Honda cbr650 2014

so, the bike is coming out of the mill soon. They said if no delays and all goes planned, new bike will arrive at teh end of this year or begigni of next as 2014 model. I will buy this as my last bike in Thailand and try to keep cbr500r as a commuter.

Not sure if it will be a supersport etc but a current talk with one of the engine designer is teh bike is made for compete with kawa 636 and they said Honda want is better that kawa 636 as well.

So, if you hear any rumors, hard facts or any information about new cbr650 made in Thailand, just post it here.

Hope to see cbr650rr as a supersport, finally my best day in Thailand is coming!

Thanks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would engine designers for a global company like Honda not be under some sort of secrecy pact in their contract for bikes that are still in the design stage? huh.png

Maybe it was the same designer who was making some extra money on the side working as a truck driver for Honda in the Isaan whistling.gif

Would engine designers for a global company like Honda not be under some sort of secrecy pact in their contract for bikes that are still in the design stage? huh.png

Of course, it's part of the contract, trade secrets, etc.

But people love to talk, and stuff like this leaks even in the west. In Thailand I'd imagine nobody really cares. It's not like the guy handed over the blueprints of anything. It's just rumors.

I wonder why I see no real evidence (pictures), the story that it's to protect the informant is a bit useless. With what we know about the Honda informant you could also just publish his name, as we know which location he works, we know which department he works and we know which section. What means we can limit the amount of people to 1 or 2 persons, and as one lives not really near the factory and is a real quite guy with a wife and children my bet is I know who he is... and guess if I can connect the points I bet people doing security at Honda can narrow it down much faster and probably eliminate any and all doubt.

So if the Honda informant still has a job, the story is probably not 100% accurate. First Honda is absolutely not jealous about the Kawasaki ZX6R 636, and has no intentions to replace the Honda CBR600R with a CBR650R, basically Honda needs the CBR600R to be a production model for many years to come. This simply because Honda has a contract to supply CBR600R engines to Moto2 racing, this engines need to be based on a production model. The same rules apply for Supersport racing, in which a 4-cylinder, four-stroke, engine can be between 400 to 600cc, a triple-cylinder engine can be 500 to 675cc in size and a four-stroke twin-cylinder engine can be between 600 to 750cc.

The change to the Kawasaki ZX6R, to move from 599cc to 636cc is a bit of a surprise to many people, as Kawasaki had just closed the 2012 Supersport World Championship as winner. But it is safe to say that Honda has no plans to replace the CBR600R as they won 8 Supersport championships in the last 10 years. Also the deal with Dorna (the company behind the MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 racing) is very profitable...

I wonder why I see no real evidence (pictures), the story that it's to protect the informant is a bit useless. With what we know about the Honda informant you could also just publish his name, as we know which location he works, we know which department he works and we know which section. What means we can limit the amount of people to 1 or 2 persons, and as one lives not really near the factory and is a real quite guy with a wife and children my bet is I know who he is... and guess if I can connect the points I bet people doing security at Honda can narrow it down much faster and probably eliminate any and all doubt.

So if the Honda informant still has a job, the story is probably not 100% accurate. First Honda is absolutely not jealous about the Kawasaki ZX6R 636, and has no intentions to replace the Honda CBR600R with a CBR650R, basically Honda needs the CBR600R to be a production model for many years to come. This simply because Honda has a contract to supply CBR600R engines to Moto2 racing, this engines need to be based on a production model. The same rules apply for Supersport racing, in which a 4-cylinder, four-stroke, engine can be between 400 to 600cc, a triple-cylinder engine can be 500 to 675cc in size and a four-stroke twin-cylinder engine can be between 600 to 750cc.

The change to the Kawasaki ZX6R, to move from 599cc to 636cc is a bit of a surprise to many people, as Kawasaki had just closed the 2012 Supersport World Championship as winner. But it is safe to say that Honda has no plans to replace the CBR600R as they won 8 Supersport championships in the last 10 years. Also the deal with Dorna (the company behind the MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 racing) is very profitable...

Hi Richard, I wonder why you're so adamant about this. I seem to recall you came on this forum and declared that the er6n definitely wouldn't be released in Thailand - this was a couple of months before it was [wait for it...] released in Thailand.

