Recommendable car mechanic in Pattaya?

manarak

I am the one who first mentioned Khun Sakda on ThaiVisa. He has looked after my 21 year old car for the past seven years and has provided excellent service and charges foreigners Thai prices. Only last Sunday night a fan broke while I was driving in Pattaya and I had to leave the car in the street. Yesterday morning he drove down ( he lives some distance out of the city ) diagnosed the problem , did some emergency repairs then drove his car home and took a motor bike taxi back into town so he could drive my car to his workshop. Today he will bring the car to my condo and then take a motor bike taxi home. This is the kind of service he has given me over the past seven years. I have recommended him to several people , all of them have been very happy with his work.

• Like 2

thanks for the info so far, it seems only one gets recommended and this is Mr. Sakhda, but everyone's not sold on him.

Hmmm...

It's rather surprising that the only feedback so far on the two threads has been given by less than a handful people who recommend just one guy.

Can I correctly deduct that all the others are happy customers of the brand service mechanics?

thanks for the info so far, it seems only one gets recommended and this is Mr. Sakhda, but everyone's not sold on him.

Hmmm...

It's rather surprising that the only feedback so far on the two threads has been given by less than a handful people who recommend just one guy.

Can I correctly deduct that all the others are happy customers of the brand service mechanics?

I have used Mr Sakada a few times and have no complaints ,nice guy.

• Like 1

Finally I wonder if the guy near the highway (ZACK ?) is good ? Someone said that he almost killed him with an incorrect brakes maintenance.

A good one is on TEPPRASIT road on the left on the first half of the road when you come from TAPPRAYA road.

That might have been me clap2.gif

Drove the car under the rear of a 6 wheeler truck maybe 2 days after the brakes had been serviced. Car a write off, me very nearly.

Not much fun hurtling under the back of a truck whistling.gif

Do as the Thai do, watch every move a mechanic makes. Too often if you leave them to it, they do what they want to the car, sadly.

• Like 1

ok... so it seems I should contact Mr. Sakhda.

where is his workshop?

His workshop is based out of his home which is on the East side of sukumvit and north of of Naklua. Best you call him and he can make arrangements to meet you and take you there.

ok... so it seems I should contact Mr. Sakhda.

where is his workshop?

His workshop is based out of his home which is on the East side of sukumvit and north of of Naklua. Best you call him and he can make arrangements to meet you and take you there.

Wow, that's quite a long way from where I live. Will have to think about transport arrangements.

• 6 years later...
On 8/14/2013 at 5:10 PM, pattayadingo said:

That might have been me clap2.gif

Drove the car under the rear of a 6 wheeler truck maybe 2 days after the brakes had been serviced. Car a write off, me very nearly.

Not much fun hurtling under the back of a truck whistling.gif

Do as the Thai do, watch every move a mechanic makes. Too often if you leave them to it, they do what they want to the car, sadly.

so he almost killed you ? sorry, I just remembered that there was a post about him long time ago.

I don't know the guy personally, but Mr. Sakhda was recommended on other threads about car maintenance.
His tel.nr. is 0817156819
Please do a forum search to read more about the guy.
I have used him for 10 years,first class cannot recomend him enough,he even picks my car up from our house , usually i go to his place first so he can have a look and see what needs doing ,except of course for regular service.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app