Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No brainer ?

Many times people choose bikes that don't make sense, they choose with their hearts. Everybody knows Harleys are overpriced sh.t but they sure sell.

Commuters usually buy bikes that make "sense".

This new honda will be a great bike for sure but will have not much charisma if you know what i mean.

Hey, no fair... smile.png

I have a Harley with 120,000 miles on it (180,000 kms) and it's never had a bolt turned on the engine, after changing cams and lifters when new.

It starts developing gobs of torque at 1,100 RPM and is all in by 4,500 rpm. It cruises at 3,000 rpm. It has a single pin crank which gives it the unique sound at idle, but that sound smooths out by 1,500 rpm. It is the best bike I know of for cruising the USA considering pulling real mountains two up with luggage, and pulling away from a stop sign when loaded up. It is a 5 speed overdrive as they all are and it is a kick-back freeway cruiser and town rider.

Also, the original fit and finish including chrome and paint job on it is much nicer than a Japanese bike. The Harley also handles extremely well.

This is a real good example of a torque priority bike like the Honda in this thread vs a high rpm horsepower priority bike like some Kawi's. ALL are good, it just depends on what you want to do with them. I can't say that a car is better than a pickup for someone. It depends on what his needs and uses are.

Edit: They are not overpriced in the US. Dealers will deal, and I can buy a really nice, upper end new one of choice for $18,000 (560,000 baht.) I can buy a really nice low mileage used one that's about 10 years old for around $7,000 (220,000 baht.) It will have been sitting in someone's garage, not ridden much.

Rightly or wrongly, people are more comfortable spending their hard earned cash on a Honda than a Benelli.

Yesterday, our 2010 Vespa died on me on the way home. Then it recovered when the pick-up came, then it died again. No big deal apart from the inconvenience and wasted time, 500 baht for a new fuel line as the old one had been damaged by gasohol. We had let the bike sit for a week or two.

This morning I fired up the Honda Wave 125i, made in 2005. It had been standing there for two months with gasohol in the tank. Started first try, worked flawlessly. As it has since I got it. In 8 years, I replaced the chain once. That was it. Never broke down, never left me stranded anywhere. It always fires up even after not using it for 3 or 4 or 5 months. Original battery.

I guess this is why people feel more comfortable spending their hard earned cash on a Honda.

I know I'll get slated for this but whay are you all raving about a 210 kg 85 bhp 4 cylinder CBR with a steel frame and conventional suspension?

The last time Honda made a mid-range CBR with those technical specs was 1988! 25 years ago!!! (actually the 1988 CBR 600 weighed 10 kilos less....)

OK, so of course this one will be available in Thailand at a price expats and rich Thais can afford, and yes the country's infrastructure isn't suited to real modern sport bikes, but come on...... is the fact that the Thai motorcycle range has cought up with the late 1980s really such a big deal?

Exactly. When the Benelli 600 came out many folks here laughed at the 82 hp it makes but when Honda comes out with a 650cc 4 inline bike that produces only 5hp more then the Benelli sudenly its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Benelli is 5 hp less ( 8 percent less hp) but also 10 nm less ( 20 percent less it means) on torque as well.

Besides look at rev figures, benelli can give 52 nm torque at 10,500 rpm but honda cbr650f can do it at 8000 rpm! it means much more low and mid power. Also i heard the fueling in Benelli sucks.

maybe benelli is lighter possibly bc of Chinese tin they used on them?

Also, please choose one but be frank: Honda reliability or Benelli reliability? i think this is a no brainer questions, isnt it?

and all this only with a price difference of 40 - 50 k!

On top of that old cbr600f providing its maximum torque at 10,000 rpm and max hp also higher than 11,000 rpm so it looks like they removed the 13 hp from top and put it down to torque which is really superb meaningful for real world as you use top end mostly on track.

And Honda cbr650f will be possibly offering a super linear power like in cbr500r with torque available from 1500 rpm all the way to the redline which you cannot reach this with the bikes produced 25 years ago, just apples to apples and pears to pears guys.

my only gripe is the absence of an adjustable upside down fork and styling should be done better that this but still for around 330 - 340 thb, there is no better value to go for now in Thailand for a proper inline four although it is not holding supersport performance.

+1 great explanation, thanks!

Geared for low end makes total sense... same as the Versys, its a much better bike than the ER-6n, much easier to ride in the twisties thanks to low end torque. Worth giving up some top end HP for sure.

Gladius 650 for me ! smile.png

That promo sheet doesn't do it any favors.

