Finger-waving tourist receives Phuket lesson

Lite Beer

Nobody seems to have asked the question as to what the police are doing about the incident. In civilised societies physical violence is not permitted even if you have been provoked by somebody giving you the finger. You have to accept the finger and return the compliment with two fingers. What is this society all about?

Farangs bring money to Thailand so the Thais hate us for having the money. It is true that the tourist industry has brought growth and wealth to the Thais but those who have not benefitted feel resentment.

The saddest thing about all this is that we cannot rely on the Thai police to do their job properly and so we farangs tend to feel insecure and unsafe here. Perhaps we should all leave and leave Thailand to the Thais.

What are the police doing?

They are reading these posts, noting the names of the posters and will be paying the negative ones a visit for "damaging the reputation of Phuket".

Beware!!!!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The German waved his middle finger at the two men. Seeing this, they turned around, came back and proceeded to give him a robust lesson in minding his manners, using their fists and feet.

These guys almost ran over the German and his wife. Pot and kettle come to mind. And it sounds like the writer of this article is quite pleased with the outcome.

My first thought also. The writer seems to be supporting violence for a natural and common means of communication to someone who almost ran you over.

Perhaps Police Maj Gen Pisit Pao-in, commander of the Technology Crime Suppression Division should arrest the author for his statement as it may be looked as support for sensless violence.

• Like 1

Showing a middle finger in Germany to a motorist or cop is 2000 Euros fine.

I don't show middle fingers when walking or driving by I keep to myself and only Mrs will hear it. In fact she hears it all the time because driving in Isaan at time can be frustrating.

I would never give a middle finger to anyone in Thailand because I don't know who is on the other side and live is cheap in Thailand.

come to belgium,onley 50€

I am a martial artist/instructor and can take good care of myself, but i never get the opportunities others get, because i am very humble and always bow down and say sorry to stupid acts of others....coffee1.gif

He's right, most people who get a beating have invited it themselves.

I disagree with you, although being in an altercation with another expat acting like a Thai idiot driving through a group of children( One of them being my child ) in front of my house like he was in an obstacle course and my child was the obstacle , "He deserved it" and I dished it out. After telling him to slow down because this was the second time I asked him he decided to come up into my driveway, then when I yelled " SLOW DOWN" he came back and started swinging, only I knocked him out cold in front of his gorges girlfriend. I am not bragging, " in fact", I didn't even want to fight.

With that said, I know that we have all either been on a road and some idiot whizzed by us like we didn't matter out of reaction we turned a flipped the bird, I think in it's what someone should expect if they are acting stupid. It's like a silent rule if your an idiot you deserve to flipped off. Better that then a fist fight where someone can get seriously hurt.

However, I know this is Thailand and guys like this that would turn around and beat up the people who contribute to their income directly or indirectly obviously would never get it and even with people getting stabbed and robbed hasn't seem to stop anyone from coming here, nor Rio. They still come in bucket loads.

I can't wait to hear about the first Russian crew that jacks these guys at their own game and I sense it's coming soon since the police don't seem to enforce any real law in Phuket, such as in my case where I was blamed for the fight because I asked the guy to slow down so the police blamed me. " TIT"

Obviously the real lesson was that Phuket has become a tourist-hating hole where beating a tourist is seen as defensible and justifiable in all circumstances and no prosecutions of Thai tourist-beating gangs can ever take place. The conclusion of this lesson is absolutely don't go to Phuket. I urge people considering visiting Phuket to visit just about anywhere else in Thailand including Pattani.

I love Saraburi, it's central Thailand and industrial but I fell in love with Thailand because of the people there.

• Like 1

The German wrong! If he not come to Thailand the incident not happen!

What's wrong with you?Asian people can do what they want???German not wrong,The Asian idiots  should respect the road rules!

Chill, he was being sarcastic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And does anyone believe that this guy would have got away with it in the Fatherland?

No, I doubt it. Try the same thing in some parts of New York, or in areas of south London, such as Brixton for example. He would never had been able to walk away to tell the tale.

Too many stupid farangs come to Thailand and meet stupid Thai.

Mallorca in Spain has the same problems.

Didn't know there were stupid Thais in Mallorca.

No, stupid Germans and UK people.

I have to explain to some of the poorly educated people on here that there are some Spanish people as well.

p.s. sorry for another lesson but people from the UK are called British but I have heard them called many other things.