Personally if Karlos says he's seen pictures of this then I believe him. He has nothing to gain from posting misleading information whereas you (or your company) are actively involved in the promotion of alternatives to this bike such as the Benelli.

So (with no offence intended) please excuse me if I take your post with a pinch of salt.

yeah same every year!!!

before it was er6f/n will never be released.

last year it was cbr500 will be never made in Thailand

and this year cbr650, honda does not need a cbr650.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/?p=5841148

man c'mon!

but, cbr600f is pending for a replacement as it has been more than 5 years cbr50f is around and honda just released cbr600r so maybe honda will do cbr600f here?

I am OK for a cbr600f as well actually it might be even better for Thailand!

yeah same every year!!!

before it was er6f/n will never be released.

last year it was cbr500 will be never made in Thailand

and this year cbr650, honda does not need a cbr650.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/?p=5841148

man c'mon!

but, cbr600f is pending for a replacement as it has been more than 5 years cbr50f is around and honda just released cbr600r so maybe honda will do cbr600f here?

I am OK for a cbr600f as well actually it might be even better for Thailand!

For what I said about the Kawasaki ER6N, we have to go back to 2007, and the Kawasaki people where absolutely not convinced that two motorcycles (Ninja 650R and the ER6N) so much technically related would sell in Thailand. The Kawasaki Ninja 250R was just introduced and at that time a lot of people at Kawasaki management didn't want to take the responsibility for introducing a motorcycle that would fail.

For the Honda CBR500R I can only remember that I posted a question where the CBR500R was manufactured, as in the Thai media (Bangkok Post and The Nation newspaper) the Honda Thailand CEO used the words “ASSEMBLED IN THAILAND”. In that discussion I didn't specify any ideas about the manufacturing country?

For the 650cc, discussed here... I not saying anything about Honda doing it or not doing it, it only makes less sense to make a 650cc if you a strong market leader in that section. It therefore makes much more sense that Honda would produce a twin-cylinder 650cc as they have the means to do it and sell it... Not forget two engine sizes on one chassis is much more profit....

Maybe they will make a CBR650 and it would be an interesting machine. For the 2014 Honda CB600F you're right it's time to get an upgrade but not the 650cc you are suggesting. You can read all about the new 2014 Honda CB600F if you search the internet.

yeah, but i think Honda wants to follow kawa and others on adding more ccs to the engines.

as if your competitor is coming with higher cc motorbikes, you have to do something otherwise you lose your market share.

Like honda is releasing a cbr300r as clearly cbr250 does not have a chance against a ninja 300 both on marketing, performance and psychological reasons

also ducati is adding more ccs on its bikes too and triumph etc they have 675 cc bikes as well.

yeah, but i think Honda wants to follow kawa and others on adding more ccs to the engines.

as if your competitor is coming with higher cc motorbikes, you have to do something otherwise you lose your market share.

Like honda is releasing a cbr300r as clearly cbr250 does not have a chance against a ninja 300 both on marketing, performance and psychological reasons

also ducati is adding more ccs on its bikes too and triumph etc they have 675 cc bikes as well.

As I specify before, Triumph can sell a 675cc and still race Supersport bike racing because they use a 3-cylinder engine. Yamaha can also add more CC to the engine as they seem to be planning more triple-cylinder engines...

Kawasaki cannot compete anymore in the Supersport championship as they have no homologated motorcycle. The current 636cc 4-cylinder Kawasaki ZX6R is not according to the specification set by the governing body of Supersport racing.

And in Thailand the rules for racing are probably not that strict, but in Europe or the USA a 636cc cannot even participate in an amateur Supersport race. Basically Kawasaki has pulled out of more motorsport events than any other manufacturer...

Kawasaki was with the old 600cc ZX6R champion for 2012, and they currently sell probably a good amount of motorcycles as they're seen as the Supersport winners.

Kawasaki cannot compete anymore in the Supersport championship as they have no homologated motorcycle. The current 636cc 4-cylinder Kawasaki ZX6R is not according to the specification set by the governing body of Supersport racing.