Specificially designed for low and mid end power. How about a fun Honda bike getting manufactured in Thailand.

Do you have a dyno image of the Galdius?

dont want an inline four, too much fuel consumption.

love v-twins and the low end torque that comes with it...but this is a honda thread so i'll shut up now.

Specificially designed for low and mid end power. How about a fun Honda bike getting manufactured in Thailand.

love v-twins and the low end torque that comes with it...but this is a honda thread so i'll shut up now.

Maybe you would actually like this bike then... designed to provide power below 4000 rpm, and with high fuel efficiency in mind. Looks like two reasons you prefer v-twins were actually design goals for this new inline 4 engine.

Maybe you would actually like this bike then... designed to provide power below 4000 rpm, and with high fuel efficiency in mind. Looks like two reasons you prefer v-twins were actually design goals for this new inline 4 engine.

if the shoe fits, i'll wear it...

I know I'll get slated for this but whay are you all raving about a 210 kg 85 bhp 4 cylinder CBR with a steel frame and conventional suspension?

The last time Honda made a mid-range CBR with those technical specs was 1988! 25 years ago!!! (actually the 1988 CBR 600 weighed 10 kilos less....)

OK, so of course this one will be available in Thailand at a price expats and rich Thais can afford, and yes the country's infrastructure isn't suited to real modern sport bikes, but come on...... is the fact that the Thai motorcycle range has cought up with the late 1980s really such a big deal?

Exactly. When the Benelli 600 came out many folks here laughed at the 82 hp it makes but when Honda comes out with a 650cc 4 inline bike that produces only 5hp more then the Benelli sudenly its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Benelli is 5 hp less ( 8 percent less hp) but also 10 nm less ( 20 percent less it means) on torque as well.

Besides look at rev figures, benelli can give 52 nm torque at 10,500 rpm but honda cbr650f can do it at 8000 rpm! it means much more low and mid power. Also i heard the fueling in Benelli sucks.

maybe benelli is lighter possibly bc of Chinese tin they used on them?

Also, please choose one but be frank: Honda reliability or Benelli reliability? i think this is a no brainer questions, isnt it?

and all this only with a price difference of 40 - 50 k!

On top of that old cbr600f providing its maximum torque at 10,000 rpm and max hp also higher than 11,000 rpm so it looks like they removed the 13 hp from top and put it down to torque which is really superb meaningful for real world as you use top end mostly on track.

And Honda cbr650f will be possibly offering a super linear power like in cbr500r with torque available from 1500 rpm all the way to the redline which you cannot reach this with the bikes produced 25 years ago, just apples to apples and pears to pears guys.

my only gripe is the absence of an adjustable upside down fork and styling should be done better that this but still for around 330 - 340 thb, there is no better value to go for now in Thailand for a proper inline four although it is not holding supersport performance.

The fuel-injection system used on the Benelli BN600 is developed and made by the American company Walbro http://www.walbro.com so guess it's the Americans that should take the blame for the bad fueling....

And before people start saying anything about Walbro, make sure that your car or motorcycle doesn't use any parts from them... For instance your Honda car will not have a fuel-tank if it wasn't for Walbro, and Walbro manufacturers many parts for the Thai automotive/motorcycle industry they even have a manufacturing location in Thailand.

rear suspension is not a pro link unit and connect directly to the swign arm like in kawa ers i think to reduce the costs. All i know, a pro link setup is superior than a direct one.

i have a feeling like honda will sell this bike prices close to kawa er6n and f that it will be a winner.

This is a nice pic of the 650 cbr version

Would be nicer if Honda would lose the

front turn signal stalks & go flush mount or put them on the back of the mirrors like

their new 1000

Italian article

http://www.pianetariders.it/2013/11/hondaparla-teishiro-goto-il-650-un-nuovo-concetto-dedicato-ai-giovani/35476

DSC_0104b-620x330.jpg

Looks great in white, seat cowl suits the bike as well. Haven't bought a bike for 3 years but that might be about to change - and a Honda of all things! My first Honda since I laid my leg over the dog that was the 1999 cr250... Hope this one turns better :)

front turn signal stalks & go flush mount or put them on the back of the mirrors like

their new 1000

Italian article

http://www.pianetariders.it/2013/11/hondaparla-teishiro-goto-il-650-un-nuovo-concetto-dedicato-ai-giovani/35476

Posted Image

Link is not working so do the photo.

