Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, the bike is coming soon and i would like to be the first one in this world to get the red version againbiggrin.png

Time to create an unofficial waiting list. I will go nowadays to Bigwing anyway so in the meantime would like to arrange it.

most probably, it will be around 85 - 90 hp as i think the guy told me like the bike will compete with zx6r is lost in translation, i think he was mentioning about kawa er6f then.

i am sad though it will have a steel chassis instead of aluminium but for 280 k what else we can expect. I hope it will not be super heavy! finger crossed for a weight less than 210 kg.

Also it looks like the limiter will be around 11,000 rpm, I was expecting at least 12,000 but still good.

hope it looks good too.

I hope we can get a price of 260 - 280 as i am expecting a little more maybe close to 300 k with ABS as standard.

And, hope for an inverted fork and better suspension.

Besides, kawa will suffer a lot and who will buy a Benelli?

If peak power is at 10,500 then I'd imagine the limiter would be a bit higher than 11,000. Peak power is normally quite a bit before the limiter, not just 500 rpm.

I'll probably buy this as well, I'd have preferred an aluminium frame even if that put the price up by 10% but let's wait and see. Be interesting to see what else emerges in November but I'm thinking this will be my next bike if the spec and price turns out to be close to what's predicted (which I suspect it is). The timing would be about right for me as well if it's released early next year...

^ Who would buy a Benelli anyway?

Hopefully the value of the 500s won't get hit too hard as I'll be trading mine in to get the 650.

we will get hit eventually wong.

best time to sell is now actually but i cannot live without a big bike if i sell it fast. also they say November for bookings and we get the bikes again sure two months later.

i will just trade my bike, i am sure i can get a price around 160 k - 170 k at least for cbr500 from bigwing.

my aim is putting 100 k thb on top of what i can get from cbr500r and get the cbr650(r or f?)

and also i think the bike will be closer to cbr600f than cbr600r.

and yes, Benelli will have hard days ahead, kawa has lots of other models.

if honda releases this cbr650, i am sure the sales of kawa er6f/n wil hurt a lot.

this mean, Kawasaki will come with something similar to compete (apart fro z800)!!!

yes, the bike is coming soon and i would like to be the first one in this world to get the red version againbiggrin.png

Time to create an unofficial waiting list. I will go nowadays to Bigwing anyway so in the meantime would like to arrange it.

most probably, it will be around 85 - 90 hp as i think the guy told me like the bike will compete with zx6r is lost in translation, i think he was mentioning about kawa er6f then.

i am sad though it will have a steel chassis instead of aluminium but for 280 k what else we can expect. I hope it will not be super heavy! finger crossed for a weight less than 210 kg.

Also it looks like the limiter will be around 11,000 rpm, I was expecting at least 12,000 but still good.

hope it looks good too.

I hope we can get a price of 260 - 280 as i am expecting a little more maybe close to 300 k with ABS as standard.

And, hope for an inverted fork and better suspension.

Besides, kawa will suffer a lot and who will buy a Benelli?

If peak power is at 10,500 then I'd imagine the limiter would be a bit higher than 11,000. Peak power is normally quite a bit before the limiter, not just 500 rpm.

I'll probably buy this as well, I'd have preferred an aluminium frame even if that put the price up by 10% but let's wait and see. Be interesting to see what else emerges in November but I'm thinking this will be my next bike if the spec and price turns out to be close to what's predicted (which I suspect it is). The timing would be about right for me as well if it's released early next year...

and yes jonnyf, timing is just right, was just about to feel like i need more power!

Also will have money that time to pay cash.

and you might be right for redline. hope limiter is around 12,000 rpm at least.

besides, i am also ready to pay 20 percent more for aluminum chassis and swingarm and inverted forks. hope to see.something as they showed it at motorshow once.

you know what Anton Chekhov said once "If there is a rifle shown on the wall, eventually that rifle will fire. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there"

C'mon kawa, you have to do something to compete with hondabiggrin.png

I'm not going to upgrade for at least a year (got to pay the 500 off first) and I'm not so concerned about the power as the 500 is fine for road use, but I want a bigger bike to I can ride longer in more comfort.

C'mon kawa, you have to do something to compete with honda:D

Maybe we better wait till it actually comes out then decide? wink.png

You know as much as I hope this new 4cyl 650 is something good I really have major doubts

& here is why.....

Of course we know we are not getting an RR style bike at this price ....period & that is a fact

Secondly even if not an RR type the very least they could do is hand over a 600F yet again we see they are not

doing that either.

So what does that leave? Of course we like 4 cylinder but hopefully they do not bolt a square engine into a heavy frame

with weak suspension.

