good morning everyone

kevvy

Start building a rack to smoke some fish on. thumbsup.gif

Just heard about some government order to stop harvesting because of the floods..do not know any more now but it will affect my family negatively if there is and me positively.

Hope not.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wont stop here, it's a great crop this season.

Usually they lose some to high winds caused by the proximity to the mountains but it's been calm this season. (I may have posted some "crop circle" pics here once).

Edited by sceadugenga

Good morning all... a little maths problem to wake you up.

Three men book into a hotel to find there is only a single room with three beds available at $30, which they accept.

They pay $10 each and go to their room and the receptionist realises the room is only $25.

She gives $5 to the bellboy to take up to the guests.

Three into $5 is too hard for him so he gives them a dollar each and pockets $2.

So the guests have paid $9 each and the bellboy has $2... 3 x $9 = $27 + $2 = $29.

Where did the other dollar go?

Three men book into a hotel to find there is only a single room with three beds available at $30, which they accept.

They pay $10 each and go to their room and the receptionist realises the room is only $25.

Three into $5 is too hard for him so he gives them a dollar each and pockets $2.

So the guests have paid $9 each and the bellboy has $2... 3 x $9 = $27 + $2 = $29.

Must be that chinese guy....Who Dun It. got the money.

scaedu

wow you are showing your age mate.

we told this joke when I was 16 years old , instead we used another story .

good to hear it is still getting around . Some jokes never die.

Brought a smile to my face.

Good morning

Just want to know there is a restaurant in chiang rai or chiang mai who is having a Christmas dinner and lunch .His name is Kevin (great name). Has anyone heard anything about this funtion.

I and my wife will be in chiang rai on the 24th of December.

Pom chop

love to meet up and go the the school to meet the kids..

Good morning

Just want to know there is a restaurant in chiang rai or chiang mai who is having a Christmas dinner and lunch .His name is Kevin (great name). Has anyone heard anything about this funtion.

Pom chop

I am assuming you are talking about the Coconut Bar or the Coconuts Sports Bar.

The flaw is in the phrase "plus the $2 which the bellboy got." This should not be added; it should be subtracted, since the $2 the bellboy got is part of the $27 dollars the three men spent altogether. If you subtract the $2 from the $27 you get the $25 that goes into the till.

During my days in Bangkok, I had the responsibility of taking care of visiting farangs from time to time. I would walk across the street, look back and they would still be on the other side waiting for cars to stop. I would walk back through the traffic, explain the facts of Bangkok traffic, and tell them to stay close. Moments later we were all safely on the other side and no one had to stop. Everyone moved in a synchronized dance.
Years later crossing the street in Hawaii, I found it strangely annoying when people would stop, as all I wanted was for them to hurry up and get out of my way. Guess it depends what you are accustomed to.xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

VF, your new avatar photo is a bit low res.! :)

During my days in Bangkok, I had the responsibility of taking care of visiting farangs from time to time. I would walk across the street, look back and they would still be on the other side waiting for cars to stop. I would walk back through the traffic, explain the facts of Bangkok traffic, and tell them to stay close. Moments later we were all safely on the other side and no one had to stop. Everyone moved in a synchronized dance.
Years later crossing the street in Hawaii, I found it strangely annoying when people would stop, as all I wanted was for them to hurry up and get out of my way. Guess it depends what you are accustomed to.xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

VF, your new avatar photo is a bit low res.! smile.png

I have been trying to load a new image but it wouldn't take, so I thought I would clear the old one for a while and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Good morning

Not coming from a bar culture myself, I would be more inclined to look into more upmarket venues like the Meridien Hotel or one of the other nice hotels. It is more of a family friendly environment. But that is just me.

Edited by villagefarang

Good morning

Not coming from a bar culture myself, I would be more inclined to look into more upmarket venues like the Meridien Hotel or one of the other nice hotels. It is more of a family friendly environment. But that is just me.

Chrismas or New year is one time I would disagree with you VF. I always find the better hotels with their excellent food rather sterile places at festivals like these. I think at these times the less formal settings can be a lot more human.

Good morning

I and my wife will be in chiang rai  on the 24th of December.

Not coming from a bar culture myself, I would be more inclined to look into more upmarket venues like the Meridien Hotel or one of the other nice hotels.  It is more of a family friendly environment.  But that is just me.

Chrismas or  New year is one time I would disagree with you VF.  I always find the better hotels with their excellent food rather sterile places at festivals like these.  I think at these times the less formal settings can be a lot more human.
Kevin ssid he would post on the CR forum when the bookins start. Like to go to this one as they have akids lunch and maybe sants can go along ho ho ho

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good morning

Chrismas or New year is one time I would disagree with you VF. I always find the better hotels with their excellent food rather sterile places at festivals like these. I think at these times the less formal settings can be a lot more human.
Kevin ssid he would post on the CR forum when the bookins start. Like to go to this one as they have akids lunch and maybe sants can go along ho ho ho

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if Kevin is the one I am thinking of, he may be talking about the other CR forum.

Good morning

Pom chop

I am assuming you are talking about the Coconut Bar or the Coconuts Sports Bar.

thanks that is it . i will ring kevin and find out , the name had escaped me ..

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a real bad feeling about this.... facepalm.gif

10219799744_bc67326363_z.jpg

Well i is a nice view of the mountains in the distance. smile.png

Well the good news is that they are planting something in trenches that needs to be mulched and are spreading the straw right now.

I'd take a photo but the Mrs knocked off one of my camera batteries last night after burning the mouse battery out playing Zuma.

Driving me nuts, I ALWAYS carry a spare pack....

I'll try the iPad.....

No, I've seen them spreading it for burning to make sure the ash is evenly distributed but this definitely looks like a mulching operation.

When they plant Garlic they cover them all up with straw for some reason.

Keeps the garlic warmer during winter, prevents weeds in spring and summer, and gets turned under as organic soil conditioner in fall. The garlic loves it.

Just went down to pick up my new yellow book.

I suspect they saw me coming, 10 baht sounded a bit steep... the Farang's burden though. cool.png

Rumours that I'll be driving up and down the Mae Sai road hoping checkpoint police will stop me so I can show it off are totally unfounded.

• Like 2

Just went down to pick up my new yellow book.

I suspect they saw me coming, 10 baht sounded a bit steep... the Farang's burden though. cool.png

Rumours that I'll be driving up and down the Mae Sai road hoping checkpoint police will stop me so I can show it off are totally unfounded.

They will probably think it is one of those old vacination cards.