best way to make money ( little bit ) in isaan

kranuan

You are correct, but in reality it is unlikely that the authorities will take much interest. Also it is nothing to do with the police. Labour office have the jurisdiction on this one.

Let's face it...if the local authorities were interested then there would be NO western orientated bars or restaurants anywhere.

western bars and restaurants pay good money to deflect interest. are you willing to do the same?

Of the 8 restaurants or bars that I know of in my area none have even had a wiff of interest from the Police.

Those that pay up, well more fool them. You don't need to.

until some jealous troublemaker starts complaining and writing letters

I think this is Pattaya fantasy. Do we have one piece of evidence where this has happened.

I am with puchooay, you don't need to pay, you don't need the 'post box' just decline the first (and usually only) attempt to make a donation.

We had a restaurant for 3 years and we were never approached by the bib.

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was given good business advice many years ago that has always worked for me "To make money stay close to money" i.e. Always pitch to where there is money to be spent. Unfortunately my limited experience of Isaan leads me to believe that dirt poor farmers heavily into debt secured by their next rice crop have little money to spend.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

,,, and, therefore, no one in their right mind would target this end of the market. There are plenty of non- 'dirt poor rice farmers' in Isaan but finding the right service/product is not always so easy.

I still believe there is scope to provide better quality food outlets. Offer something better than poor quality food in a Thai 'BBQ' environment and charge a bit more for it. I am seeing growth in this area where Thais have raised the bar in terms of food quality, environment and service.

Meet and talk with a moderately rich, hard working doctor or something. Find out where he spends his money (on his kids, house, etc) and you'll better understand the richer Thais.

I was given good business advice many years ago that has always worked for me "To make money stay close to money" i.e. Always pitch to where there is money to be spent. Unfortunately my limited experience of Isaan leads me to believe that dirt poor farmers heavily into debt secured by their next rice crop have little money to spend.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

,,, and, therefore, no one in their right mind would target this end of the market. There are plenty of non- 'dirt poor rice farmers' in Isaan but finding the right service/product is not always so easy.

I still believe there is scope to provide better quality food outlets. Offer something better than poor quality food in a Thai 'BBQ' environment and charge a bit more for it. I am seeing growth in this area where Thais have raised the bar in terms of food quality, environment and service.

Meet and talk with a moderately rich, hard working doctor or something. Find out where he spends his money (on his kids, house, etc) and you'll better understand the richer Thais.

Also, there is no substitute for your own observations. Go where the (middle class) Thais) go and see what they eat/do.

I still believe that for the REALLY entrepreneurial you can create a market. The Thais described above have money to spend - the likes of Samsung, Apple, Swensens, McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc have been adept at helping them to spend that money. Many of these providers were not around 10/20 years ago.

• Like 1