• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning kevvy, welcome home.

I'm looking forward to your input.

Enjoy yourself and have a great day.

thumbsup.gif

hard to input as i dont live there year, but enjoy the people on this site. was some sad last night as I hit a dog , i know it is only a dog some people might say , but to me it was a life .. feel better today ... thanks and good morning

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gif

had to input as i dont live there year, but enjoy the people on this site. was some sad last night as I hit a dog , i know it is only a dog some people might say , but to me it was alife .. feel better today ... thanks and good morning

I hope it died quickly. Even the worst soi dog will have someone on the street that loves it.

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

had to input as i dont live there year, but enjoy the people on this site. was some sad last night as I hit a dog , i know it is only a dog some people might say , but to me it was alife .. feel better today ... thanks and good morning

I hope it died quickly. Even the worst soi dog will have someone on the street that loves it.

yes , this was in the country 50 minutes from my house , didn't see him run straight into me .. had to stop for a while to get my thoughts. . will be up north in december , been there before but this time i will looking for land to buy

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 2

I had a coffee with another member last week and we discussed driving in Thailand, you need to keep your eyes as far up the road as possible and prepare for any given situation.

That car on the side road WILL pull out in front of me.

Those dogs WILL cross the road at the last minute.

That Motocy WILL stop dead in front of me to talk to someone on the side of the road.

• Like 2

Hi kevvy and welcome.

Do learn to feel your way around Thailand carefully. It's all here to live as you wish and enjoy. wai.gif

i do enjoy Thailand very much , but the rat race down here is really quite hard to get use to.. been down here for quite a while now and just want to tetire and have a look at the best part pf this country north!!!!! thanks for the wishes

Ah Harrry, but to me the glass is always half full. cool.png

sceu

surely sometime it might be half empty , after you had the first drink ........ i get my coat now ....have a great day ....

Ah Harrry, but to me the glass is always half full. cool.png

sceu

surely sometime it might be half empty , after you had the first drink ........ i get my coat now ....have a great day ....

Chang girls never let a glass get half empty.

• Like 1

You need a neighbour like mine, he is on the phone screaming at them just about every day.

The techs are always out here fixing up the internet, they have no time for down your way... laugh.png

I gave the TOT hotline a call this morning. Told the girl my modem only had two dots showing since last night and she got it going again while I was still on the line.clap2.gifsmile.png

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Matthew 7:7

Life is only as difficult as you make it:
VF 7:11

And paying your TOT bill helpssmile.png

I am pretty sure, not paying, would come under the heading of making it difficult.wink.png

Hey kevvy, so sorry to hear about the poor dog. sad.png

At least you are OK and there wasn't another driver involved also to make a sad situation more dangerous.

There are always dogs and drivers here that make it very necessary to be at constant attention.

The only ones that show any fear and respect on the roads are "most" pedestrians.

I remember the first time I was going to use a cross walk here in LOS, thinking that pedestrians had some sort of right of way.

My buddy laughed and pulled me back. He then explained that cross walks don't have the same meaning here....they have virtually NO meaning.

Note to self! thumbsup.gif

Crossing the road here is "adventure tourism", and it's FREE!

Now I look both ways......before, during and after crossing. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

At least you are OK and there wasn't another driver involved also to make a sad situation more dangerous.

There are always dogs and drivers here that make it very necessary to be at constant attention.

The only ones that show any fear and respect on the roads are "most" pedestrians.

I remember the first time I was going to use a cross walk here in LOS, thinking that pedestrians had some sort of right of way.

My buddy laughed and pulled me back. He then explained that cross walks don't have the same meaning here....they have virtually NO meaning.

Living in Bangkok taught me never ever ever to even think about crossing a street or a sidewalk without stopping to look back and forth several times....a habit that I have carried back for USA visits....I don't trust ANY driver anywhere to actually stop or yield or not be doing something like texting what they had for lunch rather than watching the road. I saw several tourists get hit by buses, trucks, motorbikes in Bangkok over the years and the vehicle always "won". Never ceased to amaze me how many farangs in BKK would jay walk across sukhumvit ....tough enough to cross in a crosswalk with red lights on your side.....CR jaywalking a zillion times calmer but still always always a good idea to assume that somebody might appear from nowhere at a high speed....life is way too short to get killed trying to save 30 seconds crossing a road.

• Like 2

During my days in Bangkok, I had the responsibility of taking care of visiting farangs from time to time. I would walk across the street, look back and they would still be on the other side waiting for cars to stop. I would walk back through the traffic, explain the facts of Bangkok traffic, and tell them to stay close. Moments later we were all safely on the other side and no one had to stop. Everyone moved in a synchronized dance.

Years later crossing the street in Hawaii, I found it strangely annoying when people would stop, as all I wanted was for them to hurry up and get out of my way. Guess it depends what you are accustomed to.xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

i remember when i first got here , and one car flashed his lights at me , so being from Aus i started to pull out !!! soon learn what it means in Thailand .. "watch out I am coming through. yes, i was sorry for the dog as when i had my first dog he was my best friend , he died of cancer 10 years later.. still remember him ...

i remember when i first got here , and one car flashed his lights at me , so being from Aus i started to pull out !!! soon learn what it means in Thailand .. "watch out I am coming through. yes, i was sorry for the dog as when i had my first dog he was my best friend , he died of cancer 10 years later.. still remember him ...

I've run over two dogs in my driving career Kevvy, they can be totally unpredictable especially when they come out of a gate next to the road at full speed.

I think all the dog lovers on this site would still be thankful for your sake that it was the dog and not one of the kids.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

coming to work today , and seen a pickup truck with a load of white building bricks on the back of it , well it was learning more the the tower of pizza , so what did he do ? no , he did not stop just drove on the far side of the lane along the gutter to try to stop them from falling . I did not have my camera to show you guys. just thought to myself TIT.