AMA has allowed it in their series

Oh, Good Grief: AMA Homologates the 636cc 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R for Supersport Class Racing

AMA Pro Racing continues to show that it’s homolo-flexible when it comes to supersport regulations, as America’s premier road racing series has homologated the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and its 636cc engine displacement to compete in the supersport class (the new ZX-6R is also homologated for the Daytona Sport Bike class as well).

Oh, Good Grief: AMA Homologates the 636cc 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R for Supersport Class Racing

AMA Pro Racing continues to show that it’s homolo-flexible when it comes to supersport regulations, as America’s premier road racing series has homologated the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and its 636cc engine displacement to compete in the supersport class (the new ZX-6R is also homologated for the Daytona Sport Bike class as well).

I also read that the Kawasaki ZX6R 636 is allowed to race in the USA, but not without restrictions, so can the bike not weigh less than 170kg (375lbs). This sounds not so much compared to the regular road bike, but if race teams prepare a regular motorcycle for racing they seriously reduce the weight.

AMA Pro Racing continues to show that its homolo-flexible when it comes to supersport regulations, as Americas premier road racing series has homologated the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and its 636cc engine displacement to compete in the supersport class (the new ZX-6R is also homologated for the Daytona Sport Bike class as well).

I also read that the Kawasaki ZX6R 636 is allowed to race in the USA, but not without restrictions, so can the bike not weigh less than 170kg (375lbs). This sounds not so much compared to the regular road bike, but if race teams prepare a regular motorcycle for racing they seriously reduce the weight.

A new release in Thailand is never official until Richard-BKK has come on ThaiVisa to confirm it will never happen.

Once that happens, you have between 2 and 6 months to get your deposit together (the number of convoluted stories he quotes in his denial is inversely proportional to the number of months you have to wait).

Happy days Dicky! :)

A new release in Thailand is never official until Richard-BKK has come on ThaiVisa to confirm it will never happen.

Once that happens, you have between 2 and 6 months to get your deposit together (the number of convoluted stories he quotes in his denial is inversely proportional to the number of months you have to wait).

Happy days Dicky! smile.png

I wonder where you read I say that the Honda 650cc inline four is not coming? The only thing I say is that Honda is not jealous about the Kawasaki ZX6R 646 sales, also I not see Honda replacing the CBR600R or the CB600F.

As I explained before Honda makes a good makes a good profit with the CBR600R, and for the 2014 Honda CB600F you can find much more information on the internet with pictures design sketches and Honda dealer briefings about the upcoming 2014 CB600F.

So in short for you again, I only said that Honda is likely not to replace the Honda CB600R, CBR600RR or the CB600F.

^ richard i guess everyone assumed that you think Honda won't make a 650 inline 4 when you said they are not replacing the 600. I take it what you really meant to say is that you have no idea whether they will make a 650 but if they do, they will not give up on the 600?

Whatever. What matters is that they will make an inline 4 in Thailand. The 600 is an awesome bike but way overpriced in Thailand thanks to import taxes. This new 650 will be priced competitively.

• 4 weeks later...

Thai Superbike saying they heard a new Honda 650 4 cyl will be at the Motor Expo in November 28th 2013

They are saying it will cost 260-280k baht

Also have 85 hp at 10,500 rev

6 speed tranny

Steel frame & steel swingarm

Double disk front brake

Yet they say no Prolink swingarm?

They ask is it just a rumor yet they seem to have a lot of info

So this could be the one Karlos & LL were speaking of awhile back.

yes, the bike is coming soon and i would like to be the first one in this world to get the red version againbiggrin.png

Time to create an unofficial waiting list. I will go nowadays to Bigwing anyway so in the meantime would like to arrange it.

most probably, it will be around 85 - 90 hp as i think the guy told me like the bike will compete with zx6r is lost in translation, i think he was mentioning about kawa er6f then.

i am sad though it will have a steel chassis instead of aluminium but for 280 k what else we can expect. I hope it will not be super heavy! finger crossed for a weight less than 210 kg.

Also it looks like the limiter will be around 11,000 rpm, I was expecting at least 12,000 but still good.

hope it looks good too.

I hope we can get a price of 260 - 280 as i am expecting a little more maybe close to 300 k with ABS as standard.

And, hope for an inverted fork and better suspension.

Besides, kawa will suffer a lot and who will buy a Benelli?

Archived