26 Russian Tourists Involved in Tour Bus Crash

Lite Beer

26 Russian Tourists Involved in Tour Bus Crash

220.jpg
A group of Russian tourists on a tour bus were involved in an accident.

Kanchanaburi – August 9, 2013 [PDN]; Sai Yok Police were informed that a tour bus was involved in an accident. It was reported that the tour bus consisted of 26 Russian tourists, the injured tourists were sent to a local hospital, no deaths reported.

The tour bus had significant damages throughout the bus, its front, sides and windows were all smashed.

The 43 year-old driver who wasn’t injured was taken to Sai Yok police station for a questioning session.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/10/26-russian-tourists-involved-in-tour-bus-crash/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-08-10

Sai Yok...ah yes, i know that road very well. We're talking about the Kanchanaburi-Three Pagodas Pass road that I have travelled about a dozen or more times earlier this year and late last year. Always saw a few tour buses with mostly Russian tourists there. I don't know what is so difficult about driving that road - it's fairly straight with only a few curves and uphill sections mostly after the waterfall - you don't generally see tour buses heading further north-west of Sai Yok towards Thong Pha Phum so I am really wondering what caused the bus to flip over. Perhaps a slick surface considering it's the rainy season? Still, the bus shouldn't have flipped over - slower driving and taking curves properly would have helped. Anyway let's see what the investigation outcome as to the cause of the accident was.

The roads are a disaster, all accidents i saw from BKK to CM, were single vehicles,sliding off the road, about 12 or 15, I lost count, i slowed down to 80kms, very slippery surfaces, but it did not deter busses and other cars from overtaking each other at very dangerous speeds for the conditions, lack of driving skills and education.

The roads in Thailand are generally (in comparison to some places I have been) not that bad - what IS bad is the driving by a large number of people who obviously don't have a clue about inertia or anything to do with common sense.

I drive up to Khon Kaen usually a couple of times a year to visit family, and although there are a few places with incorrect camber and others where lanes inexplicably end, application of standard defensive driving concepts (ie LOOK and use COMMON SENSE) seem to reduce the danger.

Proper driver TRAINING, followed by proper driver TESTING, will be a huge factor in the reduction of all forms of vehicular incidents, and that should directly reduce deaths on our roads.

I honestly wish that the government would realise that it is allowing its own people to kill themselves, simply because many are truly not bright enough to know better - sad...

• Like 1

Sai Yok...ah yes, i know that road very well. We're talking about the Kanchanaburi-Three Pagodas Pass road that I have travelled about a dozen or more times earlier this year and late last year. Always saw a few tour buses with mostly Russian tourists there. I don't know what is so difficult about driving that road - it's fairly straight with only a few curves and uphill sections mostly after the waterfall - you don't generally see tour buses heading further north-west of Sai Yok towards Thong Pha Phum so I am really wondering what caused the bus to flip over. Perhaps a slick surface considering it's the rainy season? Still, the bus shouldn't have flipped over - slower driving and taking curves properly would have helped. Anyway let's see what the investigation outcome as to the cause of the accident was.

If you turn off the 323 Kanchanaburi-Three Pagodas Pass road just before Mahidol University, Sai Yok you'll find this road has a very steep decline down to Wang Pho railway station. Lots of tour buses use this route to visit the Krasae Cave and the Death Railway.

Not sure if this accident was on that road, but only last November there was a similar accident there, with 40 Russian tourists injured

post-62796-0-35860900-1376149369_thumb.j

Wishing all the injured today, a speedy recovery.

Just when are the authorities going to clamp down on the way these idiots drive the buses in the provinces and in Bangkok.

How many accidents have there been in the last two weeks alone now. I just shake my head and warn anyone i know no to ride in them.

Thank god there were no deaths this time.

Edited by burgerking

Thainess Promotion: No matter what happens in Thailand, murder, suicide, accident, or arrest, you will always have a flipflop clad pointer in every picture as if to divert your attention to the more than obvious person or object in said photo.

Yes, a bus is different than a "moto-cye" to operate. Was there another vehicle involved? Who cares about the damage to the bus. Was the driver ever trained to drive a bus? There is not a whole lot if information here except the Russians are really getting the sharp end of the stick in Thailand these days.

This week we have had a train derailment ,a plane skid off the runway at Trang and now a bus roll over .What will it be next week i wonder ?

You forgot about the 'unbalanced' truck that hit the van!