Translation program for lessons

Good afternoon,

Could any of you good teacher refer to a English / Thai translation program that is more accurate and reliable than Google translate that I can use in my teaching lessons. Your help will be appreciated by both me and my students as I have been teaching them wrong.....

Hi There

What years are you teaching?

To be honest a translation gadget/program shouldn't be required as long as you teach them conversational English using appropriate materials.

Have you used the 'Communicative theory' to get your point across?

They need to learn by attaching an activity to a sentence/phrase, this is how TEFL is taught IMO.

They will soon forget the meaning if taught via a simple translation.

But assuming you know this and just want to check for your self, 'Thai2english' is a decent online program that does the job.

Hi There

What years are you teaching?

To be honest a translation gadget/program shouldn't be required as long as you teach them conversational English using appropriate materials.

Have you used the 'Communicative theory' to get your point across?

They need to learn by attaching an activity to a sentence/phrase, this is how TEFL is taught IMO.

They will soon forget the meaning if taught via a simple translation.

But assuming you know this and just want to check for your self, 'Thai2english' is a decent online program that does the job.

Hi There,

I agree with you fully and I do my teaching in the method you mentioned, I don't let my students translate the lesson as such, only the evaluation of their understanding that I do about once a week.....Thanks for your response

• Like 1