Honda cbr650 2014

As I said before, Honda is internationally trying to promote the new 2014 Honda CB600F...

The new 2014 Honda CB600F is just another indication that Honda has no desire to introduce a 650cc inline-four, especially with Honda leading the race of the most efficient around 650cc twin-cylinder engine motorcycle engine....

In the contrary of what some people of some forums would like to believe, the race is now-a-days not about the best performance per cubic meter.... The race is more about owners experience, comfort and ridabilty and cost per kilometer....again Honda beast anybody in the market....

But to say that they will introduce a 650cc inline-four is not really a thing after they introduced the 2014 Honda CB600F....

You seem to be on a roll, could you tell us what else not to expect, so we can expect them?

tongue.png

You beat me to it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And specs.

Cbr650f is 211 kg and f is 208 kg. Just over 210.

Not bad still a bit heavy for city.

87 hp at 11.000 rpm and 63 nm at 8000 rpm. Good!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Same weight as the Ninja650, but with 16 more hp, but same torque. How much are the Ninjas in Thailand?

You forgot to mention the exhaust note... Which will sound 10000000000000000000 better than a twin. smile.png

Nonsense! My CB500 hasn't got an exhaust note! blink.png

But the 4 cylinder sounds sooooo sweet.

The Ninja 650 is 291K OTD now.

Pricing will largely depend on whether is will be made here. Any word on where it will be made yet? I think it will need to be sub-350K to compete with the Ninja 650 and CBR 500.

Kawasaki cannot compete anymore in the Supersport championship as they have no homologated motorcycle. The current 636cc 4-cylinder Kawasaki ZX6R is not according to the specification set by the governing body of Supersport racing.

AMA has allowed it in their series

Oh, Good Grief: AMA Homologates the 636cc 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R for Supersport Class Racing

AMA Pro Racing continues to show that its homolo-flexible when it comes to supersport regulations, as Americas premier road racing series has homologated the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and its 636cc engine displacement to compete in the supersport class (the new ZX-6R is also homologated for the Daytona Sport Bike class as well).

I also read that the Kawasaki ZX6R 636 is allowed to race in the USA, but not without restrictions, so can the bike not weigh less than 170kg (375lbs). This sounds not so much compared to the regular road bike, but if race teams prepare a regular motorcycle for racing they seriously reduce the weight.

A new release in Thailand is never official until Richard-BKK has come on ThaiVisa to confirm it will never happen.

Once that happens, you have between 2 and 6 months to get your deposit together (the number of convoluted stories he quotes in his denial is inversely proportional to the number of months you have to wait).

Happy days Dicky! :)

And here we are... RichardBKK spouting nonsense again. At least he's been here long enough to predict it.

I'm amazed how the big bike market has changed in my time here, I remember being sooooo excited about the Ninja 250 rumours in 2007 and now I can't decide between 5 or 6 really good bikes available here sub 500k baht. Good times, and dry season is pretty much upon us :)

head light looks like it is from cb500x and stoplight from honda msx! no good.

did not like the silver coloured and angled swing arm and the hole located on the mid section of the bike just under the seat looks like that part was eaten by rats!

besides, god bless there is optional pillion seat cover!

overall, it looks good, not a busy design but still feel very bad for the absence of an adjustable inverted fork:(

and no full red colour?

gold rims on cb650f and might be deciding factor for many. also small fairing looks effective enough for wind and a windscreen will not look awkward on it. well done.

but we cant get all we want all the time from honda in thailand - or you pay 200 k thb more and go for a ducati hyperstrada.

post-184955-0-59596000-1383657875_thumb.

post-184955-0-57475700-1383657886_thumb.

post-184955-0-65764200-1383658369_thumb.

[......]

And here we are... RichardBKK spouting nonsense again. At least he's been here long enough to predict it.

I'm amazed how the big bike market has changed in my time here, I remember being sooooo excited about the Ninja 250 rumours in 2007 and now I can't decide between 5 or 6 really good bikes available here sub 500k baht. Good times, and dry season is pretty much upon us smile.png

Yep, same here. I was super excited about the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 in 2008 - couldn't believe it, finally a "big bike" that wasn't scraped together from grey import parts. A brand new bike, made here, with service and warranty! Wow!!