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 1

Showing a middle finger in Germany to a motorist or cop is 2000 Euros fine.

I don't show middle fingers when walking or driving by I keep to myself and only Mrs will hear it. In fact she hears it all the time because driving in Isaan at time can be frustrating.

I would never give a middle finger to anyone in Thailand because I don't know who is on the other side and live is cheap in Thailand.

come to belgium,onley 50

ha ha good value, the next time I work in Dendemonde I will try 50 Euros of entertainment.

The German waved his middle finger at the two men. Seeing this, they turned around, came back and proceeded to give him a robust lesson in minding his manners, using their fists and feet.

These guys almost ran over the German and his wife. Pot and kettle come to mind. And it sounds like the writer of this article is quite pleased with the outcome.

It certainly does read that way and interestingly the author is Thai.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And does anyone believe that this guy would have got away with it in the Fatherland?

No, I doubt it. Try the same thing in some parts of New York, or in areas of south London, such as Brixton for example. He would never had been able to walk away to tell the tale.

Fortunately those areas are not major tourist destinations.

• Like 2

Try waving your middle finger in the Singapore and you will be put in gaol.

The 2 Asian looking men might have been from another asian country. Not necessarily Thailand. They could have been Japanese

Nonsense.

Nobody seems to have asked the question as to what the police are doing about the incident. In civilised societies physical violence is not permitted even if you have been provoked by somebody giving you the finger. You have to accept the finger and return the compliment with two fingers. What is this society all about?

Farangs bring money to Thailand so the Thais hate us for having the money. It is true that the tourist industry has brought growth and wealth to the Thais but those who have not benefitted feel resentment.

The saddest thing about all this is that we cannot rely on the Thai police to do their job properly and so we farangs tend to feel insecure and unsafe here. Perhaps we should all leave and leave Thailand to the Thais.

What are the police doing?

They are reading these posts, noting the names of the posters and will be paying the negative ones a visit for "damaging the reputation of Phuket".

Beware!!!!

he's right, you just have to read the interview in another article about mentioning chicken 'coops'.

Three opinions.

1) He's lucky he wasn't shot, like the German in Chiang Mai a year ago who gave the finger to a Thai motorist.

2) Children lose it over such trivial things. So not surprising it's the local custom to beat or kill someone for doing it.

3) Well doesn't he look like a quality tourist.

That is all.

• Like 1

Three opinions.

1) He's lucky he wasn't shot, like the German in Chiang Mai a year ago who gave the finger to a Thai motorist.

2) Children lose it over such trivial things. So not surprising it's the local custom to beat or kill someone for doing it.

3) Well doesn't he look like a quality tourist.

That is all.

Probably the best assessment of the situation so far.

I am a martial artist/instructor and can take good care of myself, but i never get the opportunities others get, because i am very humble and always bow down and say sorry to stupid acts of others....coffee1.gif

Change your name to don't don'tthumbsup.gif

I cant cause some times i must must and i du du...cheesy.gif

I am shocked!! It was only two against one!!

Unbelievable!! blink.png

Yes, in most western countries if some doofus gave some guys on a motorbike the finger they would either (1) wave cheerfully and thank the jerk for his instructive communication because everyone in the country would be mindful of the importance of supporting tourism or (2) they would return and one would pummel the moron while his friend held everyone's outer garments but refrained from participating.

I wonder if some of you are visiting the planet for the first time.

Suradit, are you even ATTEMPTING to claim that some of the things that happen in Thailand happen in other places too? No friend, I'm afraid you are "alone" in Asia, let alone in the world.

I am a martial artist/instructor and can take good care of myself, but i never get the opportunities others get, because i am very humble and always bow down and say sorry to stupid acts of others....coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

He's right, most people who get a beating have invited it themselves.

Since most Thais in tourist areas dislike falangs will this happen all the time, they are just waiting for a reason to beat the shi77 out of us sad.png

• Like 1

you are dead right - certainly reads that way but thats what u get from that rag of a news paper - despicable reporting

Looks like the 2 Asian men caused the entire incident ...

"The barman told officers that the German and his wife were crossing the road when they were almost run over by a motorbike with two Asian men on board, being driven at high speed."

Maybe they should have waited for the motorbike to pass before steeping out on the road.. In CM it is the Chine.se on motorbikes who are a hazard