Surin: Fed-up driver boots foreign tourists out of minibus

webfact

Yes, the Tourists were poorly behaved, however the driver was hardly well placed in his position in a service based industry. It doesn't matter where the tourists wished to go, the its the van drivers job to follow their requests and instructions.

I work in the service industry, running a hotel. We do not work a lot with Chinese but the few we do get more often than not cause problems with their rude behavior towards staff, fellow guests, and each other. Any guest, regardless the nationality, who slaps one of my staff would find himself on the street so fast, his feet wouldn't touch the ground.

I agree with you if you expel a guest who hit a staff member. I would also fire the staff member if it turned out that the reason the guest was upset enough to do that is that the staff member would not provide the service requested and paid for by the guest if that service was part of his job.

Doesn't matter what the staff member did, the guest never has the right to commit common assault on them. The staff may sometimes miss something but they are not slaves and no one should think that getting whacked up-side the head is part of their job, no matter what. in fact the staff should have the right to sue their employer for not providing a safe working environment for them as a way to force a boycott on more rude, objectionable, nasty chinese tourists who do not know how to behave with other human beings, IMHOcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is acceptible to not want to go where asked. They paid they decide where and when they go. Oh forgot.....thailand does not need happy tourists only their money.

I think it deviated from 'Land of Happy Smiles Tours' when the passengers started slapping the driver about the head!

I was a tour guide myself for many years, so I can understand the driver getting upset.

Tour guides need to learn the culture of countries that tourists come from. I used to have a lot of problems dealing with Chinese myself, until an Asian co worker told me that Chinese only respect people that are strong and stand up for themselves. Once I understood this I had no more problems with Chinese tourists.

Mr Preecha said he admitted his offences and was willing to pay the fine because he had had enough of his passengers’ behaviour.

I pretty much understand the van driver. I've seen "Chinese tourists" doing weird things in LOS like to spit in a pool where my Mrs. and I swam.

The sad side of the story is that this country is already taken by them.-wai2.gif

• Like 1

Driver should have been charged with carrying a weapon.

The Chinese person who slapped the driver should be charged with some form of assault (however minor).

Yes, the Tourists were poorly behaved, however the driver was hardly well placed in his position in a service based industry. It doesn't matter where the tourists wished to go, the its the van drivers job to follow their requests and instructions.

That said, If the tourists are impolite, the Van driver was well within his rights to refuse them. He did well to kick them out instead of allowing the situation to escalate further.

He was hardly carrying a weapon if the report is correct.

It was a fruit knife which I assume he uses when he is eating.

A fruit knife in Thailand is sometimes confused with a machete or an axe....

Having worked in China, you get to understand how the lower class behave, which is exactly how most posters describe them, when they are in groups, which is how most see them in tour guided groups. There are lot of educated Chinese who are respectful and respect other countries cultures. For the van driver; he done well, as his fine would only be about 100 baht, where he would have collected more than this from his passengers a good result for him

If they already do that to a driver..... What is their behavior when they have a few and try to have fun in a bar?!?

Been to many parties with Chinese; they get totally legless within an hour; most drink Maotai, which can cost over a thousand pounds a bottle very expensive but they all drink it - however they are not normally violent people. Indeed I find them funny people in the context of not having an idea that they are so different to the rest of us.

There are always a few from each country admittedly. But MOST of the Chinese tourists you meet are just freaking rude.

Reality check? You obviously never haven't met many of these self entitled boors. These people got what they deserved.

Bloody PRC Chinese. Worse kind of tourists. Rude, boorish, loud, insensitive of local culture and think just because they have some money, they can do whatever they want. It's not just in Thailand, people find them offensive whereever they go.

Lots of people say this about the Thai tourists abroad as well...

Or the Jews, the Russians, the Brits, the.................you name it.

Nothing new under the sun.

I bet when you go to vacation, ultimately also want to go on your travel plan, not what someone else want to force you into, and want to eat in restaurants you find acceptable not what someone tells you is good enough for you!

Have a reality check, maybe!?

I have flown EVA back and forth from the states more times than I can count and have never encountered the awful behavior described here by the Chinese. maybe they are different when they have to go to Europe. Depression and all that showing itself. (Kidding!) What they do here may be another matter. Driver needed to use interpreter and set some ground rules, give a warning, then boot them. Put them in a Rohinga camp or something like that.

EVA isn't a Chinese airline. It's Taiwanese.

EVA flight from Bangkok to Amsterdam and back are generally good.

Good service, nice staff, always happy to help you out.

Twice the back of the 747-400 was filled up with Chinese travellers.

Halfway the staff were on strike, all drinks and food werd gone, just taken by the Chinese.

They refused to serve the Chinese, being Chinese themselves.

If you asked for some water, lemonade, coffee or tea?

All gone.

The breakfast near Amsterdam was not served, there was nothing left to serve.........

Besides that, very noisy, walking around in the plane, disturbing staff and passengers. shouting, gambling.

In short, a menace.

