where to buy inexpensive furniture and appliances?

mike111

Second hand just does not happen in Thailand, just not the done thing.

You ask for cheap, there is plenty of that. Now if you want to last past the next full moon, you may want to go a little up market from the absolute cheapest. A little research is good, but have a look at what you are buying and ask yourself "will that .... last as long as I need?" "is that shelf going to support more than 2 light shirts?"

• Like 1

Second hand just does not happen in Thailand, just not the done thing.

You ask for cheap, there is plenty of that. Now if you want to last past the next full moon, you may want to go a little up market from the absolute cheapest. A little research is good, but have a look at what you are buying and ask yourself "will that .... last as long as I need?" "is that shelf going to support more than 2 light shirts?"

That is something I've quickly coming to terms with here. Cheaper doesn't always work out that way in the long run.

• Like 1

Scour the classified ads on ThaiVisa, BahtSold etc, as well as the supermarket notice boards. Loads of stuff for sale, quite often people buy furnished condos / homes and need to get rid of excess furniture and appliances.

tnx mates.

To clarify, I wasnt aiming for a "cheap charlie" cheapo stuff.

There are a few furniture shops along sukhumvit road (index, homeworks etc.). Which one of those (or others) would you recommend shopping at, price-wise?

TIA

Inexpensive furniture (bed, sofa, wardrobe):

Index, SB Furniture, Koncept Furniture, Eastern Home Center (next to Tesco/Lotus on Sukhumvit)

Appliances (tv, fridge etc.):

Big-C, Tesco/Lotus, Makro, Power Buy, Num Chai Electronics

Furniture/appliances at Home Works, Home Pro, Boonthavan, Central tends to be more expensive stuff.

Edited by BB1950

• 6 years later...
On 10/5/2019 at 9:31 AM, mercman24 said:

auction house (no name) stupid prices i have seen stuff sold there for more than  if buying new, then the 10% buyers premium. some people go to auctions without doing any homework.

The new location is absolute trash as well.