But again the new 2014 600F has now been announced & I cannot see them competing with themselves by doing a better than or close to the 600F

650 to sell cheap in Asia. Actually that is what they should have done! Just offer a cheaper steel frame version of the F

But by going 650 they are putting distance between their sport bikes & a low cost Asia alternative. Hope I am wrong but I think this is pointing that way

But will see soon enough

Here is the 2014 CBR600F this is not the new 650

1209234_557290367676016_1135061716_n.jpg

1229939_557290537675999_1568048082_n.jpg

mania the photos above are - cbr600f - is the same one which is around 5 - 6 years?

it looks like it is not a new version.

And sure cbr650 will not be an rr. But i hope what we are getting here is the new generation cbr600f at least as cbr600f is around long years and in need of a replacement.

If we do not get new gen cbr600f, then yes, this will be an inline four budget bike of Honda for masses around the world including Asia. This bike 100 percent will be imported worldwide like cbr500r.

I am scary of that steel frame too. I do not want to see something like z800 from honda! At least expecting an aluminum swing arm and upside down forks.

And engine is already stated like 10,500 rpm - of course just rumors - so i assume it has a redline over 11,000 rpm so it will not be a super square engine.

mania, whatever it is still a perfect choice and good value with the same price of double thumper kawas and chinese generic Benelli. And the nearest inline four - from a recognized brand - costs maybe more than double the rumored price.

My biggest fear is getting a bike more than 210 kg! if it is less than 210 kg, i am ok for everything. If it is more than 210 kg, i will still buy it but i might keep my cbr500r for city.

As even if we get a 220 kg bike with fairings, we can at least tour around comfortably unlike z800.

lets see, i am excited about this bike.

mania, whatever it is still a perfect choice and good value with the same price of double thumper kawas and chinese generic Benelli.

mania the photos above are - cbr600f

No what I am saying.....is it may not be a perfect choice as #1 it still does not exist.

I have seen this too many times before & dont want to get all excited only to later

find another square engine pig at a good price designed for commuters. Just because it has 4cyl is not

reason enough for great expectations

Yes those pics I posted were as I said of the CBR600F (2011) which btw was never for sale in the USA I believe

But remember what the engine spec was for that 600F?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/11/what-you-cant-have-2011-honda-cbr600f/

I believe that the 2014 CBR600F has 100 horses whereas the rumoured CBR650F has 'only' 85. That aside, if the new 650 looks as good as the new CBR600F and is well priced I think a lot of people will be tempted to pull the trigger and buy one.

Yes that is correct about the HP & what I was getting at.

If you take a Honda 4cyl add 50cc & lose 15% horsepower <if rumors are right >

do not expect anything close to what that 600F was

mania, we are talking about a honda cbr650 made in Thailand, what else did you expect?

cheap components are cheaper here so do workmanship.

they will not be doing a first class bike either otherwise, they do it in Japan.

what i am saying, it has a good price/valeu/perfromance and has 85 hp inline four it is 5 times better than the same price double thumper kawa or benelli. Just the prospect of getting a 650 cc honda inline four made in Thailand for the same price alone is enough for excitement, especially if we are living in Thailand!

and do we have other choices for these prices? or even double that price?

and also it maybe loses 15 percent hp and it might mean it gained 15 percent more torque.

and there is nothing wrong to get excited on a new bike, no excitement no life!

i would love to get excited for the kawa zx6r of course mania but you know Thailand.

what i am saying, it has a good price/valeu/perfromance and has 85 hp inline four it is 5 times better than the same price double thumper kawa or benelli.

Heheh yes but that is what I am saying

Your getting very excited about something that does not exist yet

You are already calling it 5 x better than the ER or Benelli ?

As far as I know both that Benelli & that ER twin put out about the same in HP

as this rumored 650 will

So I do not really understand the unbridled enthusiasm .....yet

But hope is good & hopefully we will see something nice from Honda

what i am saying, it has a good price/valeu/perfromance and has 85 hp inline four it is 5 times better than the same price double thumper kawa or benelli.

Heheh yes but that is what I am saying

Your getting very excited about something that does not exist yet

You are already calling it 5 x better than the ER or Benelli ?

As far as I know both that Benelli & that ER twin put out about the same in HP

as this rumored 650 will

So I do not really understand the unbridled enthusiasm .....yet

But hope is good & hopefully we will see something nice from Honda

unbridled enthuiasm? from a guy posting bike videos/photos everyday? c'mon man!

actually, i really do not understand what is the problem with my enthusiasm?

it does not exist now but even the talks about a inline 4 honda will be made in Thailand is great. it is like when dreams come true. I live here for 6 years and waiting for such a bike man.

I get excited for the prospect bikes in my life, what is wrong with that?

it is better than getting an unbridled enthusiasm for a yamaha racing bike or ducati panigale we will never ownbiggrin.png

This new Honda will be a really good bike.

Why?

Because it will be better than a Benelli!

These Honda folks are cracking me up thumbsup.gif

just read the post wantan before swimming in the shallow waters!

we are talking about our options here and yes, if rumors are correct it will be better than a Benelli/Keeway/Generic - god knows what is that.

