fine 12 years later. It cost over 20K, so I eye with interest models from Zinsano that represent a decent value in Thailand. The pressure washer that Buriram Supply air conditioning staff bring to my home for the annual cleaning is under 100 bar.  Jack's Resort in Buriram cleans each hotel room a/c unit once every two months with a small Zinsano pressure washer. 

Buriram Bosch High Pressure Washer Delivery Thailand.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, kamalabob2 said:

You can buy a small pressure washer at Big C, Tesco, Makro, Homepro, Global House, ThaiWatsadu or via Lazada. However no matter what you pay to buy a pressure washer you might someday want it fixed the same day. Good luck with any of the above on repairs. The "send to Bangkok" process is fraught with delays, misunderstandings, hidden costs and rude surprises. You might consider buying a Karcher or Zinsano or Hitachi or Bosch pressure washer from a store that actually fixes the unit. No matter what size. I've owned a Karcher that I bought in 2007 in Bangkok at HomeWorks and it works fine 12 years later. It cost over 20K, so I eye with interest models from Zinsano that represent a decent value in Thailand. The pressure washer that Buriram Supply air conditioning staff bring to my home for the annual cleaning is under 100 bar.  Jack's Resort in Buriram cleans each hotel room a/c unit once every two months with a small Zinsano pressure washer. 

Buriram Bosch High Pressure Washer Delivery Thailand.jpg

Thank you, do you mean that Zinsano is selling one that is under 100 bars and that it should be ok to clean aircon indoor units ?

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your question is answered in the other thread.

Specifically what other thread would that be?

But as for Zinsano washers their lowest pressure washer is the Nile at 90 bar.  Now while you could clean the A/C "outside" unit safely at 90 bar by spraying the outside of unit you would need to keep the spray head a foot or so away from the fins to keep from bending them....and how some A/C units are mounted so close to the wall you might not be able to keep that safe distance. 

And trying to clean the "inside" unit with 90 bars of pressure would be very problematic due to the distance you would need to keep the spray head away from the fins and small plastic (easily breakable) components.    Maybe the guy rigged up some pressure regulator/reduce to safely and effectively use a high pressure washer using 90 or more bars by knocking the pressure way down.

Professional pressure washers designed for A/C cleaning are small and lower pressure...."20 bars max" is recommended for cleaning an A/C.   Karcher makes several pressure washers for this purpose....one model runs at 20 bar and another model is adjustable from 20 to 100 bars.  Usually such models start at around Bt7,000.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Specifically what other thread would that be?

But as for Zinsano washers their lowest pressure washer is the Nile at 90 bar.  Now while you could clean the A/C "outside" unit safely at 90 bar by spraying the outside of unit you would need to keep the spray head a foot or so away from the fins to keep from bending them....and how some A/C units are mounted so close to the wall you might not be able to keep that safe distance. 

And trying to clean the "inside" unit with 90 bars of pressure would be very problematic due to the distance you would need to keep the spray head away from the fins and small plastic (easily breakable) components.    Maybe the guy rigged up some pressure regulator/reduce to safely and effectively use a high pressure washer using 90 or more bars by knocking the pressure way down.

Professional pressure washers designed for A/C cleaning are small and lower pressure...."20 bars max" is recommended for cleaning an A/C.   Karcher makes several pressure washers for this purpose....one model runs at 20 bar and another model is adjustable from 20 to 100 bars.  Usually such models start at around Bt7,000.

Thank you so much ! so you clearly think that 100 bars is too much ?

But I haven't found any 20 bars washer, can you help me please ? Lazada ?

Or how can i reduce the pressure of a 100 bars washer ? Any tweak ?

Thanks again.

Edited by myshem

I found this on lazada

https://goo.gl/mf57vy

8pcs/set Portable 80W 116PSI 12V High Pressure Car Electric Washer Wash Pump

116 psi is 8 bars

https://www.google.com/search?q=116+psi+to+bars

Is it enough ?

Also, it should be possible to buy a 12v water pump with more than 116 psi pressure ?

Then it would be the perfect 20 bars washer for aircon ?

Can you confirm that the pump on photo is a standard water pump ?

image.png.8823c63fd2d1a3867f170a1798c92ebf.png

Edited by myshem

28 minutes ago, myshem said:

Thank you so much ! so you clearly think that 100 bars is too much ?

