BANGKOK 19 April 2019 12:07
Sign in to follow this  
snake24

Did u know thailand used to control almost the entire region of penisula malaysia

I beg to differ,

But if it weren't for the British, they would all be under Japanese control now!

Speaking as a Brit we Brits had a lot of help from the Americans at the time. This is not to say that we couldn't have done it without them but it would have taken a few yeras and many deaths longer.

Thanks to the USA for helping us out at that time.

• Like 1

I beg to differ,

But if it weren't for the British, they would all be under Japanese control now!

Speaking as a Brit we Brits had a lot of help from the Americans at the time. This is not to say that we couldn't have done it without them but it would have taken a few yeras and many deaths longer.

Bit of a side show really, Admiral Nimitz knew that. Oops we have crept into WW2 blink.png

I beg to differ,

Bit of a side show really, Admiral Nimitz knew that. Oops we have crept into WW2 blink.png

But the post was all about Thailand and history anyway.

fifthcolumn post # 7

Thailand is, historically a legend in its own mind.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Priceless comment mate the best I've seen in years.

Keep 'em coming.

It seems like a strange thing to say, but much of the world should be grateful to Nazi Germany.

Before losing WWII the Germans financially broke England and forced them to abandon their "colonies" that they had been exploiting all over the world before the war.

It is the only positive thing I can think of that the Nazi did!

Avoid the knee jerk reaction to this and think about it.

Since WWII, the sun does set on the empire...and that's a good thing!

did you know if not for the English and Germans, Thailand would maybe speaking french now,

Agreed.

And if the Americans did not win the revolution against the Britts in 1776.

Americans would all be speaking English today!

• Like 2

did you know if not for the English and Germans, Thailand would maybe speaking french now,

Hahaha...even with english and germans, they still speak thai.

Listen up! The TV Sunday Thai history lesson has begun.

You can chose to join the mangling of what passes as Thai history and genealogy by the Thai lovers and Thai bashers alike, or you can google and wiki the truth yourselves.

OP. Lovely map by the way and courtesy of the Scottish Geographical Magazine of 1886 no less.

Did that Magazine have yellow covers and have good maps and photos of bare breasted locals too.

I think in this case google would have a hard time telling the truth with this as there have been many fisherman's stories told by all sides in this for generations. Hard to tell the truth from the fiction.