Is this wrong to say?

Sorry

I did not mean to dampen your excitement

yes I understand what you mean & yes I like motorcycling hence the vids & pics & rumors etc.

It is all good.

I just thought it was a little early to proclaim the rumor 5x better than the existing.

But like I said hopefully Honda does something nice.

This new Honda will be a really good bike.

Why?

Because it will be better than a Benelli!

These Honda folks are cracking me up thumbsup.gif

just read the post wantan before swimming in the shallow waters!

we are talking about our options here and yes, if rumors are correct it will be better than a Benelli/Keeway/Generic - god knows what is that.

Is this wrong to say?

Seems you don't get it. If a Honda is a "really good bike" just because its better than a Benelli, then a Benelli can't be that bad.

I don't say that a Honda is always better than a Benelli. I will wait for the bike to have a look at the facts, rather than just having a brand name.

And if its same/better than the Benelli 600, i am sure they will lower the price for the TNT600. Competition is a good thing. Same happened with the SYM300cc Scooter when the Forza came.

They say the grass from the neighbor is always greener, and the same applies to a not yet released motorcycles which people whispering about...

The Honda 650cc is for now a mythical two-wheeler and when it will be released we will have to look if it's really a competitor in the 600 ~ 650cc sportsbike market or the nakedbike market.

Personally I still not confidences that Honda would release a inline-four in the current market, with all respect for what the person believed he saw at the Honda facility... I would as easily had saw a inline twin two-stroke that runs exclusively on E85... or even some other exotic engine... Honda engineers in Thailand develop, build prototypes and research on a lot of engines that will never be used in a production motorcycle.

For example, for the current Honda 500 series, Honda develop, prototype, and researched about 5 engines and a few sub models, in total it was a good amount of engines, which where not all 471cc (the combustion variations were from 450 to 650cc).

Sorry

I did not mean to dampen your excitement

yes I understand what you mean & yes I like motorcycling hence the vids & pics & rumors etc.

It is all good.

I just thought it was a little early to proclaim the rumor 5x better than the existing.

But like I said hopefully Honda does something nice.

no worries mania. you are right too. just sometime get too excited. bikes are my life you know.

and i love following your videos/photos everyday. they make my day and i appreciate it. please do not get me wrong.

and i just said this bike will be a better value than other options around if rumored specs are true.

and for all of us here, i hope they are true and we get a nice inline 4 bike made in thailand.

as i know, the rest like kawasaki etc will follow. think about how cbr250 pushed kawa ninja 250 up.

They say the grass from the neighbor is always greener, and the same applies to a not yet released motorcycles which people whispering about...

The Honda 650cc is for now a mythical two-wheeler and when it will be released we will have to look if it's really a competitor in the 600 ~ 650cc sportsbike market or the nakedbike market.

Personally I still not confidences that Honda would release a inline-four in the current market, with all respect for what the person believed he saw at the Honda facility... I would as easily had saw a inline twin two-stroke that runs exclusively on E85... or even some other exotic engine... Honda engineers in Thailand develop, build prototypes and research on a lot of engines that will never be used in a production motorcycle.

For example, for the current Honda 500 series, Honda develop, prototype, and researched about 5 engines and a few sub models, in total it was a good amount of engines, which where not all 471cc (the combustion variations were from 450 to 650cc).

been following everything about this bike release from the start and im actually with richard im not convinced its gonna be an inline 4 ,the early rumours of this bike was always that it was gonna be a twin i guess time will tell.

God, I hope it's horrible or pushed back, or expensive as hell...

Because I need to sell my Ninja in April and I don't want my wallet to take too much of a beating....

Honda don't have the required skills to make a bike as horrible as Kawasaki (thinking Z800), so I think you're going to be out of luck.

^ As others have mentioned it seems a luxury to have a single sided swingarm, but I'm not complaining. These Japanese magazines also have a habit of photoshopping new models rather than getting actual photos.

It's still going to be my next bike. :)

^ As others have mentioned it seems a luxury to have a single sided swingarm, but I'm not complaining. These Japanese magazines also have a habit of photoshopping new models rather than getting actual photos.

It's still going to be my next bike. smile.png

Yeah looks like they've photoshopped a combination of the CBR600F, CBR500 and CBR600RR to me. I doubt it will have a single sided swingarm, but USD forks and 4 cylinders will be enough for me to buy it if it's sold at a local price.

Holly smokes... this bike looks gorgeous on the jap magazine shot.

Why honda would release in 650cc twin if they already have 3 bikes 500cc twin?

it has to be inline 4, otherwise it makes no sense.

Kawasaki: 300cc twin, 650cc twin, 800/1000/1400 inline four

Honda: 250cc single, 500cc twin, 600/650/1000 inline four

makes sense?

also note the letter F at the end of the model name , means Four cylinder I believe.

Archived