But I haven't found any 20 bars washer, can you help me please ? Lazada ?

Or how can i reduce the pressure of a 100 bars washer ? Any tweak ?

Thanks again.

Sure....Karcher k2.420...adjustable pressure from 20 to 100 bars. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/karcher-k-2420-air-con-high-pressure-washer-i3297216-s4014303.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.28.14511c84HIeU3D&search=1

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, myshem said:

I found this on lazada

https://goo.gl/mf57vy

8pcs/set Portable 80W 116PSI 12V High Pressure Car Electric Washer Wash Pump

116 psi is 8 bars

https://www.google.com/search?q=116+psi+to+bars

Is it enough ?

Also, it should be possible to buy a 12v water pump with more than 116 psi pressure ?

Then it would be the perfect 20 bars washer for aircon ?

Can you confirm that the pump on photo is a standard water pump ?

image.png.8823c63fd2d1a3867f170a1798c92ebf.png

These kind of pumps will work fine...they are the sold as parts auto wash kits which come with pump like above, hoses, nozzles, etc...etc...etc.    But the problem is they are geared to plug into your auto 12V power outlet....not really good for cleaning air cons in in your residence as you then need to buy a separate 12V, 6 to 10amp power supply.  But if going this route better to buy a car wash kit.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/12v-65w-high-pressure-self-priming-electric-car-wash-washer-water-pump-sprayer-i221294168-s337533554.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.b73b632bjcSU4C&search=1

What will work fine in cleaning an inside unit is the simple pressure from your home water system probably running around 2 to 4 bars/30 to 60psi.    For around 10 years now I've been cleaning my own home A/Cs...for the inside unit I simply used a pressure wand like below hook to my lawn water tap/hose...I've got two wands....one just like below and another one with a 90 degree curve.  And I've got an A/C wash/catchment bags (two different sizes) with hose to drain into bucket. 

Example of Pressure Wand

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/shuaicai-high-pressure-power-washer-spray-nozzle-water-hose-wand-attachment-washing-tool-i265073358-s411947865.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.18b5b74eW8XtGL&search=1 

Example of A/C Washer Bags

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bag-household-washing-cleaning-home-waterproof-air-conditioner-cover-anti-dust-i285504572-s465668380.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.6.4557528eno6zaa&search=1

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1

Here's my setup for spray washing my home "inside" units (got 7 units) using my home water system pressure of approx 3 bars.  Two pressure wands with adjustable nozzles and a very flexible hose that connects to my regular lawn water hose.  The yellow hose in the picture is very flexible and I use it for the final 3 meters of the hose connection.   That little off-off valve in the picture I really don't use anymore....I use to put it between the wand and hose connection just for a safety cutoff in case the hose came off the wand.   Below setup is cheap...easy to use...works like a charm if you are a DIYer to in cleaning your A/C units.    I also first spray the inside unit with some A/C foam cleaner...let that soak for about 15 minutes and then water spray it with below setup.

For my "outside" units I just use a regular water hose nozzle and sometimes my Zinsano 120 bar pressure washer to clean the outside fins if they are really dirty "but maintaining a safe distance away from the fins."  It's really best to spray from the inside of the outside unit which means taking the fan grille off so the water pressure will push dirt between the fins outward...push the back the way the dirt came in.  But usually I just use my water hose with regular nozzle.  Yeap...been doing it 10 years this way.

image.png.5af9a3c617e1aa1fc2fc9eb49e8d15fc.png

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, johng said:

Are the "pressure wands" borrowed from some of those hand pump up type chemical sprayer bottles...or did/can you buy them separately ?

You can buy pressure wands separately....like off Ebay and Lazada....and many times Thai hardware stores.  I bought mine off Ebay years ago.....but they are listed on Lazada also.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Easy to buy genuine Zinsano accessory or replacement parts for the better series of high pressure washers at any full line Zinsano dealer. Probably not Big C, HomePro, Robinson's, Tesco or Makro in Buriram. The Zinsano rep in this photo understands and speaks English. I've enjoyed the Caspian pressure washer with Induction motor. It seems to have the same power s the Karcher pressure washer I bought in 2007 at HomeWorks in Bangkok. 

Buriram Zinsano Induction Motor High Pressure Sprayer.jpg

• Like 1