good morning everyone

kevvy

Do you know that after the years that I have known you and read your posts,blog and facebook page I'm still unaware of your family name?

Not that I have ever gone out of my way to find it out but I do know that of many of the other members through various sources, mainly facebook or having it incorporated into their email address.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know that after the years that I have known you and read your posts,blog and facebook page I'm still unaware of your family name?

Not that I have ever gone out of my way to find it out but I do know that of many of the other members through various sources, mainly facebook or having it incorporated into their email address.

What’s in a name, anyway?thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Name, address and date of birth I keep quite close, so the fact someone who has known me as long as you have, doesn’t have all that is good news in my opinion.
Recently I was interviewed for an article to be published in an international publication. The girl asked for a name other than VF on a couple of occasions. I explained that I am not searchable under my real name but I am under VF, so in the interest of continuity I would much prefer VF. I couldn’t see any upside in linking my real name to VF. Besides, by now I am probably more VF, than that other guy.
She finally gave in, saying she understood but her boss wanted it, so she had to ask. I am still waiting to see the final result.wink.png
  • Like 2

heh guys .. found this site . if you love old movies then this is for you and it is free and legal

http://www.bnwmovies.com

Thanks for that Kevvy, found a mistake straight away though... old films by the decade included the 60s... how could anything that was around in 60s be classed as old eh?

sob..... crying.gif

• Like 1

heh guys .. found this site . if you love old movies then this is for you and it is free and legal

http://www.bnwmovies.com

Thanks for that Kevvy, found a mistake straight away though... old films by the decade included the 60s... how could anything that was around in 60s be classed as old eh?

sob..... crying.gif

makes us old grumpy men right sceuda ? if you can remember the sixties then you weren't there... oh the hippy days .....it was a GAS .

site to old tv commercials

http://archive.org/details/batteriesnotincluded_2009

Edited by kevvy

Whats in a name, anyway?thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Name, address and date of birth I keep quite close, so the fact someone who has known me as long as you have, doesnt have all that is good news in my opinion.

Recently I was interviewed for an article to be published in an international publication. The girl asked for a name other than VF on a couple of occasions. I explained that I am not searchable under my real name but I am under VF, so in the interest of continuity I would much prefer VF. I couldnt see any upside in linking my real name to VF. Besides, by now I am probably more VF, than that other guy.

She finally gave in, saying she understood but her boss wanted it, so she had to ask. I am still waiting to see the final result.wink.png

I know it but I ain't telling.

Whats in a name, anyway?thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Name, address and date of birth I keep quite close, so the fact someone who has known me as long as you have, doesnt have all that is good news in my opinion.

Recently I was interviewed for an article to be published in an international publication. The girl asked for a name other than VF on a couple of occasions. I explained that I am not searchable under my real name but I am under VF, so in the interest of continuity I would much prefer VF. I couldnt see any upside in linking my real name to VF. Besides, by now I am probably more VF, than that other guy.

I guess that’s what happens when wives get together, all mystique goes out the window.rolleyes.gif

You told me in a weak moment, believe it or not. Seminar signup?

I guess that’s what happens when wives get together, all mystique goes out the window.rolleyes.gif

Truly a moment of madness on my part and I do not remember.laugh.png How goes your effort to straddle the fence and maintain relations with both me and the most ardent member of the VF hate club?wink.png

Truly a moment of madness on my part and I do not remember.laugh.png How goes your effort to straddle the fence and maintain relations with both me and the most ardent member of the VF hate club?wink.png
I do not see it as an issue.
  • Like 1

Good for you. You are a true gentleman. wai.gif

Edited by villagefarang

Good for you. You are a true gentleman. wai.gif

Is this a meeting of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

The Mrs witnessed an accident near Mae Lao today and stopped to render assistance and later translate for the two (one slightly injured) farangs who had been knocked off their motor bike by a car that fled the scene without stopping.

The police expect to make an arrest very quickly she said, the offenders number plate had been torn off and left lying on the road. laugh.png

Ok. I have an update, she was actually already at the hospital when the police brought them in and the translation happened.

I really have to start listening more carefully.

Scurrilous rumours that I'm deaf will be reported to the moderators if repeated here.

Not sure if they were tourists, one from Australia, one from the US had the most serious injuries, mainly missing skin.

Ok. I have an update, she was actually already at the hospital when the police brought them in and the translation happened.

Scurrilous rumours that I'm deaf will be reported to the moderators if repeated here.

Not sure if they were tourists, one from Australia, one from the US had the most serious injuries, mainly missing skin.

Have you started getting google adds about hearing aids lately sceadugenga?

Whether they were tourists or not I hope they catch the guy. Maybe we do not want to be ran over with tourists but we do not want them run over.

Edited by harrry

Have you started getting google adds about hearing aids lately sceadugenga?

Whether they were tourists or not I hope they catch the guy. Maybe we do not want to be ran over with tourists but we do not want them run over.

truthfully what will happen to them when they go to court? We all know the court system in this country ... here's hoping. sorry to hear about people who get hurt .....all people ....

Edited by kevvy

There was a car accident (damage only) involving family members, one a farang, a while back.

The Thai driver of the other car was extremely drunk and abused the farang driver, saying he was the principal of a major local college, he was in no way to blame, and there would be problems if it was taken further.

The next day his wife turned up at the relatives home apologising profusely and produced a large amount of cash to pay for all damages. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

• Like 2