Imagine you'd told anyone in 2008 that we're going to see a Honda 650 inline 4, the Z-800, and a Ducati Hypermotard all made in Thailand... they'd have called you crazy.

BMW is supposed to build bikes here soon too, next 1 - 2 years...

Thailand is now officially rider paradise with all these new bikes coming out, good weather up north, great mountain roads, cheap living, etc.... smile.png

no more reason to go home, except for a good hamburger.

Along with the CBR 650 F there also seems to be a CB 650 F naked coming too ! tons of pics here:

New 2014 Honda CBR 650 F & CB 650 F

That CB650F doesn't look very appealing.

On the other hand the CBR650F is licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

it looks better from the rear, just like an ugly naked woman would smile.png

Ah, you know my sister Wunda?

not sure, i only ever see the top of her head.

5 colours for the CB650F have been announced, but as ever, not every market will have every colour. Surprisingly, no red available, so I have to hope the yellow is here.

Pearl Metalloid White (Tricolour)
Pearl Himalayas White
Matt Gunpowder Black Metallic
Sword Silver Metallic
Pearl Queen Bee Yellow

I know I'll get slated for this but whay are you all raving about a 210 kg 85 bhp 4 cylinder CBR with a steel frame and conventional suspension?

The last time Honda made a mid-range CBR with those technical specs was 1988! 25 years ago!!! (actually the 1988 CBR 600 weighed 10 kilos less....)

OK, so of course this one will be available in Thailand at a price expats and rich Thais can afford, and yes the country's infrastructure isn't suited to real modern sport bikes, but come on...... is the fact that the Thai motorcycle range has cought up with the late 1980s really such a big deal?

I know I'll get slated for this but whay are you all raving about a 210 kg 85 bhp 4 cylinder CBR with a steel frame and conventional suspension?

The last time Honda made a mid-range CBR with those technical specs was 1988! 25 years ago!!! (actually the 1988 CBR 600 weighed 10 kilos less....)

OK, so of course this one will be available in Thailand at a price expats and rich Thais can afford, and yes the country's infrastructure isn't suited to real modern sport bikes, but come on...... is the fact that the Thai motorcycle range has cought up with the late 1980s really such a big deal?

Exactly. When the Benelli 600 came out many folks here laughed at the 82 hp it makes but when Honda comes out with a 650cc 4 inline bike that produces only 5hp more then the Benelli sudenly its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Exactly. When the Benelli 600 came out many folks here laughed at the 82 hp it makes but when Honda comes out with a 650cc 4 inline bike that produces only 5hp more then the Benelli sudenly its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

True & the Benelli is about 50lbs lighter

5hp less is expected with 50cc less

They both the 600 & 899 are actually getting popular in Chiangmai

Rightly or wrongly, people are more comfortable spending their hard earned cash on a Honda than a Benelli.

Comparing a supersport to these bikes is stupid.

Normally I'd agree but in this case I do wonder what the CBR 650R has going for it vs. the CBR 600RR?

It seems to cost about the same (US MSRP of the 600RR is USD 11,500 which would be about 345,000 Baht), but is heavier (210 vs 185kg wet), and has less power (85 vs. 105hp. So - what's the upside? Is there an upside? Or is the 650 going to be crazy cheap?

Last years CBR 600F had 75kW and 64Nm, about 100bhp.

This years CBR 650f is 64kW and 63Nm.

I think this bike was tuned for maximums fuel economy. For those of us that doesn't care for fuel economy then an exhaust and ECM should bring it right back up.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Rightly or wrongly, people are more comfortable spending their hard earned cash on a Honda than a Benelli.

true, Honda is a nice, safe bet.

Normally I'd agree but in this case I do wonder what the CBR 650R has going for it vs. the CBR 600RR?

It seems to cost about the same (US MSRP of the 600RR is USD 11,500 which would be about 345,000 Baht), but is heavier (210 vs 185kg wet), and has less power (85 vs. 105hp. So - what's the upside? Is there an upside? Or is the 650 going to be crazy cheap?

it better be...