At least they didn't tell the pilot to divert to Jo'burg. biggrin.png

When I was flying as a Senior Steward I was asked by one of my girls on two separate occasions to have a quiet tactful word with a rude and obstreperous passenger. Both times this this didn't quieten the moron and I reported the fact to the Captain. On the first occasion he came back and it did the trick and I was told that the problem child was not to be served alcohol. I had already made that clear to the passenger. On the second occasion the miscreant argued with the Captain who threatened to have him restrained. He radioed ahead and on arrival the plane was met by the police who promptly arrested him. What a way to finish one's honeymoon. His new wife was left to find her own way home lugging all the bags. I guess she wasn't too pleased and he paid for that big time.

• Like 1

I was a tour guide myself for many years, so I can understand the driver getting upset.

Tour guides need to learn the culture of countries that tourists come from. I used to have a lot of problems dealing with Chinese myself, until an Asian co worker told me that Chinese only respect people that are strong and stand up for themselves. Once I understood this I had no more problems with Chinese tourists.

hmmm the driver did stand up for himself AND ?

So the driver got upset when slapped on the head for not allowing smoking in his van on top of the other accusations that were made by him..

So do the Chinese think they can slap a Thai around the head and get away with it, maybe they were HI So Chinese and think they can do what they want.. If the accusations are true from the driver then the Chinese IMO deserved to be booted out of the van...

The biggest Chinese bashing thread ever.

Hey Mr. K. , guess what? If they had the kahunas to get into a cab driven by a BLACK GUY (me) , guess what ? ? , this supposed " incident would not make it 2 blocks from the first misdemeanor ... the darkest places are welcoming and a comfort for the special services they might require...... fancy restruants are always serving Fresh Blood Soup.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Surprising really, considering we are all supposed to be married to them. sad.png

Not sure what you mean by that, but it is well known that I have a brain melt down around this time every day !.

I am actually married to a Chinese business lady with offices in Bangkok and China, very intelligent to boot, speaks Fluent Chinese (of course), English, Russian and Thai. She drives a Honda SUV in Thailand and a BMW X5 in China.

She cringes when travelling on aircraft with Mainland tour groups on board. Point I make not all Chinese are the same.

Of course Thailand is very popular with the Chinese, and we realize that to make things calm these peasants need help, and there have been many times my wife and I have filled out tour groups landing cards for them. On one flight from HK to BKK after filling out their forms, when wheels down on final approach one prat decided it was time to go for a pee. Cabin crew were all belted up. I said rather military fashion "Sit Down". A voice from the back belonging to a crew member shouted 'Thank You Sir" and the guy shot back into his seat. Then they all shook my hand when exiting aircraft.

Are they Peasants, Are they Arrogant or are they really deep down inside nervous of losing face ?

Slapping taxi drivers over the head, misbehaving, no manners, ok, these are things to look forward to if you want the Yen, you see,there is a Karma, its called chinese tourists...clap2.gif

Dear Dudu .. the YEN is Japanese... the Yuan or Reminbi is Chinese ...!!!

If they already do that to a driver..... What is their behavior when they have a few and try to have fun in a bar?!?

Chinese don't often drink for recreation, only buisiness, my wife is Chinese and the last three weeks we have been taking her family around Europe, Paris, Italy and Greece, it's true they are very ignorant to others cultures which at times I found very frustrating, we wanted to show them the history of Rome to which we were met with" it's just a pile of old stone why I want to waste my time looking at this, please take us to the Hermes shop. Criminal. Also all the wonderful foods to try, again we were met with, " it's ok but we want rice" and spent most days going to the most awful Cantonese resturant next to the hotel.. Edited by lush64
  • Like 2

Hey Mr. K. , guess what? If they had the kahunas to get into a cab driven by a BLACK GUY (me) , guess what ? ? , this supposed " incident would not make it 2 blocks from the first misdemeanor ... the darkest places are welcoming and a comfort for the special services they might require...... fancy restruants are always serving Fresh Blood Soup.wai2.gif

A very thoughtful post. Doesn't make sense your bloody soup.-wai2.gif

Chinese don't often drink for recreation, only buisiness, my wife is Chinese and the last three weeks we have been taking her family around Europe, Paris, Italy and Greece, it's true they are very ignorant to others cultures which at times I found very frustrating, we wanted to show them the history of Rome to which we were met with" it's just a pile of old stone why I want to waste my time looking at this, please take us to the Hermes shop. Criminal. Also all the wonderful foods to try, again we were met with, " it's ok but we want rice" and spent most days going to the most awful Cantonese resturant next to the hotel..

First communist, then even worse. Russia's the best warning.-wai.gif

Are you Mr T? biggrin.png

EVA flight from Bangkok to Amsterdam and back are generally good.

Good service, nice staff, always happy to help you out.

Twice the back of the 747-400 was filled up with Chinese travellers.

Halfway the staff were on strike, all drinks and food werd gone, just taken by the Chinese.

They refused to serve the Chinese, being Chinese themselves.

If you asked for some water, lemonade, coffee or tea?

All gone.

The breakfast near Amsterdam was not served, there was nothing left to serve.........

Besides that, very noisy, walking around in the plane, disturbing staff and passengers. shouting, gambling.

In short, a menace.

"They refused to serve the Chinese, being Chinese themselves."

Taiwanese. Abt 30 years more civilised.

• Like 1