good morning everyone

kevvy

I have never hit a dog but have lost dogs to fast moving cars and trucks, sometimes even slow moving farm equipment. The turnover of village dogs is pretty rapid in these parts and it is interesting to watch the new ones learning the ropes and how to behave in the presence of my aging pack.wink.png Some scream, some grovel, some run, some bark and some snarl and growl. The young ones can sometimes get away with being playful and cute.smile.png

Edited by villagefarang

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME AGAIN....

had a post from a nice gentleman offering me some land near the CR, as he read my post.

one thing I want to know ...where does everybody go on new year eve? My wife and I go down to krabi for the last 3 years and this year we want to be around CR , not into the bar scene , just like to have some fun without getting drunk. any idea"s as we will be there for 2 weeks .

I have never hit a dog but have lost dogs to fast moving cars and trucks, sometimes even slow moving farm equipment. The turnover of village dogs is pretty rapid in these parts and it is interesting to watch the new ones learning the ropes and how to behave in the presence of my aging pack.wink.png

My blood pressure soars whenever our dogs go out the gate to see their friends. They just have no sense of the traffic. A few months ago one of my neices cat died and we had to bury it. Both of them were crying their eyes out. I do not want that to happen again because of thedogs getting run over. (I would be crying my eyes out too)

ME AGAIN....

had a post from a nice gentleman offering me some land near the CR, as he read my post.

one thing I want to know ...where does everybody go on new year eve? My wife and I go down to krabi for the last 3 years and this year we want to be around CR , not into the bar scene , just like to have some fun without getting drunk. any idea"s as we will be there for 2 weeks .

Most people in town here seem to meet around the clock tower area on new years eve. I know Central put on a "Countdown" with some of the younger crowds bands but I am no expert on where to go. I know you will have plenty do do round here otherwise.

ME AGAIN....

Be very careful of anyone offering you land on PMs. I have found that foreigners surviving on getting commissions are mostly desperate and out for their own survival so will do or say anything.

Look carefully and the best way to do this is in person. Land is not cheap here either.

• Like 1

I imagine New Year’s Eve would be packed in town. Even out in the sticks it gets pretty loud with all the fireworks. I am more inclined to enjoy the chilly night air and the stars in the sky before calling it a night well before midnight.

thats called old age VF biggrin.png

• Like 2

I imagine New Year’s Eve would be packed in town. Even out in the sticks it gets pretty loud with all the fireworks. I am more inclined to enjoy the chilly night air and the stars in the sky before calling it a night well before midnight.

My days of struggling to get up before the sunset, and getting to bed after the sunrise, are long gone.sad.png

My days of struggling to get up before the sunset, and getting to bed after the sunrise, are long gone.sad.png

It used to be going out to try to get home and early as possible so they could get up and go after sunrise, No more though.

It used to be going out to try to get home and early as possible so they could get up and go after sunrise, No more though.

i agree with you on this , boy , am I as old as you mmmmmmm same age but maybe a have a few months on you laugh.png

When I was young the pubs shut at 6.00pm and then we got excited when they announced that they will close at 10.00pm

When I was young the pubs shut at 6.00pm and then we got excited when they announced that they will close at 10.00pm

From Melbourne I see.

• Like 1

Eltham then moved to sanctury lakes near point cook

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bit further out than me....I grew up in what is now Eaglemont but used to be Heidelberg.

Have not been back to Melbourne for 45 years though (except for a course) probably too many people there would call me Daddy. smile.png

• Like 1

Bit further out than me....I grew up in what is now Eaglemont but used to be Heidelberg.

Have not been back to Melbourne for 45 years though (except for a course) probably too many people there would call me Daddy. smile.png

you know its crazy, Heidelberg was a housing commission area, but just next door was Ivanhoe which was very classy .

i use to go to the Heidelberg bowls in bell street . then turned it into a pub , i think it was the Colosseum Hotel. Sometimes went to Heidelberg swimming pool.

you know its crazy, Heidelberg was a housing commission area, but just next door was Ivanhoe which was very classy .

i use to go to the Heidelberg bowls in bell street . then turned it into a pub , i think it was the Colosseum Hotel. Sometimes went to Heidelberg swimming pool.

I lived in the classier part....next to the gasworks used to only have to cut through one back yard...cross one road climb a fence and wak across to the river.

The dances at the Heidelberg Town Hall were a good hunting ground then.

Edited by harrry

And the VFL team of choice back then?

I refuse to answer on the grounds I am unpopular enough here already:)coffee1.gif

I can tell you that Caulfied had a really good lacross team.rolleyes.gif

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

And the VFL team of choice back then?

I refuse to answer on the grounds I am unpopular enough here already:)coffee1.gif

I can tell you that Caulfied had a really good lacross team.rolleyes.gif

Your never unpopular H, I don't care what the others say. sad.png ..........................laugh.png

did not sleep much last night , but today is another day . life is good , it throws so much at you and it is how you react to make it better.

I hope everyone has a great day ...

• Like 1

our team next year

Chinese Swim team

Ben Johnson

Floyd Landis

Alberto Contador

and all the people in the last 6 months for essendon city council drug rehab centre go bombers ..