I don't think it's apples and apples. I don't think they make bikes for the same purpose or market. I could be wrong...

The "problem" with some higher powered and faster sports bikes is that you need about 9,000 rpm to start getting any power. They are built quite nicely for the track.

But for honest daily commuting with "enough" power but at a reasonable street rpm, an engine built for more low end torque and less high rpm horsepower is much more streetable for the average rider. And most buyers are average, and use the bike for transportation, not racing.

If the bike is actually introduced and the price is right, it will probably sell pretty well.

Benelli is 5 hp less ( 8 percent less hp) but also 10 nm less ( 20 percent less it means) on torque as well.

Besides look at rev figures, benelli can give 52 nm torque at 10,500 rpm but honda cbr650f can do it at 8000 rpm! it means much more low and mid power. Also i heard the fueling in Benelli sucks.

maybe benelli is lighter possibly bc of Chinese tin they used on them?

Also, please choose one but be frank: Honda reliability or Benelli reliability? i think this is a no brainer questions, isnt it?

and all this only with a price difference of 40 - 50 k!

On top of that old cbr600f providing its maximum torque at 10,000 rpm and max hp also higher than 11,000 rpm so it looks like they removed the 13 hp from top and put it down to torque which is really superb meaningful for real world as you use top end mostly on track.

And Honda cbr650f will be possibly offering a super linear power like in cbr500r with torque available from 1500 rpm all the way to the redline which you cannot reach this with the bikes produced 25 years ago, just apples to apples and pears to pears guys.

my only gripe is the absence of an adjustable upside down fork and styling should be done better that this but still for around 330 - 340 thb, there is no better value to go for now in Thailand for a proper inline four although it is not holding supersport performance.

Benelli is 5 hp less ( 8 percent less hp) but also 10 nm less ( 20 percent less it means) on torque as well.

Besides look at rev figures, benelli can give 52 nm torque at 10,500 rpm but honda cbr650f can do it at 8000 rpm! it means much more low and mid power. Also i heard the fueling in Benelli sucks.

Also, please choose one but be frank: Honda reliability or Benelli reliability? i think this is a no brainer questions, isnt it?

On top of that old cbr600f providing its maximum torque at 10,000 rpm and max hp also higher than 11,000 rpm so it looks like they removed the 13 hp from top and put it down to torque which is really superb meaningful for real world as you use top end mostly on track.

And Honda cbr650f will be possibly offering a super linear power like in cbr500r with torque available from 1500 rpm all the way to the redline which you cannot reach this with the bikes produced 25 years ago, just apples to apples and pears to pears guys.

my only gripe is the absence of an adjustable upside down fork and styling should be done better that this but still for around 330 - 340 thb, there is no better value to go for now in Thailand for a proper inline four although it is not holding supersport performance.

No brainer ?

Many times people choose bikes that don't make sense, they choose with their hearts. Everybody knows Harleys are overpriced sh.t but they sure sell.

Commuters usually buy bikes that make "sense".

This new honda will be a great bike for sure but will have not much charisma if you know what i mean.

I would guess that they're bikes specifically designed to be good road bikes and built to a price for the growing Asian markets, rather than detuned supersports which are probably not as good for the majority of riders.

No brainer ?

Many times people choose bikes that don't make sense, they choose with their hearts. Everybody knows Harleys are overpriced sh.t but they sure sell.

Commuters usually buy bikes that make "sense".

This new honda will be a great bike for sure but will have not much charisma if you know what i mean.

i asked the no brainer question in regard of reliability!!!

of course we choose our bikes based on many factors emotion, reliability, specs which none of them fit my expectations regarding Benelli but fits near perfect on honda cbr650f. but this depends on the rider, someone likes Benelli, he/she gets benelli, not my concern, but just not me and after all these talk and support from some farang about Benelli here, still noone bought one and write some impressions here! i wonder why? still, honda will release this bike and some people will buy it write their impression pretty soon!

and i agree though with you as a rare situation - sometime we agree on something pokerkid:) - , cbr650f is not a charismatic bike more like a mature bike for mature guy, just in the border of looking boring and looking exciting for me plus more torque low and less top end.

but for real word use, i am sure cbr650f specs are very good.

Archived