Please post again i wonder. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

their new 1000

Italian article

DSC_0104b-620x330.jpg

wow looks great in white, unfortunately i cant ride white bikes, cars, etc...always wreck them for some reason.

their new 1000

Italian article

DSC_0104b-620x330.jpg

wow looks great in white, unfortunately i cant ride white bikes, cars, etc...always wreck them for some reason.

"wow looks great in white, unfortunately i cant ride white bikes, cars, etc...always wreck them for some reason." OK, you can't say that without giving us a lot more details. huh.png

Fess up!!! biggrin.png

their new 1000

Italian article

Posted Image

I'm the same with red... but I was Monked into that.. or so the gf sez :D:D:):)

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

their new 1000

Italian article

DSC_0104b-620x330.jpg

"wow looks great in white, unfortunately i cant ride white bikes, cars, etc...always wreck them for some reason." OK, you can't say that without giving us a lot more details. huh.png

Fess up!!! biggrin.png

1st wreck - DT100 (white - oval flat track)

2nd wreck - nissan 200sx (white - drunk curb jump)

3rd wreck - porsche 928 (white - hydroplaned)

4th wreck - mountainbike (white - wheelie flip 2 weeks ago)

I dont know what it is, but i think its best not to get a white sportbike...reds my color thumbsup.gif (not red shirts though !)

http://www.autopromag.com/2013/11/the-kawasaki-ninja-650r-vs-honda-cbr.html#.UoRnCXCmZ8E

a small comparison try.

I am excited to see the cbr650f at Bangkok motor expo on 28th of November. Only 14 days left!

might book one there but got invited to the first test ride of ducati hypermotard and hyperstrada this Sunday afternoon by ducati in Bangkok so that test ride will be a deciding factor for me between honda cbr650f and ducati hyperstrada.

God bless, we have good choices now, it is not like nothing 6 years ago, cbr250 or ninja 250 like 3 years ago or cbr500r or kawa er6f last year man!

http://www.autopromag.com/2013/11/the-kawasaki-ninja-650r-vs-honda-cbr.html#.UoRnCXCmZ8E

a small comparison try.

I am excited to see the cbr650f at Bangkok motor expo on 28th of November. Only 14 days left!

might book one there but got invited to the first test ride of ducati hypermotard and hyperstrada this Sunday afternoon by ducati in Bangkok so that test ride will be a deciding factor for me between honda cbr650f and ducati hyperstrada.

God bless, we have good choices now, it is not like nothing 6 years ago, cbr250 or ninja 250 like 3 years ago or cbr500r or kawa er6f last year man!

29th November ;-)

^

actually me too.

I cannot be more happier with my cbr500r but my problem is i have only Sundays to ride my bike fast on highways or tracks - Saturdays i work, you know Thai offices in Bangkok:(.

So, during my Sundays, i want to ride something fast and more thrilling, a real inline four as i like inline fours, had before. Also, want to do more touring around Thailand next year so need something good, bigger and faster.

I might keep my cbr500r though for the city.

I wish I could say the same but really I cannot.

Yes we have more choices of engine size & config but it is the same watered down

heavy & poorly sprung suspension wise bikes that Thailand is becoming famous for.

The Kawasaki 800 went with decent suspension but could not excuse its piggy weight.

Had high hopes for KTM's since it does the good weight & suspension even if it is a thumper.

But the dealer got greedy & priced it into exclusivity

Mai Bpen Rai TIT

^

Still, we have more amd better options than before.

You will not be seeing a supersport made here soon as people consider easy to ride bikes with more flexibilty not a fierce top end.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was told that it wouldn't be made here but it would be imported, I'm guessing the same like the CBR1000RR, VFR, Goldwing, NC700, Integra....

I'm interested to see what the actual price is going to be. I know the rumored 350,000

Well it's all speculation we just have to wait until the 29th of November. Maybe I'm wrong, who know.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I am excited to see the cbr650f at Bangkok motor expo on 28th of November

What are the details for the show? I looked online but I only saw the pages from the show earlier this year- I might head over if I can free up that weekend- is it at Impact again?

here we go rubbersidedown.

Venue : Challenger 1-3

28 Nov. Press & VIP Day

29 Nov. Grand Charity Day

Monday - Friday at 12.00 - 22.00 hrs.

Saturday / Sunday and Public holidays at 11.00 - 22.00 hrs.

Baht 100 to be charged

Contact Event Organiser

Inter-Media Consultant Co., Ltd.

Tel: 0-2641-8444

Fax: 0-2641-8480

http://www.motorexpo.co.th/2013/

Archived