Air Asia - booking engine broken?

koo

Hi.

I was trying to buy tickets from www.airasia.com. Regardless of which destination I choose, the next page states:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://booking.airasia.com/Compact.aspx" on this server.

Reference #18.c59c9bd5.1375974951.226da2f

This happens both on Firefox and IE (IE states more specifically a "HTTP 400 ERROR")

Anyone else having problems with their site? I have had this problem for a week now...

(Win7 / FF & IE / Europe)

I booked/paid for a ticket three days ago (using chromium in Thailand) so AirA working.

You could try a few things (google is your friend) including:

cleaning out the cache in your bowsers

signing up to be a member of AirA

installing a further browser

disguising your electronic location (in case AirA blocks traffic from your IP address etc).

Cheers, AA

Just tried again both in Thai and in the EN website...... both =

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://booking.airasia.com/Compact.aspx" on this server.

Reference #18.acef54b8.1376011585.15023726

Yes had this problem for months, maybe 7 or 8 months !!

DONE: cleaning out the cache in your bowsers

DONE: Full C Cleaner scan and clean

​It is the same with Chrome, I,E, Safari.... Windows 7 Ultimate ........ On True, but have tried using a VPN from UK = same....... Odd have a old laptop on XP and opens fine with Chrome........ Why ?? Guess must be something to do with my PC, something blocking, but no idea what .. ?

Edited by ignis

this drove me mad for months ..it is an add on with your browser causing the error..in my case Ghostery but it will be an add-on tool thats blocking adds or browsing (Tracking) data

Edited by terryp

this drove me mad for months ..it is an add on with your browser causing the error..in my case Ghostery but it will be an add-on tool thats blocking adds or browsing (Tracking) data

Very many thanks.......

Added www.Airasia.com to Ghostery and it now works fine........ biggrin.png

There is another issue with AirAsia, which prevented me from booking online:

When using a non-Thai credit card you get charged an additional 160 Baht for using that foreign card. Of course you can capture this and inform your credit card company, who will re-emburse you. I guess the company then gets the fee back from AirAsia, because if you do this more than once, AirAsia will let you do the booking, but refuses you when you want to pay with your foreign credit card. You get a message like posted above: "You don't have permission to access..." Sounds like you landed on their blacklist.

I then had a friend do the booking in my name, but using his Thai credit card and, lo and behold, the 160 Baht fee did not show up and the booking went through without a glitch.

What makes me wonder is, why AirAsia is so stupid to do this. Most if not all people are booking and paying online and with their behaviour they drive all foreigners away, except for the stupid ones. But maybe THAT is the reason???

SamM.