Krabi murder defendants claim US Embassy translator unfair

webfact

“All three suspects refused to allow the translator provided by the American Embassy to join the proceedings,”

I'm surprised the translator didn't show up outside the building with a sharpened length of re-bar through his chest (having clumsily fallen onto it whilst exiting the courthouse). Obviously having an AE translator must have cause these poor musicians a huge loss of face.

Edited by connda

How do you translate "lethal injection"?

Here in Thailand, "lethal injection" means three years in jail and then freedom. The underbelly of Thai society must like it when "farang are in season". Easy to kill and very little down-side as far as judicial consequences.

Again, if I wasn't committed to my foreign national Thai family, I'd be gone. No, I don't like it here in the Land of Open-season on Farangs.

I love how they can call the shots and the court agrees. Can you imagine the mirth in the courtroom if a Farang refused the court translator over an embassy one?

They obviously think an embassy translator would side with the American where a court translator would be a Thai and side with the Thais.

This means they are fully expecting to be shown favouritism in what is supposed to be an impartial and fair justice system. Goes to show eh?

Not so sure of your logic Bung. First, doing what you think is best for your case seems the prudent way to proceed--no matter the rationale. Second, what makes you believe the trial is supposed to be impartial and fair?

I love how they can call the shots and the court agrees. Can you imagine the mirth in the courtroom if a Farang refused the court translator over an embassy one?

They obviously think an embassy translator would side with the American where a court translator would be a Thai and side with the Thais.

This means they are fully expecting to be shown favouritism in what is supposed to be an impartial and fair justice system. Goes to show eh?

"Can you imagine ..."

"They obviously think ..."

"This means they are fully expecting ..."

Wow. Why bother with a trial or evidence since you already know what they are thinking and expecting and what legal rights they should or should not be accorded.

The TV Kangaroo Court: Speedy and Highly Imaginative Trials by those unburdened by the facts.

"Can you imagine" Comment has nothing to do with the case. Do you think a Farang on trial here for murder would be allowed to refuse a translator?

"They obviously think" What do YOU think they are thinking then by refusing the American embassy translator?

"They were fully expecting" It's my opinion. This is a forum. People are allowed to come on here and voice their opinions. It's what forum are for. I see you had no opinion about the OP at all just commenting on what my opinions are.

Do you have any opinions at all about this case? Do you think justice will be served and the killers will be put in jail? The killers are out on bail, do you think they will show up at court on the date? Or have they run away to wait for the statute of limitation to come into effect like so many other cases here?

Your welcome to voice your opinion about the OP which is the killing of an American by 3 Thais.